BeetleLover

If You Had To Get A Tamiya Related Tattoo...

I have always thought I'd like to get a tattoo one day, the thing is I can never decide what I'd really like, probably just 1, nothing overly large or anything... probably a shoulder... Anyways my fiancee said I should just get a small robot operating an RC car, 2 of my favourite things... Today I suggested I look at the Tamiya slogans for inspiration... I said to Kelly how about a tattoo in the correct colors and font of "Being Nuts is Neat" She looked at me sideways like I'm completely nuts! "How About Any Time Baby!" That one created an even more scornful look lol. Anyways what would you guys think might be a cool Tamiya related tattoo? Fox / Falcon / Frog logo's etc or something else? I don't know if I will go ahead with getting a tattoo but maybe just maybe I might stumble across a really cool idea that might 1 day be inked.

So what are you guys getting?! Bullhead on your Butt?

James :huh:

All depends what your collection is, or your favourites are

A mini Clod might be quite cool, even in B&W

A few other ideas, just words, which your fiancee might not find the funny side of..

Too hot to handle (Hotshot)

or

Wild Willy :huh:

Friend of mine once told me that if you're "Not really sure what tattoo you want", then you shouldn't get a tattoo. And this was someone who's covered in the blummin things.

That said, how about a stylised Falcon (the yellow falcon logo from the Falcon) and "Born to be Wild" ?

Although I don't have a tattoo, the note that Steelrat posted seems like a wise one :huh: Other than that, if they'd FORCE me (I'm not a tattoo-ish person), I guess a tattoo of the Dyna Storm, viewed from the left side, covering the main body contours and lines - and the wheels - a bit like those side views from the touring cars in the 90's that you find in Tamiya's manuals :lol:

I was thinking of getting a Tattoo as well James for my birthday this year but its hard to come up with an original idea .

Does Wild Wendy count ? :huh:

meh slogans & boxart go on the outside (on a tee!) so they can be changed as mood suits

for permanent ink, i'd go for

ORIGINAL

not re-release

somewhere obscured :lol:

and ferchrissake don't sellout to BBC and get inked whilst Clarkson is chauffering you around the countryside in a Rangie :huh:

Any tattoo you get has to be something that means something to you, personally. Not something just picked off the wall or thought up at random. It's a life-long commitment and if you're not totally sure, you'll have to live with it the rest of your life. I have a few (nothing Tamiya-related) and even sometimes I find myself looking at myself in the mirror and wondering what I'd look like if I had untouched skin.

That said, if it had to be Tamiya-related, a tamiya box-wrench, in somewhere subtle, would be awesome :huh:

Fly to Japan, get Mr Tamiya to sign his name on your arm, don't wash for a few days (probably best to travel alone), go to Tattoo palour in Aus/NZ. Job done! Then just wait for the annoying daily questions of what's that on your arm.

For me I'd rather spend the money buying some hop-ups :huh:

:lol:

I would agree that a tattoo has to mean something to the wearer of it, not just I'll have one as my mates have got one etc... I have 3, 1 I want either removed/covered or just left as is as a reminder of not what to do, andother that means something big to me and the obligitory Union Jack/Bulldog type lol...

If I was to have an R/C inspired tat, then probably would be the blue/red with stars theme. Reasonably sized at base of spine.

I'm not the kind of person and race in there and do something irreversible and I suppose this topic is more fun than my actual desire to act on it! What I found funny was that the majority of Wing Slogans had quite a sexual connotation to them and getting one of those ones especially would be way out running something subtle! I thought of this topic just before we went to bed last night and we couldn't get to sleep because lots of silly ideas came into our heads with certain cars in certain locations. I promise I won't get a thunder shot on my butt or a hotshot or supershot on something unmentionable.

I like the idea of the solid black silouette of the cars that were often in the manuals or in the box inserts etc. (a friend of mine has solid silouettes of maybe half a dozen aircraft on his foreams, y'kno looking down from above etc, I think his grand dad was a pilot/war veteran so has significant meaning and the aircraft are famous)

I think at the end of the day if I were to act on a Tamiya related tattoo it'd probably be the Stylized Falcon logo with that being my first car. I actually like those tribal tattoo's that are on one side of the chest and wrap over a shoulder but 1. they're massive, 2. probably not the best choice for a first one and 3. Kelly says it's really not me and a small Tamiya one is probably the best consolation! She still likes a small robot with control and the car miles away on another part of my body :)

I do like the Tamiya Box Wrench too, I like the way it's significant yet subtle and only those that recognize it should understand my passion.

