Sign in to follow this  
mb_c11

M01/02 and brushless

Has anyone tried using an EZ-Run or other brushless set in a M01 or M02?

Has anyone tried using an EZ-Run or other brushless set in a M01 or M02?

Yeah I run an m01 with a 9t ezrun. Goes nicely though I would make sure you definitely use a steel pinion, metal bearings throughout and maybe have some spare cash about as the tyres won't last too long if you drive at the extreme all the time!

I like the ezrun for the reason of no maintenance & better run times rather than for the extra power that it gives over a lot of brushed motors. Although it is nice driving on the half throttle but having the reserve when needed!

I didn't fit the ezrun specifically because I wanted a fast m01, just it was all I had about when I finished building the M01 up. I was pleasantly surprised how nicely it worked after playing with the setup.

Enjoy!

How do the gears hold up (especially considering there's only 3 pinion options)?

How do the gears hold up (especially considering there's only 3 pinion options)?

I run it with the standard 20t but it HAS to be steel. 0.6 mod RW racing is the one I got. Don't use normal tamiya alloy ones, that goes for any chassis not just the m01 when using brushless.

My gears hold up fine, it's the pinion you need worry about, as long as it's a steel one you will be just fine, oh and metal bearings throughout!

Regards any of the other 2 pinion sizes, I can't help you as I have not tried them.

No doubt someone else here on the forum, will have done or would be happy to share some further advise on the matter. There are a few members a lot more clued up than me on all things brushless and/or m01.

Also I plan to switch to lipo when funds allow but at the moment I run using a vapextech 4600mah NIMH battery, works great with ample run times in this setup. It all suits my needs as I am just an occasional lunchtime car park basher! - Not a racer/expert with more info I'm afraid.

Hope that all helps.

mat