TWINSET

Spektrum Comp Now Open

That's Exciting! Is there a theme in mind already or is it currently being worked out?! How about having 10 themes and have everyone vote to nominate one! Or since the prize is radio gear perhaps have that relate somehow to the theme? I love the themes that can be a little abstract and those member who post thoughtful setups make for interesting viewing and make us all pose the question "now why didn't I think of that!"

I've been looking forward to a new comp the old banner is looking so 2010 now!

James

The theme suggestions have been moved here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44550

Imminent comps won't be themed to suggestions posted just after the announcement, just to keep everything as 'level' as possible - ie; whoever suggests the theme could have an unfair advantage etc.

Themes are decided by Netsmith AFAIK, maybe with input from those that donate the prizes.

Please don't post any more suggestions for themes in this thread, use the one in the link :D

Hey, I need an update on this :) !

Homepage updated :(

Here ya go chaps;

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

The usual;

Whats the theme? Burning Rubber!

Deliberately vague and wide open for interpretation, so get your creative hats on.

What are the rules?

Theme specific rules:

• Only one photo can be entered.
  • YOUR PICTURE MUST HAVE A CLEAR 'RC" CONNECTION IN IT, either a model, parts, boxes, paint, tools etc.
  • Any vehicles pictured must be RC
  • THE PHOTO CAN NOT HAVE BEEN ENTERED IN ANY OTHER TC COMPETITION
  • THE DESCRIPTION MUST STATE THE CONNECTION WITH THE THEME "BURNING RUBBER"
  • The pictures must be in your tamiyaclub showroom (no external links)
  • You may use paint packages to crop, rotate, sharpen, enhance colours etc but you cannot use them to make the model look like it is somewhere it is not or to add additional elements to the image (eg no text, borders or anything extra)
  • You need to enter a model into the competition before end of the Sunday 3rd April
  • You must vote by Sunday 24th April

General rules:

• You must have taken the photo or it be of one of your models and have permission to use it.
  • You must vote if you want to be in with a chance of winning yourself.

PLEASE NOTE: In the current climate many countries are now being much stricter about imported parcels and in turn hitting more parcels for import taxes. As has ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE, should you win we will cover the delivery costs but YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY IMPORT CHARGES. The donators of the prizes will not falsify any item values on the prizes. If you do not want to risk the possible charge of these taxes then the only solution is NOT TO ENTER.

You first entry is your final entry, you cannot change you mind or enter a different item later (even if you entered the wrong thing by mistake)

Its up to YOU to make sure your entry complies. If we see any which we do not feel complies they will be removed. We will attempt to contact you about this but this cannot be garaunteed, so you are responsible to check your entry is still there as the closing date approaches. If you entry is removed you will be welcome to enter a different photo.

The 'how to enter' guide is here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58115

No matter how well you think you followed the instructions, always check your entry shows here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

If it doesn't, you did something wrong. The entry process has been tested (with my entry from last time) and it works fine.

Please don't leave entering until the last minute, especially if you've not entered a comp before; if you have problems and miss the entry deadline there's nothing that can be done to 'slip you in'

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

and

MANY THANKS TO MODELSPORT

spm3130_b.jpg

burning rubber? I like that

tom4, ok, I need matches, fuel and, uhm, a soccer field :huh:

Seems like I need to get my Dyna Storm running again! And this time someone to shoot action pictures too I guess :P

Or perhaps...I know of another suitable candidate in my collection for this competition! :(

I predict fire will provide many puddles of melted Tamiya tires on pavement all over the entire world.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Only 32 entries! Is this a new record? Undesirable prize or a bad theme the reason for the low number of entries?

Too much rain and no time to bash/forgot my camera/cars broke, the list of excuses is endless, lol.

Hmmm, it won't let me vote, is that because I haven't entered?

Only 32 entries! Is this a new record? Undesirable prize or a bad theme the reason for the low number of entries?
Yeah it must be a record. And I don't know about other TCers, but I decided not to participate because the theme was not as exciting as the previous ones.

Congrats to the winner, and for the first time, I made it to top 10 !!

wahouuuuuuuuuuu

thanks to everyone who voted for me

tom4

I just want to say thank you to everyone who voted for me in the latest competition . I am really chuffed (I will post some pictures of the state of my beloved beetle. I didnt want to post any before in case it was a breach of the comp rules) again thanks to everyone

Congrats, hope your beetle survived the burn