mtbkym01

Attention All Aussies on TC

Mark, 35 , Brisbane.

Tamiya nut, Boondall regular and local seller of cool stuff like Repo Fox arms, Yeah Racing hop ups, 2.4ghz radios, brushless and lipos.

Dave, 36 Adelaide in the northern burbs.... country boy originally..... Have been living Adelaide for about 18 years now

Great stuff so far guys B)

Funny about the age thing, well not so when you think about it, we would have all been of the 13-14ish age when Tamiya really took off with the models like the Hornet, Frog, Hotshot, Fox Wild One etc...and what more could us boy racers want at that age, other than the coolest things available at our local Toy/Hobbyshop.

Cheers

Dave, 36 Adelaide in the northern burbs.... country boy originally..... Have been living Adelaide for about 18 years now

Same here.

Know of any tracks/clubs out this side of town?

I only know of the one at Edinburgh, behind Holdens.

When Kym moves down there will be 3 of us here.

Up for a vintage bash sometime?

Great stuff so far guys B)

Funny about the age thing, well not so when you think about it, we would have all been of the 13-14ish age when Tamiya really took off with the models like the Hornet, Frog, Hotshot, Fox Wild One etc...and what more could us boy racers want at that age, other than the coolest things available at our local Toy/Hobbyshop.

Cheers

So true.

I was talking to a mate who is 24, and he couldn't understand why I liked the vintage cars,

Explained what I'm doing to my Falcon to get it running again.

His reply was "Why don't you just buy a new one?".... B)

Steve, 37. Perth,WA Work fly-in,fly-out between Perth and Mine-site (second home). Take my Traxxas Slash 4x4 to dig-up red dirt near the desert. My Tamiya's stay at first home.

Steve, 37. Perth,WA Work fly-in,fly-out between Perth and Mine-site (second home). Take my Traxxas Slash 4x4 to dig-up red dirt near the desert. My Tamiya's stay at first home.

Great idea!

I wish I had done that when I was working FiFo.

Got quite boring sitting in my donga staring at the walls! B)

Would be good to get out again for another bash Willy, seems to have been YEARS since the last one......

'cos it WAS yrs ago... was the Templestowe offroad track still there when we first did a g2g?!!!

hey how about a sendoff g2g for Beetle fella - James u available?

name a time/place you're not booked out and we'll see what's doable!

'cos it WAS yrs ago... was the Templestowe offroad track still there when we first did a g2g?!!!

Templestowe hasn't been an offroad track for a LOOOOONG time......

Our first get-together, from memory (so don't give it too much credence, it don't work any more!) was Minis onroad at TFTR, with a couple of offroaders (our old Kiwi mate with his Lunchie, etc) up on the hill.......

hey how about a sendoff g2g for Beetle fella - James u available?

name a time/place you're not booked out and we'll see what's doable!

Badword yeah.... what's an Aussie TC get-together without a Kiwi involved????? Let's do it!

Alex

Badword yeah.... what's an Aussie TC get-together without a Kiwi involved????? Let's do it!

Alex

Yeah that is kinda the way it is, token Kiwi, when I went travelling to the US I met up with a few Aussies at a back packers to go to Seaworld and then another Aussie said I've got a car let's go cruisin'

I'd love to catch you guys up for a bash but I'm afraid things have been moving really fast around here, this weekend would be good but alas not much time to pull it off! We go back to NZ on the 19th of this month, get married on the 26th B) I'll be back over on the 18th to the 21st of March and will be pretty hectic resolving our apartment and those things that are boring! If you did try and sort something out for that weekend I could attempt to come out but not sure if I could follow through, just depends on our chores... I won't have a car to bash, they're all packed up ready to go home and my Cheetah is not so useful for bashing! I'd just be happy to meet a few more TC crew... I reckon Bullfrog would be into it too, met him a couple weeks ago B)

James

So the NSW boys have started dropping their details... added

BeetleLover, James, 34, Melbourne, VIC (limited time only till back in New Zealand)

Corpse Thrower, Corpsey, 41, Bacchus Marsh, VIC

Damaniac, Damien, 39, Frankston, Melbourne, VIC

Incredible_Serious, Alex, 39, Melbourne, VIC

Ozrace, Adam, 42, Melbourne, VIC

Swarm, Stuart, 42 NSW / VIC Border

WillyChang, Willy, Melbourne VIC

HunterZero, 38, Sydney, NSW

Pagedm_f350, 36 Central Coast, NSW

Rayman011, Ray, 38, SW, Sydney, NSW

Ap6318, Mark, 35, Brisbane, QLD

bjr250, Brad, 33, Brisbane, QLD

commiedoor, George, 50, Mackay, Central QLD

MAD RACER, Mark, 40, Brisbane, QLD

Mcweee, Craig, 39, Mackay, Central QLD

MTBKYM01, Kym, 38, Cairns, Far North QLD

Redzone, Dave, 33, Sunshine Coast, QLD

rotor, Chris, 33, Brisbane, Southern Suburbs, QLD

TA_Mark, Mark, 42, Central Southern QLD

Tamiya Tamer, Jason, 36, Toowoomba, QLD

Falcon#5, Brynn, 33, Adelaide, SA

Falcon#5's Friend, 24, Adelaide, doesn't understand vintage! B) lol

SB-Aust,Steve, 37, Perth, WA

and still no hot chicks...

