mtbkym01

Attention All Aussies on TC

OK, after reading a suggestion by a fellow aussie, I though it'd be a good idea to post up here where your from in Aus, as a kind of reference point for those who may be close to you and may become part of a network to help each other out etc... Imagine if you had another collector/enthusiast that lived in your town, who may just have that part you've been chasing for ages.

I'll Kick it off here:

I'm Kym, 38 yrs old, and am from Cairns in FNQ. My wife and I are presently in the process of relocating back to SA (Home) where we plan to live in the southern suburbs.

Hope you other aussies support this thread, would be great to know who's who in the zoo

Post away

Cheers

Well I'm a 34 y.o. kiwi and have been living in Melbourne not quite a year but in 2 weeks I'm moving back home ;) Have loved this place tho and have met 5 local TC members here who have been super friendly and helpful ;)

Have you had a look at the member map to see whose where...?

James

Chris, 33

Just moved to Brisbane from Adelaide this year.

In the Southern Suburbs of Brisbane.

Stuart 42

NSW / VIC border live in a small country town on a few acres where men are men and sheep are scared ;)

when would bods in Melb gain critical mass enough to organise a get2gether vintage bash :D

...back to SA (Home) where we plan to live in the southern suburbs.

that would be Tasmania, ya? :rolleyes:

on a few acres where men are men and sheep are scared :rolleyes:

Stop chasing them poor sheep with the Baja 5B :D

Mark, 42, Central Southern Queensland in a small town you would miss if you blinked while driving along the highway.

<< Brynn, 33, Adelaide.

Would be good to be able to source some vintage parts/cars from Oz.

The postage from the UK and Nth America is a killer.

Pay as much for postage as what the item costs!! :D

when would bods in Melb gain critical mass enough to organise a get2gether vintage bash :rolleyes:

I second that for Adelaide. :D

I'm not Aussie but I've lived in Canberra for 12 years from age 12-24.

27 now and living in my home country but dream of returning to Australia.

when would bods in Melb gain critical mass enough to organise a get2gether vintage bash :D

that would be Tasmania, ya? :rolleyes:

Sounds like an awesome idea Willy. Would be great if we had something like Boondal R/C track in Melbourne. It's an old school track w' the smaller jumps etc. that would not be a vintage car destroyer. Maybe this thread will help get some of us vintage fans/collectors together. Knox club race vintage cars but apart from that I'm not sure they do much more, which is a pitty.

By the way my name is Damien & I am 39 & living in the beachside suburb of Melbourne called Frankston.

Jason 36, Toowoomba, Qld

Whats scary is we are all of similar age, and playing with toys we all had as kids... who says you need to grow up!!!

Repping it for the impending mid life crisis

Corpsey here, 41 this month, Bacchus Marsh in Victoria. I'll be in for a catch up if Willy ever gets off his oit and organizes it!

Whats scary is we are all of similar age, and playing with toys we all had as kids... who says you need to grow up!!!

They're scale R/C models, not toys!

That's what I try to tell myself! :D

Currently in the process of getting my Falcon running after 16 years.

Hopefully will be in the next couple of weeks!

Now we are in a position where we can get the models we dreamed about as kids.

Well, trying to in my case. Got like half dozen models in mind... :rolleyes:

george , 50 , living in mackay , central queensland . used to race offroad competivley back in the 90's . back in to r/c's after health forced retirement .

Dave, 33, sunshine coast in QLD, regularly make the drive to boondall for our meetings (when it's not under water that is)

I'm not an Aussie but you guys get some awesome looking Holden and Ford bodies the rest of the world doesn't get. I wish we did :rolleyes:

Mark, 40yrs,

Brisbane. Been racing since 14, Started in W.A,

Spent a yr racing in the U.K too.

Still racing Vintage and 8th off road nitro.

Brad, 33.

<==== I live in Brisbane.

Still have my original Fox from when I was a kid which still gets run on occasion at Boondall.

I can only recommend that anyone that can make the fortnightly runs at Boondall should come out for a good day of vintage running and chat.

when would bods in Melb gain critical mass enough to organise a get2gether vintage bash ;)

Would be good to get out again for another bash Willy, seems to have been YEARS since the last one......

Oh yeah.... Alex, in Melbourne, and not quite 40 yet... ask me again in a few months ;)

Mostly pile up great mounds of carp and then send it off to various people for nice prices.... oh, and run in the Knox / Keilor Vintage Enduro each year! Still trying to finish off a few Schumacher projects (ProCat, XLS, Daytona, about a dozen vintage Schumacher nitros....), but seem to be preoccpied with building drift cars, Minis, and Kyosho Raiders at the moment! lol....

Alex

I hope no one minds that I've consolidated the above:

BeetleLover, James, 34, Melbourne, VIC (limited time only till back in New Zealand)

Corpse Thrower, Corpsey, 41, Bacchus Marsh, VIC

Damaniac, Damien, 39, Frankston, Melbourne, VIC

Incredible_Serious, Alex, 39, Melbourne, VIC

Ozrace, Adam, 42, Melbourne, VIC

WillyChang, Willy, Melbourne VIC

Swarm, Stuart, 42 NSW / VIC Border

MTBKYM01, Kym, 38, Cairns, Far North QLD

TA_Mark, Mark, 42, Central Southern QLD

bjr250, Brad, 33, Brisbane, QLD

MAD RACER, Mark, 40, Brisbane, QLD

Redzone, Dave, 33, Sunshine Coast, QLD

commiedoor, George, 50, Mackay, Central QLD

Mcweee, Craig, 39, Mackay, Central QLD

Tamiya Tamer, Jason, 36, Toowoomba, QLD

rotor, Chris, 33, Brisbane, Southern Suburbs, QLD

Falcon#5, Brynn, 33, Adelaide, SA

No hot chicks yet?! lol

I know others but I don't feel right about adding them, they best add themselves so I hope they respond to this thread... I find it frustrating when peoples Forum handle is different to their TC handle, can get confusing who you are talking to sometimes... Maybe a "TC yes" beside yours if you are a subscribed member...

James

dang ! im the grand-daddy of the bunch so far ....beetle .. ! lets not over complicate things with TC just yet , the fact that their here at all is a good thing .. ;)

Dan, 36, Central Coast NSW

TC Subscriber, loved R/C for as long as I can remember, never raced in competition, just in it for the fun and relaxation. I have 4 boys that love to spend time with me and my collection ;)

dang ! im the grand-daddy of the bunch so far ....beetle .. ! lets not over complicate things with TC just yet , the fact that their here at all is a good thing .. ;)

I think we might have a couple of older TC enthusiasts in Australia that use this forum ;)

James from Sydney NSW here. I'm 38.

We're a bunch of procrastinators when it comes to organising TC meet-ups down under though...

- James