Sign in to follow this  
limas_mtb

TL01: Found a heat-sink that works!

Team Orion makes a cute heat-sink for electric motors, that fits the TL01 nicely [:)].

Unfortunately, it only comes in purple [V].

It seems to do a good job, considering that the motor on the TL sits behind the battery (making it a beautiful, warm place to be[:D])...

No glue or tools are needed, you just slide it onto the motor.

In Greece it retails for 16.5 Euros, so I guess one can find it cheaper abroad.

I've got a pic of it in my gallery, so check it out:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=5472&id=692

Cheers,

Alex

He Limas_mtb,

There are several heatsink's like these out there with a different number of cooling ribs so there is one for every size and they come in BLUE to don't have any brandnames though.

Personaly i used the associated TC3 small clipon heatsink but i had to cut some ribs on the bottom so they would not touch the ground.

Greatz Whacky.

Well, this one needs no modification at all & also works on most M-Chassis cars. It is also cheaper than Tamiya's stuff[;)]

Do you have any pics of your heat-sink?

Hi there,

I'm using the same heatsink on my Tl-01 and my Wild Dagger both with "hot" motors. The heatsink seams to work fine with me.

I like the color, it's the same as my ta03 alu shocks [8D][8D]

A pic: Rc-auto

Jon

Fastrax do 8 different clip on heatsinks. they all clip onto the top of the motor and most will fit the TL01 as they come in different widths all in inches. 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, clamp style, radial style, large fins, small fins. All of which come anodized in either blue/purple/red. I think they cost around £7-£10. And are available in the UK through CML Distribution. www.cmldistribution.co.uk

Thanx

Jimbo

:)

I have used the Purple Orion Heatsink on my TL01 for about 2 Years with no Problems. You can just see in the picture the Purple fins sticking up by the Electronic speed controller - I normally use a 14 Double Turn motor.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp...002155528_2.jpg

Notice how Hi-Tec this TL01 is - Also gor a AMBrc transponder in it [;)]