kenny1975

Holiday Buggy Sale

Hi all,

Newbie to this site so be gentle.

I've been having a house clearout recently & I've turned up my old RC stuf thats been in the lift for a few er decades?

So I know there are a few collectors kicking about I thought I would let someone else enjoy it.

this leads me on to my question for your Tamiya experts.

I have no idea what is a reason able price, i was thinking about ebaying it but what is a reasonable reserve, im not sure.

It's a full on original, absolutely with no broken parts. I think the tyres are even the original ones, its been ran so the tyres have some wear but they are far from bold.

actually this has the original radio gear with it, + the big square battery & "tick-tock" charger that you plug into the car cigarette lighter!

even the old coil type speed controller is in good condition with no signs of arcing damage that can be found.

I will put up some photos if i can figure out how to do it today...

Also I have one of the first a Mini Coopers (M01 chassis) thats got to go :-( and i guess the same questions for this alough this is a lot more "used" as i raced in for a afew years...

thanks,

KH

Hi all,

Newbie to this site so be gentle.

I've been having a house clearout recently & I've turned up my old RC stuf thats been in the lift for a few er decades?

So I know there are a few collectors kicking about I thought I would let someone else enjoy it.

this leads me on to my question for your Tamiya experts.

I have no idea what is a reason able price, i was thinking about ebaying it but what is a reasonable reserve, im not sure.

It's a full on original, absolutely with no broken parts. I think the tyres are even the original ones, its been ran so the tyres have some wear but they are far from bold.

actually this has the original radio gear with it, + the big square battery & "tick-tock" charger that you plug into the car cigarette lighter!

even the old coil type speed controller is in good condition with no signs of arcing damage that can be found.

I will put up some photos if i can figure out how to do it today...

Also I have one of the first a Mini Coopers (M01 chassis) thats got to go :-( and i guess the same questions for this alough this is a lot more "used" as i raced in for a afew years...

thanks,

KH

Welcome...

I think the general reply you will get is "check closed auctions on ebay"... and I think this is the best advice.

For the M01, depends what's included (motor/electrics/bearings/Hop Ups etc) but I just picked up a NIB M01 original Mini for US$160 but there's an identical one on eBay for US$300 (;)). Used, especially heavily, I think it might be worth US$100 motor and bearings included (don't hold me to that). Perhaps +US$40 if electrics are included.

The last original Holiday buggy for ssale int he classifieds here was a year ago...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=88519

whether it sold at its listed price of 365 euros, or is any indicator now that the re-re is widely available, is debatable.

Check completed ebay auctions for another indication.

with new ones available at under £100 plus radio gear i persoanlly wouldn't pay more than £200 for an original, but i'm not a collector or fussed about originality. Even paying twice new price for a used built original may be too much ??

There's four completed (UK) listings for original Holiday Buggys on ebay at the moment, they went for between £56 and £97. The cheapest one didn't have full radio gear or MSC, so the ones that are most comparable to yours went for £66 - £97.