Sign in to follow this  
53 Deluxe

Hop-up Tamiya (?) Chassis

Hi Everyone,

I am currently sorting through a load of NOS Tamiya, PB and Serpent parts that my dad has acquired over after being in the trade for over 20 years and have stumbled upon this chassis. He says it was a hop-up chassis for a tamiya car but I cannot determine which one. It is made of alluminium, pretty well made and very light. No markings.

Can anyone ID this for me?

P1040818.jpg

P1040819.jpg

Thanks (in advance), Ben

Best guess would be a chassis upgrade for the Hotshot, based on the positioning of some of the screwholes.

- James

Best guess would be a chassis upgrade for the Hotshot, based on the positioning of some of the screwholes.

- James

Could well be... It's making me curious already :D I think it is time to wait for terry.sc's reply :D

The chassis was sold by SRM Racing and is for the Hotshot, to run it you would also have to change the steering setup to something similar to this:

img297_14022004000308_4_350.jpg

and the steering servo sits further back on the hole less area of the chassis.

Thanks Terry, my dad did suspect it was for the Hot Shot but he has been in the game that long he wasn't sure. If I could be so bold.... what value do you think this may hold?

Thanks,

Ben

If anyone asks for value, the only way of getting a current market value is to look on ebay, although you've unlikely to find this anywhere. I could tell you what I would pay for it, but that doesn't necessarily mean others will value it the same.

The only way to work out what it's actually worth is to put it on ebay.

The only way to work out what it's actually worth is to put it on ebay.

And let us know when you do. :lol: