TWINSET

Bruiser Brew - Michael Zhang

Unfortunately, it looks like BruiserBrew/Michael Zhang has conned a few members out of a lot of ££/$$ for 3 speed trucks.

He was a member here before, under a different username -vintageattack- back in 2008 - you can see the lead up and results to that one here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...=zhang&st=0

Shortly after that, he re-registered as RCNUTZ00, but this was also only discovered in the last few days.

From the sounds of it, he's used a sob-story to get buyers to pay by either wire transfer or other 'non-paypal' methods, which means there's no chance of monies ever being retrieved should the need arise.

He's got a photobucket album live at the moment (passed on by one of his victims) so if you seen any of this for sale, it may be worth avoiding that too; http://s934.photobucket.com/home/bruiserbr...;cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

So far, the email addresses we have are;

rcnutz00@gmail.com

bruiserbrew101@gmail.com

His account on the forums is now inaccessible, so don't bother PM'ing him, although his PMs are being checked in case more members have fallen victim and not yet realised.

If any of the guys that have traded with him want to post up more detail, please do so - the more we have the less options he has in future.

If anyone's a member of other forums where this guy might be operating, please let the there admin know.

Please keep any replies to this factual, any 'lynch mob' posts will just be removed.

Just to let you guys know I was ripped off by this guy for a NIB Hilux for 3600.00 US. I am a new member so I looked in suspicious traders and read nothing about this guy so after many questions to him about his credibility(not enough) he got me. I just want to let everybody know he has a good story while stealing your money. I feel like a fool for falling for this POS game but I see I am not buy myself.

I really enjoy this forum and dealing with the TC members. I have bought many items and still looking for many other items to buy but I will be much more carefull in the future.

Thanks to the guys that I have made good deals with here on TC.

Thank you,

Lee/Vintage Nut

The possible issues first came to light last week (his account's been suspended since then) and although he's advertised here a lot, it doesn't look like many people traded;

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...ult_type=topics

One member has said they received the goods they paid for, but they were relatively low value items (compared to a 3SPD) so could well have been sent out in order to get a reference

Just to let you guys know I was ripped off by this guy for a NIB Hilux for 3600.00 US. I am a new member so I looked in suspicious traders and read nothing about this guy so after many questions to him about his credibility(not enough) he got me. I just want to let everybody know he has a good story while stealing your money. I feel like a fool for falling for this POS game but I see I am not buy myself.

I really enjoy this forum and dealing with the TC members. I have bought many items and still looking for many other items to buy but I will be much more carefull in the future.

Thanks to the guys that I have made good deals with here on TC.

Thank you,

Lee/Vintage Nut

Feel gutted for you Lee - hope you and any others get your money back :)

He conned me for $1400 for a part built Bruiser a few weeks ago.

I have been trying to tract down his home address in the states. But so far no joy. I'm asking a debt collector friend about ways to recover the money.

In the meantime, I have found out that he's also a member or a Rolex forum and that he lives in Boston, Massachusetts.

If anyone has an idea of how to locate him, please let me know. I'm more than happy to let a debt collector go round and get all my / our money back and keep my share. Just for the satisfaction of knowing that he's been found out.

Or if anyone lives in the US and has an idea of how to trace him, LMK..

I have his Bank AC details and email / ISP /IP address and various other user names he used in the past.

Im sure we can track him down, if we all work together.

martin

I'm not sure about the ethics or legalities of the situation but if you have his / ISP /IP address, you can contact his ISP to track him down. I'm sure it'll be more involved than just phoning them up and asking, but if the authorities are involved, there should be a way to get that info.

Feel gutted for you Lee - hope you and any others get your money back :)

I just hope when he comes back again as someone else we can together figure him out so he can be stopped again. This makes me sick.

He conned me for $1400 for a part built Bruiser a few weeks ago.

I have been trying to tract down his home address in the states. But so far no joy. I'm asking a debt collector friend about ways to recover the money.

In the meantime, I have found out that he's also a member or a Rolex forum and that he lives in Boston, Massachusetts.

If anyone has an idea of how to locate him, please let me know. I'm more than happy to let a debt collector go round and get all my / our money back and keep my share. Just for the satisfaction of knowing that he's been found out.

Or if anyone lives in the US and has an idea of how to trace him, LMK..

I have his Bank AC details and email / ISP /IP address and various other user names he used in the past.

Im sure we can track him down, if we all work together.

martin

Martin, I hate it for you and after seeing that you were looking for a Bruiser I was about to contact you when he got me but it was too late. I do live in the States and have been told that the law can't do anything because it would be a civil matter. I do have an address and a phone number with his banking info as well but they are all dead ends as far as on the phone. I am about 2000 miles from Boston and thinking of taking a long trip. If it would do any good I would do it but it seems he is a pro and covers all his tracks. Bank Of America will give no information out about a customer no matter the situation. I guess he will get away with it but hopefully this will be the last. These forum jumpers make 100's of thousand dollars a month so with that kind of money it's easy to make changes with location and banking.

I hate to hear about this happening to you but don't feel alone.

Lee/Vintage Nut

Mail fraud is a criminal matter.

Any cop who tells you otherwise is just too lazy to do his job properly.

Thanks Lee for the kind thoughts - very remiss of me not to offer you my condolences too - I was so riled up with writing about the snake! i do hope whatever happens you don't take it to heart - everyone else i have dealt with on here is a gent (or a lady)

I didn't think i would be gullible enough to fall for any story , but sure enough i did!! Lesson learned the hard way, he's made a a mug of everyone.

Still I do believe in karma, so one day he will suffer because of this (sooner , rather than later, i wish!)

If there is anything i can do to help, then let me know..

2000 miles is long way to go Lee, but you have 3600 reasons to do it.

If you do find him, be sure to punch him for me...

Martin

Guest Greg67

I almost fell victim to him in the past. He lives in my state (supposedly), and when I said I would not pay for the Bruiser without seeing it first, mind you he lives within driving distance, he said it wasn;t possible due to him travelling so much. So I said I won;t pay without seeing it first, so it looks like I avoided a scam. I saw him post on the WTB section, and tried to call him out saying that he is not looking to add to hi collection, but rather try to make money off people. I am sorry to hear the bad luck stories guys. I would report him to the cops in Massachusetts, or the better business bureau here. Not like it does much good to be honest though.

The internet is so rampant with people ripping others off, there is too much of it. I have had enough of Ebay myself, and would rather pay a little more from towerhobbies. It just gets worse and worse buying online from my perspective. Enough to keep me away from it. I thought it was funny that this guy lived in my state and yet I couldn;t go to see the Bruiser in person. He also wanted $1400 for it, and said he would cut me a deal for $900. When he asked on here about a blazing blazer, he was probably just trying to get one to use in pictures to rip people off.

He used a different name than Micheal Zhang with me. I've deleted my messages from him last year, so unfortunately I cannot find the name hike used. It might have been mike though, but I don;t remember the Zhang last name.

Sorry to read this guys, hopefully karma comes around on him.

Now, I do want to say, I don;t know if he is a scammer. I do know that I have not received two packages from the UK I ordered over 2 months ago. Both from members here. I am not accusing them at all, I just want to say, USA to UK, or at least UK to USA is ridiculously slow! So if it has been a week, and nothing, don;t feel bad, as I have been waiting over 2 months with nothing yet. I do know when BruiserBrew sent me pictures, he had a few boxed hiluxs in the background. So he clearly has them in person. I want to give him benefit of the doubt, as I am just taking your guys words, but shipping between the USA and UK is super slow since around last of december to curent. I won;t order anyhting out of the UK anymore, as I think the new tax over there is making things jammed. Also with the weather as the seller I bought from mentioned to me. But he sent registered airmail on the 16th of december and here it is nearly 2 months later and nothing. The other package was shipped by sea, and that takes a while anyway.

No other country has been like that. Except the UK the past two months. Asia has been here in two weeks all along, but something funny about the UK recently, and I feel it is the new tax. So if it has been a week or so with nothing, I wouldn;t be worried personally, as I have been sitting for two months with nothing. The stuff I bought is by no means so hight ticket, mines about a $100 total. I can only imagine how you guys feel. Since he has faithfully sold small ticket items in the past to people, and that the big tickket 3spds have been a few weeks in the delivery process, I give him the benefit of the doubt personally. But I feel it is fishy, and I hope that things do work out. Not sure how to end my post, but just want to say that I had contact with him before, and felt there was something odd about it, and that UK to USA is taking ridiculously long in transit.

I understand about the shipping but I am in the US so I know he got my 3600.00. As far as making the trip, it might happen. I am glad you had a question about the guy or he would have added you to his list.

Lee/Vintage Nut

Thanks Lee for the kind thoughts - very remiss of me not to offer you my condolences too - I was so riled up with writing about the snake! i do hope whatever happens you don't take it to heart - everyone else i have dealt with on here is a gent (or a lady)

I didn't think i would be gullible enough to fall for any story , but sure enough i did!! Lesson learned the hard way, he's made a a mug of everyone.

Still I do believe in karma, so one day he will suffer because of this (sooner , rather than later, i wish!)

If there is anything i can do to help, then let me know..

2000 miles is long way to go Lee, but you have 3600 reasons to do it.

If you do find him, be sure to punch him for me...

Martin

Martin,

Don't worry because I will get him for all the cons in the past and the future. I live in Mississippi and here in the south we get even with interest.

Lee/Vintage Nut

Guest Greg67

Hi Lee, I am very sorry to here that. I'm going to go see if I have his emails deleted in my mail box, and if I do, I will PM you any info I have. If you live in the US, then there should be something you can do about it for sure. I would call the better business bureau in Massachusetts, and report it to them. I think they are based in Boston, and that could be a good place to start.

Martin,

Don't worry because I will get him for all the cons in the past and the future. I live in Mississippi and here in the south we get even with interest.

Lee/Vintage Nut

Excellent. I like the "interest" part. Sometimes life needs to teach people a lesson

Hes had 5k out of just us, and you can bet your ******* we're not the only ones

I almost fell victim to him in the past. He lives in my state (supposedly), and when I said I would not pay for the Bruiser without seeing it first, mind you he lives within driving distance, he said it wasn;t possible due to him travelling so much. So I said I won;t pay without seeing it first, so it looks like I avoided a scam. I saw him post on the WTB section, and tried to call him out saying that he is not looking to add to hi collection, but rather try to make money off people. I am sorry to hear the bad luck stories guys. I would report him to the cops in Massachusetts, or the better business bureau here. Not like it does much good to be honest though.

The internet is so rampant with people ripping others off, there is too much of it. I have had enough of Ebay myself, and would rather pay a little more from towerhobbies. It just gets worse and worse buying online from my perspective. Enough to keep me away from it. I thought it was funny that this guy lived in my state and yet I couldn;t go to see the Bruiser in person. He also wanted $1400 for it, and said he would cut me a deal for $900. When he asked on here about a blazing blazer, he was probably just trying to get one to use in pictures to rip people off.

He used a different name than Micheal Zhang with me. I've deleted my messages from him last year, so unfortunately I cannot find the name hike used. It might have been mike though, but I don;t remember the Zhang last name.

Sorry to read this guys, hopefully karma comes around on him.

Now, I do want to say, I don;t know if he is a scammer. I do know that I have not received two packages from the UK I ordered over 2 months ago. Both from members here. I am not accusing them at all, I just want to say, USA to UK, or at least UK to USA is ridiculously slow! So if it has been a week, and nothing, don;t feel bad, as I have been waiting over 2 months with nothing yet. I do know when BruiserBrew sent me pictures, he had a few boxed hiluxs in the background. So he clearly has them in person. I want to give him benefit of the doubt, as I am just taking your guys words, but shipping between the USA and UK is super slow since around last of december to curent. I won;t order anyhting out of the UK anymore, as I think the new tax over there is making things jammed. Also with the weather as the seller I bought from mentioned to me. But he sent registered airmail on the 16th of december and here it is nearly 2 months later and nothing. The other package was shipped by sea, and that takes a while anyway.

No other country has been like that. Except the UK the past two months. Asia has been here in two weeks all along, but something funny about the UK recently, and I feel it is the new tax. So if it has been a week or so with nothing, I wouldn;t be worried personally, as I have been sitting for two months with nothing. The stuff I bought is by no means so hight ticket, mines about a $100 total. I can only imagine how you guys feel. Since he has faithfully sold small ticket items in the past to people, and that the big tickket 3spds have been a few weeks in the delivery process, I give him the benefit of the doubt personally. But I feel it is fishy, and I hope that things do work out. Not sure how to end my post, but just want to say that I had contact with him before, and felt there was something odd about it, and that UK to USA is taking ridiculously long in transit.

You should be able to use the Royal Mail tracking number to trace your packages if the seller sent them recorded overseas, 2 months seems a bit too long, even with the tax hikes here at the minute.

What this guy did is considered to be a federal offense in the States, which the FBI should be involved? Kind of like mail fraud which the local authorities or the FBI should be looking into. There is no point in looking up the guy as he maybe 6'3" 245lbs of solid muscle or has couple of Glocks with several 30 round clips.

The forum should be call Bad Trader or Fraud Trader not suspicious trader based on the rule how this forum can be used.

What this guy did is considered to be a federal offense in the States, which the FBI should be involved? Kind of like mail fraud which the local authorities or the FBI should be looking into. There is no point in looking up the guy as he maybe 6'3" 245lbs of solid muscle or has couple of Glocks with several 30 round clips.

The forum should be call Bad Trader or Fraud Trader not suspicious trader based on the rule how this forum can be used.

Just venting over the lost cash. The local Police would not even fill out a report. I was told that when 2 people make an aggreement to buy and or sale and 1 of the parties do not stand up to the deal it becomes a civil suit. Meaning I would have to go file a civil suit in his home state and from what I have learned was that nothing would ever happen to him. They would attempt 2 times to serve him and if they were not able to find him it would be put in a file just in case of him being arrested for another crime and they may then find it and serve him. I thought the same thing. Federal fraud charges and he would be arrested but so far dead end. No crime has taken place by the laws in the USA and I find that hard to believe but this is what I have been told over and over. Not that I would do this to anyone but it makes it easy to see why we have so many cons in the US if they know they can get away with it. I have bought 9 3 speeds from TC and had nothing but great things to say about those sellers but this makes me very scared to buy from TC because of no recourse if a problem. I was also told by Paypal even if I had paid with Paypal as a gift they could also do nothing because as stated sent as a gift. So keep that in mind when buying and selling from TC. So now when I buy from here I will ask the seller if I can pay with Paypal for merchandise and I will pay the fee that Paypal charges. (Just a word of thought).

I am still looking for a NIB Hilux and Blazing Blazer for my collection and I do have some TC members that can be ask about me. If anyone knows or has either of these kits let mem know. It may take a little longer for me to pay while I overcome the 3600.00 scam from this guy.

Thanks TC Members for your help and Ideas in this matter.

Lee/AKA Vintage Nut

I was also told by Paypal even if I had paid with Paypal as a gift they could also do nothing because as stated sent as a gift. So keep that in mind when buying and selling from TC. So now when I buy from here I will ask the seller if I can pay with Paypal for merchandise and I will pay the fee that Paypal charges. (Just a word of thought).

Requesting payment by Paypal 'gift' is banned on some forums simply because of the chance for scammers to go wild. Paypal gift should only be used if you trust the recipient 100% - if anything goes wrong you have absolutely no protection at all.

For UK-UK payments, the charges for paypal are 3.4% +20p;

£10 = £10.54

£20 = £20.88

£500 = £517.20

Most sellers ask for 'gift' to make sure they get £100 for an item they're selling for £100, so sending them £103.60 means they get £100 and the buyer gets Paypal protection against fraud (the value of that protection is debatable, but there ya go)

Paying by posted cash, un-crossed postal orders, wire transfer or the dreaded western union are all 100% unsafe for people you've no reason to trust, cheques are marginally better in-so-much as they have to be paid into an account, but even then you still have to take legal action to get your funds back.

Guest Greg67
You should be able to use the Royal Mail tracking number to trace your packages if the seller sent them recorded overseas, 2 months seems a bit too long, even with the tax hikes here at the minute.

Well, I know two months is a long time, but I trust the seller, or at least I did. Who knows anymore. He made it clear it was at my risk anyway, so i can't exactly complain about it. The other seller I trust too, although it could be a scam I don;t know about, and have ordered from him a lot in the past. I think since both are out of the UK, and sent the same time, that it's the mail system.

I do want to say, about bruiserbrew, I saw him sell things on ebay before too. So I am not part of the lynch mob against him, as it is one word over the other, and he never ripped me off, just suspicious to me. It's not my place to judge him, as I haven;t seen the actual facts. I know he was a long time member though on here and ebay, so I am not going to judge him on it. I do feel bad if someone was ripped off, as a victim of it myself, it's something I never get over. Unfortunately it happens too much, so I am sticking to reputable businesses only from now on. Wish i followed that from the beginning, but lesson learned. Just too many scams out there, to risk loosing money over what seems like a money saving deal. It's worldwide now, as it used to be isolated to certain areas, but now nowhere is safe.

Towerhobbies mark-ups are worth the zero risk. I'm done with fleabay, paypal, and forum buying. Not to mention small online businesses, as a lot of them are crooks, or have absolutely lousy service. Just have to wait another 30 days to close my ebay account. Too bad there are little to no collectible shows anymore, as ebay replaced them, and ebay/forums are not safe at all, and riddled with fraud. Sad times for collecting.

Well, I know two months is a long time, but I trust the seller, or at least I did. Who knows anymore. He made it clear it was at my risk anyway, so i can't exactly complain about it. The other seller I trust too, although it could be a scam I don;t know about, and have ordered from him a lot in the past. I think since both are out of the UK, and sent the same time, that it's the mail system.

I do want to say, about bruiserbrew, I saw him sell things on ebay before too. So I am not part of the lynch mob against him, as it is one word over the other, and he never ripped me off, just suspicious to me. It's not my place to judge him, as I haven;t seen the actual facts. I know he was a long time member though on here and ebay, so I am not going to judge him on it. I do feel bad if someone was ripped off, as a victim of it myself, it's something I never get over. Unfortunately it happens too much, so I am sticking to reputable businesses only from now on. Wish i followed that from the beginning, but lesson learned. Just too many scams out there, to risk loosing money over what seems like a money saving deal. It's worldwide now, as it used to be isolated to certain areas, but now nowhere is safe.

Towerhobbies mark-ups are worth the zero risk. I'm done with fleabay, paypal, and forum buying. Not to mention small online businesses, as a lot of them are crooks, or have absolutely lousy service. Just have to wait another 30 days to close my ebay account. Too bad there are little to no collectible shows anymore, as ebay replaced them, and ebay/forums are not safe at all, and riddled with fraud. Sad times for collecting.

Greg,

I have all the proof needed to prove he ripped me off of 3600.00 so if you would like to see it, I will send it to you. I did buy a smaller item from him a he did ship the 100.00 order and all that was for was to set me up for the big con. I do live in the states, sent him 3600.00 for a NIB Hilux (3 months ago) and not one word from him since. I don't think shipping is the problem here its Bruiserbrew and you can also check in this forum in 2009 he did the same to many others for NIB kits under a different user name. He would not have been banned from here if we didn't have any proof so I will head up the Lynch Mob against him.

Lee

Guest Greg67

Hi Lee, I'm just trying to stay neutral about it I mean. Not doubting you, but I just don;t want to get too carried away with bashing him on my end, as to me personally he didn;t do anything to me that's all. I feel terrible for what happened, and I think a report to the BBB is a smart idea for a place to start. Not trying to add fuel to your anger about it all. So I am hoping that you get your money back asap, and that no-one else ever gets scammed. I know it is a very sensitive subject, and rightly so, so I'll stop here.

Unfortunately, it looks like BruiserBrew/Michael Zhang has conned a few members out of a lot of ££/$$ for 3 speed trucks.

He's got a photobucket album live at the moment (passed on by one of his victims) so if you seen any of this for sale, it may be worth avoiding that too; http://s934.photobucket.com/home/bruiserbr...;cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

So far, the email addresses we have are;

rcnutz00@gmail.com

bruiserbrew101@gmail.com

Maybe a coincidence but 2 of the 5 items we shipped to him which he tried to paypal fraud claim were 959 wheels/tyres and a Wild Willy wheel/tyre set, both of which are seen in that photo album, again no absolute proof but more than co-incidence?

In January I got a pair of new Blazing Blazer tires with inserts from him - I recognized the bag (with WW wheels) on the pictures at photobucket.

It was a smooth deal. He did not want to be paid with paypal. Therefore I sent him the money in a letter AFTER receiving the tires, because he was so fast in sending them to me (Germany) - that was weird. ^_^

I didn't have any problems with him, so I'm very surprised to read this thread.

I hope you all get your money back!