AdrianJones

Clod Buster shell question

I want to build a scale truck with my plucky CC-01. My question is would a Clod Buster shell fit the CC-01 chassis or will I need to modify the wheel base to get it looking right?

I want to build a scale truck with my plucky CC-01. My question is would a Clod Buster shell fit the CC-01 chassis or will I need to modify the wheel base to get it looking right?
Hiya Adrian. I have seen the truck you want to build. The answer is yes, you will need to modify it. Be sure to get different shocks and a longer joint shaft, and you'll make a great truck.

Best of luck with the project, and don't forget to upload pictures of it! :D

EB

--

Hiya Adrian. I have seen the truck you want to build. The answer is yes, you will need to modify it. Be sure to get different shocks and a longer joint shaft, and you'll make a great truck.

Best of luck with the project, and don't forget to upload pictures of it! :lol:

EB

--

Cheers for the reply,

I have mounted the clod buster shell on the chassis now. It kind of fits. The body is a little too long to get the wheels dead centre in the arches of the shell. My question is do I shorten the shell OR extend the chassis?

The clod shell measures 280mm (11") between the wheel arch centres, about 30mm longer than most 'long' Tamiya shelss.

If you mount the Clod shell a touch higher on the frame it won't look so bad, or you could cut the shell behind the cab, and take an inch out of the rear section.

Trouble is there are plenty of Clod like shells in true 1/10th scale from the likes of HPI and Pro-line at reasonable cost that you've really got to want to do the cut n shut as the time involved doesn't really warrant the work.