WillyChang

BeetleLover's Batchelor Bash (& his last weekend in Melbourne)

ok fellow Melbournites, lets have a show of hands... who's able to attend?

BeetleLover's Batchelor Bash & his last weekend in Melbourne

THIS WEEKEND - SATURDAY 12/2/2011 @ 11am

venue... unless someone else has better suggestion, how about one of

the many dirt areas just off the road/path @ The Strand, Williamstown VIC

Yup Willy I'll come, be hard not to come to my own Batchelor bash! Could I catch a ride out with you if it all goes ahead, I'm in South Yarra off commercial road... I hope I can find my Tamiyaclub Tshirt to get people to sign, hmmm have I packed it already?

cheers, sounds like a plan!

yea i already factored in picking u up with proposed time & venue :P

how many interested comers before we call this a goer? what say 5?

if nobody else is interested... we'll just detour past Alex's place out in the stix ;)

Working that day but may be able to get down to Williamstown for an hour or two around your start time......so count me in for a maybe for a little while!

Hey Willy can you drop me a quick email to my Beetlelover home page on TC, will send you back my details etc ;)

cheers

James

Nobody else available but ye Corpsey :D

Let's postpone to 19/20th March... Sat or Sun better for you?

Sorry guys, I only just saw this topic this morning, and a little too late to boot!

Ooops.

C..

Nobody else available but ye Corpsey :D

Let's postpone to 19/20th March... Sat or Sun better for you?

Sundays are better for me Willy-gator.

Lets lock the date down, put a big announcement up, and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Hopefully I'll have an Avante built and my 4.5T brushless Durga fixed by then.

It would be good to get together for a bash, I haven't driven any of my cars for years, let alone met anyone from TC!

Sundays are better for me Willy-gator.

Lets lock the date down, put a big announcement up, and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Hopefully I'll have an Avante built and my 4.5T brushless Durga fixed by then.

It would be good to get together for a bash, I haven't driven any of my cars for years, let alone met anyone from TC!

Sounds a plan, matey.... hmmmm, driving cars..... it's been a while!

Shall we start firing in location ideas? I like the idea of Park Orchards bmx track.... but may be in use that day....

Alex

Sounds a plan, matey.... hmmmm, driving cars..... it's been a while!

Shall we start firing in location ideas? I like the idea of Park Orchards bmx track.... but may be in use that day....

Alex

Righto, what happened to this?

Are we gonna do it or what?

Avante ready, Durga ready by next weekend if the bits come.

Lipo and charger obtained. I'm ready!!

Righto, what happened to this?

Are we gonna do it or what?

Avante ready, Durga ready by next weekend if the bits come.

Lipo and charger obtained. I'm ready!!

Umm I think that boat has sailed James is already back in NZ and he is married now :rolleyes:

Umm I think that boat has sailed James is already back in NZ and he is married now :rolleyes:

No matter... we can just have a bash in his honour....

How about one of the days of the extended Easter long weekend? I realise some people beleaguered with families may not be available this weekend.... but I know I can never go away anywhere, so will be looking for some bashing fun.

Who's up for it? Plenty of notice..... maybe the Monday or Tuesday????

Alex

Are there many off-road tracks in Melbourne?

Or do you just go for BMX tracks, or random dirt patches?

Brisbane has Boondal, Sydney has Castle Hill, Trying to get some action happening in Adelaide at Mitchell Park.

Maybe Melbourne should get something happening??

Just a thought. <_<

Well Hello! I guess you could say I've been kinda swamped to say the least! I did make it back over for a long weekend over the 19/20th but my chores for moving back to NZ destroyed me and ended up having no spare time :lol: We were finishing our apartment stuff off and moving our possessions around melbourne to take them back with us. You should have seen how loaded down we were in the end with the number of bags/boxes and mountain bike coming along for the flight. Monumental and glad we managed to make it back together! I must have taken about 5 RC cars back with us too :lol:

I'm stoked Alex suggested a gathering in my honour, that would be cool altho I'd rather be there! I could make a trophy if you guys wanted to set up an annual "BeetleLovers Cup" meet! We are just about to have our first inaugural New Zealand TC meet on the 9th and 10th of April, a good number of TC'ers will be coming and from good distances around the country, can hardly wait!!!

I hope to be back on the Forums regularly soon as we get our new flat together and an internet account!

cheers guys

James

BeetleLover

Are there many off-road tracks in Melbourne?

Or do you just go for BMX tracks, or random dirt patches?

Brisbane has Boondal, Sydney has Castle Hill, Trying to get some action happening in Adelaide at Mitchell Park.

Maybe Melbourne should get something happening??

Just a thought. :lol:

Melbourne has electric offroad tracks at both Knox (South-east) and Keilor (North-west)... there's also bmx tracks (including Park Orchards, North-east) all about the place. Unfortunately, Keilor is pretty much out for a run on a Sunday, as they run off road one weekend and onroad next door the next weekend. There's no actual racing at Knox at the moment, due to the vandalism of the driver's stand. Neither of the offroad tracks allows nitro-powered machines, so bashing worthy vehicles (like a vintage Schuey Nitro 10, for instance) would need to be done somewhere else. Hmmm..... Nitro 10 and Park Orchards......

Up for any more suggestions of places to bash (well, except Williamstown, Willy...), would love something up in the north-wast though....

Alex

BeetleLovers Cup?

Why the (stupid language filter) not?! :lol:

Worthy of a road trip! :D

All,

I have gotten word that Not-the-car-keys Mike (Renco5012) will be in Melbourne the weekend of the 14th / 15th May.... and is looking for a meet'n'beat.... anybody interested in a bash? Some suggestions put forward so far include Knox offroad track and TFTR onroad, although it'll be a not-so-serious event, so everything will be considered..... just looking to get together, shoot the breeze, run a few cars, and generally bag the limeys!

Post your interest here!!!

Alex