will04

Help with Brushless setup for Hotshot!

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Your pics won't open on my phone, but you'll need to solder the plugs onto the ESC cables? (I needed to with mine), unless you've paid Modelsport to do it, in which case, aye, just plug in. (A to A etc) 

Would they? Pity. Never mind, I have converted them to jpegs, so this should work ok:

20201123_085041591_iOS.jpg

20201123_085021690_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Apollo11 said:

20201123_085021690_iOS.jpg

I soldered the ESC wires to those plugs @ 90° , but if the bullets on the ESC are the right diameter and work, they use those.

2018-09-17_03-35-11

Nice, I see. Fortunately I don't think that will be necessary, which is a bonus. Unfortunately the motor is mounted in a much more exposed position on the supershot and with vent holes all the way around, there wasn't much I could do with positioning it to prevent dirt ingress. I did look into motor dust covers, but they were all listed in the states or Japan and I knew shipping would take ages and be prohibitively expensive. But then I came up with a cunning plan. I bought some aquarium filter foam on Ebay for a few quid. I'll cut a section off that, wrap it around the motor and hold it in place with zip ties. That will filter the dirt out, but allow the motor to vent the way it needs to in order to keep cool. Depending on how I get on, I may soak the foam in a little light oil to make it a more effective filter. What do you reckon?

3 hours ago, Apollo11 said:

Nice, I see. Fortunately I don't think that will be necessary, which is a bonus. Unfortunately the motor is mounted in a much more exposed position on the supershot and with vent holes all the way around, there wasn't much I could do with positioning it to prevent dirt ingress. I did look into motor dust covers, but they were all listed in the states or Japan and I knew shipping would take ages and be prohibitively expensive. But then I came up with a cunning plan. I bought some aquarium filter foam on Ebay for a few quid. I'll cut a section off that, wrap it around the motor and hold it in place with zip ties. That will filter the dirt out, but allow the motor to vent the way it needs to in order to keep cool. Depending on how I get on, I may soak the foam in a little light oil to make it a more effective filter. What do you reckon?

Filter foam should be the same type used to make motor covers for RC. You should be fine with it dry. Soaking it in oil will make dirt/dust clog it even faster.