Thommo

Egress Bin Find

hii buddy,,,,,wass up............ :(

Gday Mate,

I used the PS31 "smoke" on the undercowl and the result is fantastic (sorry, no pics). I'm really impressed with it and almost certainly I will be smoking the windows now too.

I am hanging to paint the body and wing but still no shed time atm. I have some time off at Xmas so look forward to completing this and getting some pics on here.

I am thinking about buying a Super Stock motor for myself for xmas. I am still open to suggestion about which motor to fit. If I do buy a Super Stock, which one do you folks think would be best for Eggy (BZ/TZ/RZ) or other? I've not used a Super Stock before.

Egress041211002.jpg

Gday Mate,

I used the PS31 "smoke" on the undercowl and the result is fantastic (sorry, no pics). I'm really impressed with it and almost certainly I will be smoking the windows now too.

I am hanging to paint the body and wing but still no shed time atm. I have some time off at Xmas so look forward to completing this and getting some pics on here.

I am thinking about buying a Super Stock motor for myself for xmas. I am still open to suggestion about which motor to fit. If I do buy a Super Stock, which one do you folks think would be best for Eggy (BZ/TZ/RZ) or other? I've not used a Super Stock before.

Egress041211002.jpg

mate,,,go for the TZ......

check this item ref. in ebay: 270865204487

Any progress? :blink:

Mate, there has been and she is getting close now.

I'm just waiting on decals and a TZ Superstock motor for her, everything else is ready and waiting. I looked at Dyna-Run Super Touring motor as an option but decided to order a TZ as I had some stuff to get from Stella anyhow. WillyChang is helping me out with the decals, thanks Wills. Body, wing and undercowel are all painted and the rx, speedy and servo are set up waiting for install.

I have been looking back through your build thread quite a bit. Wez you did so well to get those decals from Pyramid when you did (all dried up now).

I hope to get some pics posted up soon and Eggy will be out ripping up dirt in no time.

Have you been running yours?

Pyramid were still listin them a few days ago

Yeah but 30 quid ($48) plus postage. I think they started at 16 which was a bargain. Snoozed and lost as the saying goes :blink:

Yeah but 30 quid ($48) plus postage. I think they started at 16 which was a bargain. Snoozed and lost as the saying goes :lol:

They were £16 or £17 when Wez spotted them, but £20 when he purrchased - seems the price goes up as the stock level decreases - be quick because if another couple of sets sell they could be £50. Pyramid are still the cheapest place for genuine decals, and half what sellers want on ebay. A good set of non Tamiya stickers will most likely cost £20 plus shipping so the difference isn't huge really

Just finished. Three late nights in a row and she is ready for action.

Eggy001.jpg

Eggy002.jpg

Egress240112004.jpg

Egress240112003.jpg

Egress240112001.jpg

Egress240112005.jpg

Well this is easily the top shelf model in my humble gathering. I hope it drives as good as it looks. Thanks to everyone who posted here and thanks to TamiyaEra and WillyChang for parts and decals. Thanks to the Avante 2011 and Vajra I have all of the plastic to rebuild this into a shelf model one day. New original wheels aren't out of the question now either, I thought I would never see those. But first things first, it's time to go and have some fun.

I will post up pics of roosting dirt and airborne Eggy as soon as I can :) Cheers.

• Like 1

Wonderful mate, now you know how I felt when finished mine. :)

It looks stunning, Tamiyas finest model, everyone should have one! :)

Just finished. Three late nights in a row and she is ready for action.

Eggy001.jpg

Eggy002.jpg

Egress240112004.jpg

Egress240112003.jpg

Egress240112001.jpg

Egress240112007.jpg

Egress240112005.jpg

Well this is easily the top shelf model in my humble gathering. I hope it drives as good as it looks. Thanks to everyone who posted here and thanks to TamiyaEra and WillyChang for parts and decals. Thanks to the Avante 2011 and Vajra I have all of the plastic to rebuild this into a shelf model one day. New original wheels aren't out of the question now either, I thought I would never see those. But first things first, it's time to go and have some fun.

I will post up pics of roosting dirt and airborne Eggy as soon as I can :) Cheers.

Amazing mate,,,,,,,,,,,,Congrats...:)

Sso cool decal just like original,,,,mine still on the way for Avante 2001( huuh )...lool

Thanks guys, glad to be sharing the Egress love :)

A very long time coming but finally I've got some action pics. I had forgotten all about this thread as It was one of my very first. Big thanks to Tipsy for taking these snaps for me and thanks also to TamiyaEra for helping me get this Egress back on the track.

Egress171113Small_zpscdcf1b3d.jpg

Egress1711132Small_zps27fb1ef4.jpg

Egress1711135Small_zpsc9012767.jpg

Egress1711137Small_zpsdcc11bbe.jpg

Egress1711139Small_zps3f54fe77.jpg

Egress17111310Small_zps2c7f5da6.jpg

• Like 4

Great pics. Actually I really like the line up pic the best. It is excellent.

Great pics mate, you did a fine job restoring her.

Where are you based? There is a guy selling a shell near me on eBay that had no bids. I'll ask how much he'll take for it.

Where are you based? There is a guy selling a shell near me on eBay that had no bids. I'll ask how much he'll take for it.

Cheers All. Great to see you back Wez. I'm in Aussie but hey, at least your post got a couple of bids going for the seller. :D That's a good shell for a runner!

So Thommo have you stripped down the Egress yet for the shelf life ?.

I have put mine back too the way it should & have got a 02h motor coming as well .

Star Dish wheels and Top Force tires are a great design where ever you use it. If only these wheels would be black...

Max

Eggy001.jpg