Sign in to follow this  
kyosho1

Let's poll to see which is the next favorite Avante based car you wish to be re-released

Let's poll to see which is the next favorite Avante based car you wish to be re-released  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bit of a no-brainer this one I would imagine. The Egress would surely be the kit most people would wish to see?

The Egress.definitely..sufficiently different from the Avante to warrant the production/purchase..again could never afford one back in the day, though after the Avante are we just being greedy expecting this model to also be re-re'd?!...

I agree that the Egress does not have the popularity of the Avante, but there is definitely a market for it. This is evident from the sort of values achieved in auctions for them in good condition or NIB.

Maybe this vehicle should be introduced as a limited production run as the last of the re-re. Give it a commemorative chassis number and maybe stand with a plaque, poster and all the hop up options. This would all justify the cost of only producing a limited run and enable Tamiya to charge a suitably high purchase price. Also this would be enough of a diferentiation to justify release of Egress as well as Avante. Though in my opinion the Avante shpuld have had that treatment after an Egress re-re, because the Egress is arguably the more usable design.

I agree that the Egress does not have the popularity of the Avante, but there is definitely a market for it. This is evident from the sort of values achieved in auctions for them in good condition or NIB.

..... Though in my opinion the Avante shpuld have had that treatment after an Egress re-re, because the Egress is arguably the more usable design.

I absolutely agree with that! :D I wanna to bash with an Egress & not an Avante. Avante is a showcase of Tamiya"s engineering capabilities & it is great for shelf display to ogle at.

Actually, if you look at the re-releases, most came in pairs of the same or close to the same price bracket. If that is true, then Egress will probably be the next Avante based car to be re-released if ever there was a possibility <_<

Then there is also the probability that whoever buys the Avante 2011, will probably get the Egress too :blink: I am sure Mr T is already smiling at that thought.

nah, it's time for some new models with interesting chassis design based on old cars...

I second that!! :(

.......according to Stella it is not selling anywhere near as fast as either the BC or SS....

Did they tell you that in an email, Paul?