James :)

A Tamiya box wrench would look a bit like a crucifix, IMHO, unless it was a perspective 3/4 view that showed the socket at the end.

Just get a red star of the left butt cheek, a blue star on the right butt cheek, and be done with it.

- James

Just get a red star of the left butt cheek, a blue star on the right butt cheek, and be done with it.

I think I've seen that in a strip joint at some point or other, but I don't remember it bringing Tamiya to mind. :)

I really, really hope that wasn't you dancing James, otherwise I want my $1 back and I am never going to drink tequila again. :)

If I had to use the tatooists round my way, which are all rubbish, I'd play safe and go for one of he silhouette images off the side of a box. Probably Wild Willy.

I really, really hope that wasn't you dancing James, otherwise I want my $1 back and I am never going to drink tequila again. :)

Curse you, you've found out how I fund my Tamiya habit....

- James

post-33251-1296099134_thumb.jpgstrange thread this one ? but since i have '' Trypanophobia '' , a tat will neve happen ! :) but ,,if i was to get one , the green frog emblem looks cool .

on the other hand i reacon if you got '' tamiya collection '' tatooed on your , ahh , certain part ! , then you could play with your '' collection '' any time you wanted and then you could watch your '' collection '' grow and if your wife/girlfriend likes your '' collection '' , she can play with it too ! :)

post-33251-1296099134_thumb.jpgstrange thread this one ? but since i have '' Trypanophobia '' , a tat will neve happen ! :) but ,,if i was to get one , the green frog emblem looks cool .

on the other hand i reacon if you got '' tamiya collection '' tatooed on your , ahh , certain part ! , then you could play with your '' collection '' any time you wanted and then you could watch your '' collection '' grow and if your wife/girlfriend likes your '' collection '' , she can play with it too ! :P

...What happens if you sell one of your cars? :o

Anyway, the Frog logo for a Tattoo is pretty cool - even though I'm not much of a fan of the Frog itself it would look really good! And as one of those temporary tattoos for kids as well :) Free Frog tattoos with your Tamtech Frog? :P

A Tamiya box wrench would look a bit like a crucifix, IMHO, unless it was a perspective 3/4 view that showed the socket at the end.

- James

Your right maybe I'll have a Wild Willy lashed to it!

I know Kstar got a Luncgbox boxart on his skin!!!

s5007157.jpg

Badboy

Quite a few years ago when tats were all the rage for what seemed like everyone, a good mate of mine spent a long time deciding on what he wanted done.

It had to be original he thought, something no-one had. I wanted one too but decided against it thinking it would be a case of "dot the dots" art on my celtic skin!

Well he eventually settled on a bar code ! Yes just there on the upper arm, an area only noticeable for the singlet top or bare chest brigade.

Original yes it was. " did you draw it from scratch I asked " ... " Nah just copied it straight from a coke can " :angry:

Well apparently it worked " down at the tills ", but that I can't remember I every witnessed " the magic ! "

........... but the funny thing was apparently it was a tesco own brand one & not even the original coke... his art was worth about 21p at the time.... Not sure if it's gone up in value, what with the fading of time!!!

...For my 2p worth, I have always wanted one, but have never had the right idea & like another member posted, maybe that was always the best reason for not getting one & like rosey mentioned, you gotta look the part too..... I don't !

I like the simple but to the point tilted boxrench idea james, I also like the hornet logo... but then that's 'cos it was my first tamiya & maybe another reason I stay away from ink!

Post a pic when/if it ever happens mate.

mat

I like the simple but to the point tilted boxrench idea james, I also like the hornet logo... but then that's 'cos it was my first tamiya & maybe another reason I stay away from ink!

LOL, i thought the box wrench was actually my idea that someone else ran with :angry:

Hornet logo, if i was to get one...

I definately wouldnt recomend getting the words CLOD BUSTER tatood anywhere though, it has certain connotations... :angry: