Hi all long time no write.

Moneys tight so I'm thinking of selling an unbuilt rere lunchbox with some hop ups too inc 2 unopened sets of Tamiya short shock oil dampers and a half set un make 6 short oil filled shocks to do all round dampers plus 5th shock mod, Tamiya dirt tuned motor, metal body mounts/pins, lights and full bearing upgrade. Kit has esc inc and I'll add some yellow spray paint too. Would just need radio gear and batteries. Was saving this for when I had time and a bit more cash to build and mod further but not sure what to do as I'm really broke and have sold just about all my other cars bar one other. So do I keep it or put it in either sales and wants or ebay and see what I'm offered?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rich

Hmmm, sell all your hop ups, ESC, motor etc and keep the kit, at least you recoup some money yet you still have something for a rainy day...

James

Hmmm, sell all your hop ups, ESC, motor etc and keep the kit, at least you recoup some money yet you still have something for a rainy day...

James

Not really worth selling just the hop ups as there not that costly to buy these days. If it had been a technigold motor then maybe yes but its just a tamiya dirt tuned so I think it would have to be the whole lot. After all the kits cheap to buy these days if you have any spare cash.

Rich

I think you may have answered your own question, best sell the whole lot together as a package deal for the best money you could get... Reckon that lot should be easy enough to get again once you've sorted your finances...

James

I would keep it. You're unlikely to get what you've invested and you know you're going to want it back eventually.

On principle, I never sell toys when money gets tight. You still have some plasma, right? They pay for that....

Books and R/C come first. Rent next. Followed by car payments and insurance. Bills, even when you don't want to. Food and drink, if you must. Student loans if there is anything left over - they'll be collecting those ruddy things when I'm drawing Social Security, if it still exist ....

Not for everybody, but it works ok for me.

if you do sell i could be very tempted at the right price

PM me if you do decide to sell

I'd sell the kit with the bearing set, you should be able to get £10 less than you paid for it via ebay, but then you have the dreaded charges. Factor these in and post the for sale n the clssifieds here at a suitable point. The fact that Tamiya prices and VAT have risen recently migth actually put you less out of pocket then you think.

Ditto the dirt tuned motor and shocks - always plenty of discussion about uprated motors and shocks, so should be easy sales. As they are new just pitch the prices slightly below what you can get them delivered off the net .

Selling as a job lot doesn't work - people don't necessarily want the whole lot, and won't pay the value for it all as a result.

If you wanted to realise maximumvalue from the kit, you might want to think about selling off the individual parts, although you may have to wait soem time to get all the sales.

Good luck

I'd sell the kit with the bearing set, you should be able to get £10 less than you paid for it via ebay, but then you have the dreaded charges. Factor these in and post the for sale n the clssifieds here at a suitable point. The fact that Tamiya prices and VAT have risen recently migth actually put you less out of pocket then you think.

Ditto the dirt tuned motor and shocks - always plenty of discussion about uprated motors and shocks, so should be easy sales. As they are new just pitch the prices slightly below what you can get them delivered off the net .

Selling as a job lot doesn't work - people don't necessarily want the whole lot, and won't pay the value for it all as a result.

If you wanted to realise maximumvalue from the kit, you might want to think about selling off the individual parts, although you may have to wait soem time to get all the sales.

Good luck

Hmm maybe I'll just see if I can advertise the whole lot in an RC mag for best results? Really dont want to break the kit up as there are a lot of LB parts out there already and I'm bound to end up with half a kit I cant either sell or build. I was thinking of putting it at about £135 with free next day postage in the UK but I think I'd struggle to get that to be honest given all the kits on ebay for around £90 + p&p thats why I'm thinking an RC mag would be better.

I know a few have said dont sell but my health comes first which is what the money is going towards. (Also rules out selling my blood/plasma too! lol)

Thanks

Rich

who reads RC rags these days? least of all for the ''classifieds'', if any still do them ;)

even our local "Trading Post" newspaper has ceased paper publication - gone online only

try your luck on Craigslist, Plaig or your local eBay may have free listing offers from time to time

Maybe you would have some luck with Gumtree, as I've sold lego, old ipods etc.

P.S Th best thing is that pick up can be aranged. It is also free but with limited feature

Good Luck

HornetKid97