Tamiya-Guy

Just Wondering

hey all, im just wondering have you restored a car in really bad condition, and if so what model?

The Holiday Buggy in my showroom was in a real bad state when I got it , some before pics are there too , I totally reatored it to how it looks in my showroom now

Wrecks to respectable is my thing, I like buying rubbish off eBay

Finally painted the manta ray shell and just finished a hotshot. I have a blitzer beetle and a clod on the go now!

Never had a real wreck, cos I always think if you're going to replace everything, you might as well just buy all the component bits and make a new car out of them :(

However, my first Ebay junker (a Falcon) was in a bit of a state when I got it and now one of my favourite bashers.

My ta01 was a right wreck when I got it every hexagon on the chassis had brown glue in it, but now it is fine.

Hey there Guy's I did a Tyrrell P-34 traded with someone here and totally restored this one .and there are some kyosho's optima's witch reqyerd a total rebuild.

I sure love the local trading site's .

Becouse only when you buy these wrecks for les than nothing it will be worth the money and effort.

Cheers Alex

I like to think I can turn around the most run down wrecked model into something pretty reasonable, I love styrene body's especially in that respect. You do what you can according to your budget and the rarity of thing in front of you. Never throw anything out!

James

hey all, im just wondering have you restored a car in really bad condition, and if so what model?

TA03F - That was probably the worst condition car I EVER got my hands on - I was pretty *******ed at the seller for not mentioning the following damage in the description: Broken/cracked suspension parts, bent suspension rods on all sides, worn gears, overtightened/stressed plastics, completely worn out screw heads, and saying the chassis was carbon whereas it was FRP - I managed to get him to pay back a part of the money I paid though.

I restored it by buying about 90% of the car in NIP parts - I replaced all screws - and added some hopups like the stabilizers. Eventually I sold it on after finishing it, I ran it once and in that run I hit a kerb in a frontal impact due to interference. I checked the car, nothing was damaged apart from very light damage on the front bumper (as it was at a low speed). I couldn't bear it any longer though, the project had been troublesome since the start, and that together with it's value and the fact that it was belt drive brought me to the decision to sell it on - The guy who got it is a very lucky person to own it, it has cost me over 300 euros (including purchase) to get the car in the condition which it was in when I sold it... I probably only got two thirds of that, I can't remember... :D

Yes, I sure did. It's a 1984 Fast Attack Vehicle Chenowth buggy.

This is it as I found it.

FAV01.jpg

This is what I ended up with. Now I have the correct color wheels :lol:

03-2.jpg

top job on the fav ! mongy !! i love buying junkers , i alway set the seach to '' used '' on my ebay hunts ! my honet semi was started because the seller said it was RTR .. lol yeah .. ready to replace ! but if it wasnt so trashed the semi wouldnt have been born ! it not the cost its the pride of the work you put in to it , thats why most here say that their restored junkers are their favourite ..!

top job on the fav ! mongy !! i love buying junkers , i alway set the seach to '' used '' on my ebay hunts ! my honet semi was started because the seller said it was RTR .. lol yeah .. ready to replace ! but if it wasnt so trashed the semi wouldnt have been born ! it not the cost its the pride of the work you put in to it , thats why most here say that their restored junkers are their favourite ..!

Thanks, Commiedoor. I feel the same way. I get pleasure out of restoring old-beat up Tamiya models. I think you'll like to have a look at the whole process of restoring this FAV HERE. Most people reacted with surprise to my own way to strip the paint off of it, ha ha.

Have a good Monday!

EB

--