Sign in to follow this  
Edge(2)

What's it worth

Gents and Ladies (are there any present)

I have located a Blackfoot MIB and I was wondering what they are worth before I shell out the leaves!! Perhaps your guidance could avert a terrible financial catastrophe...

Other interesting finds I have that the same information could be useful on is:

ClodBuster MIB

BullHead MIB

Super Hornet MIB

Midinght Pumpkin MIB

I am sure you people are all qualified to provide answers..

Look forward to all response.

Thanks

If its any use I've recently been offered a MIB Blackfoot for £200 (or maybe it was £250)

And MIB Pumpkins are now regularly appearing on ebay for just $76.00, from asia.

logo_member2.gif

quote:

Other interesting finds I have that the same information could be useful on is:

ClodBuster MIB

BullHead MIB

Super Hornet MIB

Midinght Pumpkin MIB

id=quote>id=quote>

The above cars are all still available at www.towerhobbies.com

(prices in US dollars)

ClodBuster MIB 235 (USD)

BullHead MIB 250 (USD)

Super Hornet 70(USD)

Midinght Pumpkin MIB 100 (USD)

No idea where you are to know what shipping and import taxes etc will do to the above prices.

I have heard of slight differences between old ClodBusters and new ones. Something like the new one does not have a Chevrolet logo on the grille. I don't know if this is true or not, nor if anyone cares from a collector's standpoint.

I think the Blackfoot is worth a bit more. If you just want a Blackfoot to drive, tower also sells the King Blackfoot, which looks similar to the old one. If you want to collect it, or hope it goes up in value, it's not the same.

I got a NIB Bullhead from holiday123 - Japan on ebay for $159 (buy it now was $179) + $50 shipping to England, and they have sold a couple previously. May be worth keeping an eye on them.

Their email is chow@cubic-works.com

sinature.jpg
logo_member2.gif

Edited by - TWINSET on 09 Oct 2002 16:06:57

quote:

I have heard of slight differences between old ClodBusters and new ones. Something like the new one does not have a Chevrolet logo on the grille. I don't know if this is true or not, nor if anyone cares from a collector's standpoint.

id=quote>id=quote>

This was a long long time ago... think only the first or so batches of Clods came with the Chevy bowtie on the grille. The later kits have nothing on the grille, and on the manual pix its visibly blanked out.

Clods are so many made/sold & plentiful 2nd hand, they're not huge amongst collectors except as a fill-in kit (it _is_ #65). Probably more collectability with the original Juggernaut "1".

So, does anyone care about the Chevy Logo? Is it something to look for? Or is it too obscure of a detail to bother with? Or is it time to start carefully examining those used clod bodies which appear on ebay all the time?

Nah, I personally don't look for it. Might add $5 to the value of your NIB kit, but that's about it.

Looks like someone cares 25 cents more than you, icon_smile_tongue.gif

Maybe you gould go another dollar !icon_smile_wink.gif

What do you think the end price will be?