Sign in to follow this  
hobbyteam

Rooster Crawler-Edition Brush ESC

Hello everyone,

i am thinking to get this ESC from Novak but i need a small help...

it says "motor limit 27T"

Does that mean that i can a motor up to 27T or anything higher then that? :lol:

Will a 55T or a 65T motor work?

Thanks, greetings from Greece.

As aid above, it means any motor with higher turns.

Although I would suggest you look at a Tekin FX-R instead. Better performance, half the size, fully programmable and about the same price. The only advantage the Novak has is a slightly better BEC, but still not good enough for a decent high power servo.

Thanks, so will the Tekin hold the car on the hills?

Because i bought two brushless combos, one from Speed Passion and one from Integy, which the clain that they should hold the car but NOTHING-NOTHING AT ALL!

Especially the one from Speed Passion seems that it has no drag brake at all, althought i have both of them set the drag brake to FULL.

I have both a Tekin FX-R and Novak Rooster crawler. The rooster has slightly better drag brakes than the FX-R, But if given the option of buying new, The FX-R would win everytime. As Terry has already said its a far more versatile ESC.

Or Look out for a second hand Novak Goat brushless, the drag brake on the goat is very good.

For a brushless system for crawlers you must use a sensored system, the cheap sensorless systems like the Integy just can't hill hold by design, there's nothing they can do that will hold the truck due to the small magnets in the motor. You can get an amazing improvement in performance by using an outrunner brushless motor instead, such as the Holmes Hobbies Revolver.

The Tekin or Novak with a good high turn motor will hold as firm as you can get with better low speed control than any brushless system, it's why very few competition crawlers use brushless.