cannondale1974

Do you guys run your vintage cars?

:) I love to run my Vintage cars but i have so much of them that i had to choose wich models have to be used...... :lol:

At the end i use to run my Ford Ranger, Wild Willy 1 (LWB) and the Clod Buster (one of the best all around runner).

Ford in action

b4pha242h5.jpg

Wild Willy (After years need "a little" attention on the body.......... :) ), this picture was taken 15 days ago at the sea.

qkd12w1ii0.jpg

Clod in action

677ps3rpw3.jpg

:) I love to run my Vintage cars but i have so much of them that i had to choose wich models have to be used...... :lol:

At the end i use to run my Ford Ranger, Wild Willy 1 (LWB) and the Clod Buster (one of the best all around runner).

Ford in action

b4pha242h5.jpg

Wild Willy (After years need "a little" attention on the body.......... :) ), this picture was taken 15 days ago at the sea.

qkd12w1ii0.jpg

Clod in action

677ps3rpw3.jpg

If a King Cab and a TA02 are vintage then yes, I run mine. Never any breakages (not even the notorious KC diff)

I even let my gf's 8yr old niece blast it around the beach.

Though based on the above pictures, I may consider either a Clod or TXT for her future beach-bashing fun.

Any excuse to show a pic of vintage being run hard .....

DSCF4373.jpg

I built this Original Dyna last year with the full intention of using it.

Doesn't get run as often as my other vintage because DS parts can be hard to come by but I try to run it as often as I dare.

With ref to your original question Cannondale I would say that most vintage owners will run them at some time, whether lightly or full on, I get the feeling that shelf queens are in the minority - though, as always, I stand to be corrected.

And I would say run your WW2! Yeah, bits will be flying off the body in all directions but they look better for it....

getuserimageasp.jpg

I only have two old cars. One is enjoying a well-earned retirement on the shelf after years of competition and bashing: an Associated RC10L graphite. The other is a battered but functional Falcon that I recently got for cheap. It will get plenty of running come summertime, but I won't give it as hard of a time as my modern cars.

As for a WW2, run it. Run it a lot. You won't regret it. Fun, and impossible to kill. You'll crack the roll bar and may have to glue Willy's arm back on once in a while, but the rest of it is more or less indestructible.

Willy 2 vintage, yeah only when he is rusting on a shelf.

only good reason not running a Willy, empty battery :P

Om32708.jpg

I run all my cars, willy m38 lwb, willy 2, willy wheeler, srt f150, srb sandscorcher, cc01 and cr01

only one that is still on a shelf is my bruiser

photo-2024-c00dab30.jpg

and even when they look like this

photo-1323-f72fd283.jpg

isnt rebuilding part of the fun

:lol:

Run them, run them all... I run all my cars, some harder then others, and I love to either film or photograph them.

I made one purely for running really hard and bashing...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/moviecomment.asp...1&uid=31924

One for slow scale (almost) crawling...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/moviecomment.asp...0&uid=31924

And many more, check 'em out and be convinced. You can allways run the cars you really treasure on softer surfaces only, like grass and sand.

Just click on the sig below for my answer ! RUN EM......RUN EM ALLLLL :P

Love the pic of the Falcon!!

Used to drive mine like that when I was a kid.

That's why it looks the way it does now :lol:

I run these all the time only today I smashed the battery holding clip on the underside of my frog due to a big air moment :) ......

I also broke both of the little clips on the underside of my G Hopper2 due to similar antics..........great fun :lol:

FrogHornetandGrasshopper2.jpg

Happy days!

If you want a nice looking car for the shelf go diecast, radio control cars are just that radio controlled so run em and enjoy them... As both Sarge and Terry have shown the North West Nutters know how to run vintage cars :lol:

img280_28032010182739_6.jpg

img280_10052009173359_5.jpg

img280_06082006194901_1.jpg

img280_16032008203740_10.jpg

Since I pulled it out of storage in December, I've been running my 26+ yr old Frog! Been busy restoring it and had some entertaining runs in the snow the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to when it warms up here so I can get it out in the dirt!

If you want a nice looking car for the shelf go diecast, radio control cars are just that radio controlled so run em and enjoy them...

Thats the most sensible thing I've heard all day, well said!

Who cares, do what you want. Run them, shelve them, stick them up in the attic to be never seen again, each to their own i say.

Spot on! For me it's about having these cars, whether I run them or not, surely it's my choice.

All mine are or will be runners (Except my NIB Fox, if I build it), but that doesn't mean they'll get run very much if at all!

Who cares, do what you want. Run them, shelve them, stick them up in the attic to be never seen again, each to their own i say.

Exactly! I started collecting NIB but found they are very expensive & you just tend to keep looking @ them trying to decide, to build or not to build. Now I just build them, which is the fun part. Buying them is the easy bit. Most of them will be run @ some stage but probably not all. Like Rosey said, it is up to the individual.

yeah You Bet...

I only have 5 shelf Queens.

Now have over 35 runners. Run them ever fortnight than i go to the biggest vintage meet if i can in Sydney once a yr.

Some pics.

IMG_0480.jpg

_MG_0390-1.jpg

Boondallbuggies17July2010Supershot.jpg