Mark, 35 , Brisbane.

Tamiya nut, Boondall regular and local seller of cool stuff like Repo Fox arms, Yeah Racing hop ups, 2.4ghz radios, brushless and lipos.

Do you have a website or somewhere where we can see your wares (there was alot of wheres, wares, wears there) ;)

I'd love to catch you guys up for a bash ... this weekend would be good but alas not much time to pull it off!

we'll give it a shot ;)

BeetleLover's Batchelor Bash & his last weekend in Melbourne

THIS WEEKEND - SATURDAY 12/2/2011 @ 11am (ok?)

venue... unless someone else has better suggestion, how about one of

the many dirt areas just off the road/path @ The Strand, Williamstown VIC

everyone coming pls show your interest here

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60921

Great stuff so far guys ;)

Cheers

I think it was called the 80's, Frog, Hornet, Hotshot, Atari, Rubiks Cube, Donkey Kong & all that other good stuff that was around then.

Steve 42, Sydney. I have two Sand Scorcher unmade kits. I don't know too much about RC. I'd love to see a Sand Scorcher in the flesh.

Do you have a website or somewhere where we can see your wares (there was alot of wheres, wares, wears there) ;)

No website yet. I've bought my domain but not smart enough to do my own site so waiting for a mate to help me (not holding my breath).

I set up shop at every boondall run or shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number to come round to the man cave for a lookee.

For post orders, PM your email address and I can sent a price list.

So... All the Brissy and Coast boys ready for a run Saturday?

Same here.

Know of any tracks/clubs out this side of town?

I only know of the one at Edinburgh, behind Holdens.

When Kym moves down there will be 3 of us here.

Up for a vintage bash sometime?

No I didn't even know about that one.... Where is it? I have had a quick look around the area on nearmap to see if I could find it but no luck

Yeah I am up for a bash. Half my stuff is packed way while in a rental until the new house gets build but after that I am all in. always wanted to have a bash with a few people and I am sure I can find a person or two to drive my other cars if we want more than a few bashers?

I think it was called the 80's, Frog, Hornet, Hotshot, Atari, Rubiks Cube, Donkey Kong & all that other good stuff that was around then.

Love the 80's, the glory days of electric 1/10 offroad, wish I was still living them....Hang-on, I am, love re-re's, Hotshot should be here within a week ;)

No I didn't even know about that one.... Where is it? I have had a quick look around the area on nearmap to see if I could find it but no luck

Yeah I am up for a bash. Half my stuff is packed way while in a rental until the new house gets build but after that I am all in. always wanted to have a bash with a few people and I am sure I can find a person or two to drive my other cars if we want more than a few bashers?

Penfield Park

It appears to only have a 1/4 scale speedway track. ;)

I have never been inside it. Only looked while driving past.

Have done a quick search, and can't find any offroad tracks/clubs.

Maybe we could invade a BMX track, skate park or patch of dirt in a local park??

mtbKym01 suggested a place near Marion somewhere. I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Invite your mates, the more the merrier!! :D

I'll sing out when my Falcon is running.

Penfield Park

It appears to only have a 1/4 scale speedway track. ;)

I have never been inside it. Only looked while driving past.

Have done a quick search, and can't find any offroad tracks/clubs.

Maybe we could invade a BMX track, skate park or patch of dirt in a local park??

mtbKym01 suggested a place near Marion somewhere. I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Invite your mates, the more the merrier!! :D

I'll sing out when my Falcon is running.

Mitchell Park Reserve on Bradley Grove Mitchell Park

It's an old track that I believe is very hard due to being 'oiled' back in the day

Not huge either, but may be well suited to 1/10 old school cars, has a Rostrum (Drivers Stand) from back in the day aswell.

I just looked it up on google maps, but is real hard to see track due to all the trees, but you may just be able to see it if you look close, about half way along the oval

Mitchell Park Track

Cant wait to get down there boys, you never know, we may be able to create something like the Boondall Boys have got in brissy

Hey All,

Rob, 36 from Nth rocks Sydney (near parra)

Also get down Knox way in Melbourne regularly to catch up with my brother who also appears to be branching out to vintage with an Avante shortly (re-re)

haven't got into the the racing, but have a few I bash around with!

Hey

My names Kieren, and I'm from bundy. Where all good rum comes from ;) Mainly into crawlers, but I have the one rather old kyosho.

Kieren

Mitchell Park Reserve on Bradley Grove Mitchell Park

It's an old track that I believe is very hard due to being 'oiled' back in the day

Not huge either, but may be well suited to 1/10 old school cars, has a Rostrum (Drivers Stand) from back in the day aswell.

I just looked it up on google maps, but is real hard to see track due to all the trees, but you may just be able to see it if you look close, about half way along the oval

Mitchell Park Track

Cant wait to get down there boys, you never know, we may be able to create something like the Boondall Boys have got in brissy

Is a bit hard to see with the trees in the way, but can make out part of the track.

Street view is a bit too far away also.

I'll go have a look in person in the next few days, or on the weekend.

Might be the start of something good. ;)