Sign in to follow this  
tonysmini

Where to find tyres

Hiya, well my first foray into the Clod scene.

I have just taken over the project that started as Jay73s' Clodzilla, thanks Jay, it's huge and even my wife was lost for words, well, for 30 seconds but it's a start, lol.

I need to source a new set of tyres, but everyone I've tried in the UK so far has been out of stock.

Does anyone have any other places I could try? I want them to fit the standard Clod wheels, but I don't mind if they are the standard Tamiya ones or something different, I pln on doing a mix of standard bashing with maybe a bit of crawling thrown into the mix.

Cheers for your help guys,

Tony

I googled 9805226, part number for the stock tyres.... there seems to be stock overseas..... $25.00pr plus postage. Plus a few sets on ebay too.

Don't forget to factor in the customs hit though :angry:

Its just not worth it by the time the shipping is added fromt he US, never mind HM Customs intervention !

Its just not worth it by the time the shipping is added fromt he US, never mind HM Customs intervention !

I will just say that any tyres from Imex are worth it no matter how much we get stung. They are absolutely superb.

don't forget foam inserts, pullers/b&h's/rumblers are all pretty soft tires. i would also store the truck on a stand to prevent flat spotting.

I store all my cars 'off the wheels' anyway, I use old touring car wheels under the chassis.

I'm going to need something slightly bigger for a Clodzilla.

I need to think of a theme for my truck, hmmm.