BeetleLover

Tamiya Black Motors, Red and Blue Bell

I've bought a couple of motors off a mate, an NIB Blue end Endurance motor and a good looking slightly used Red end Sprint motor. I don't know a great deal about these motors, I suspect the Red end one came with the Tornado on-road car, which is a bonus cause mine hasn't the correct motor fitted. So the Blue Endurance I don't know if that came with a kit if any? Does anyone know? I'm keen to start a small vintage motor collection and I don't see many of these around, does anyone know if these are now hard to find? I doubt anyone would chase these motors to use as the performance numbers-wise looks limited. As there are few kits that came with these motors are these motors not particularly sought after? I looked at complete auctions on Ebay and there has hardly been any...

James

Hi,

what i know and remember about these motors is that starting from the standard 540 silver can (black endbell) the Black Sprint (Red Endbell) was i little bit faster and came as stock motor on the Can Am Lola and Tornado RM MK3 the Black Endurace (Blue Endbell) was slower than the stock silver can but was used when longer run time was needed due to a little bit lower current drain. I don't know if the Black Endurance came as stock motor in a kit.

The Sprint one was a very common hop up motor on old SRB buggies considering his perfect fit without any modification.

They are a must have in a vintage motors collection but not a difficult to find item and not worth a lot of money.

This is what i know, but i'm not sure to be 100% correct...

Hope this help.

Bye

WWD

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, i paid about $35US each for them so I think they are well worth that. I have seen a few of the Endurance motors over the years but this will be the first Sprint I will have seen in person. I would guess they were produced in similar numbers. Happy to add these to my collection, oh and I didn't know the Lola had the Sprint so I will have to be on the lookout for another!

cheers

James