backtomyroots

Most builds of same model ?

Offroad:

3x DF01 Blazing Star NIB (built a 4th from parts)

3x DF03 Dark Impact NIB (one was the DF03MS)

2x DT02 Sand Viper NIB (one was the DT02MS)

2x TL01B Baja Champ NIB

2x HPI Cyber 10B NIB (to replace the DF03s)

Onroad:

4x TA02 NIB (one was the TA02RS + NIB FRP chassis)

2x TA03F NIB (love this chassis)

2x M04 NIB

Other chassis I've only built one example of.

For Tamiya:

2x Buggy Champ, one being the Exclusive edition, both NIB

2x DB01, Baldre and Durga

Do we count the Hornet/Grasshopper and Frog/Brat pairs?

For Associated:

4x TC4

2x B4

I probably have enough parts to build another Frog and TC4, and in my collecting of parts cars for my Hotshot, I have everything I need to put together a Hotshot2 (with a vintage Hotshot front/top deck.)

Except for the vintage stuff the multiple models are to run in different classes.

5 x Wild Dagger (1 x 14.4V, 2 x RWD brushless, 1 x short TL01 arms, 1 stock)

2 x Buggy Champ

2 x M05

I've asselmbled 5 or 6 rere Frogs from kit, I've actually lost count as I have turned them all over except for one of them, many of them I bashed to death!!!

James

I lost count on Dyna Storms :) I know I own two that are currently assembled (shelfer+runner), a Nimrod Racing one currently in it's rebuild and a complete Dyna that I disassembled for spare parts (as it uses less space that way). Then I have a huge amount of spare parts, of which I estimate I can build one complete Dyna Storm, and two almost complete ones :ph34r:

It is the model of which I have by far the most cars, parts and upgrade parts that weren't originally for the car (or even available back in 1992).

As for other cars ow which I have/had two or more:

I had two M-02 chassis in the past (and a half-complete one in spares), and now own a fourth one that's on the shelf and the rest has mostly been sold.

I owned two TL-01s in the past, one is my first RC car which I still have - the other is a TL-01 that my uncle gave me (because he didn't drive it anymore). This one was cut up for a project - quite a pity afterwards that I did that. Ah well... was fun anyway :)

I've also owned two TB-01s, of which one is also sold now.

3 AX10s, 2 Clods, 2 TL01s, 2 King Blackfoots

None of these cars are all completely original :)

3 x Nissan R91Cp - if I could afford more I'd build more :)

3 x Ferrari F60

Probably 7 or 8 vehicles with Hornet/Hopper gearboxes, 4 (I think) TL01s, 3 XCs, and 3 or 4 Associated 10Ls or 12Ls.

Clods. I have built more Clods than I can remember - at least 10 over the years - probably more. :angry:

Next would be SRB's. I have built 5 true SRB's - 2 SS's, 2 RR/BC's and 1 XLT. If you count the SC as an SRB add another 2.......

:angry: I've done at least 15 Clods and 8 TLTs

Around 9 SRB and variants (RR/SS/FR/SC)

5 Axial AX10 donors

After that, it's probably TB01s and M Chassis then 1s and 2s of various chassis, although never owned a TL01 or TT01 that I can remember

Never thought I have had that many kit's as most folk I have come across here on TC, but this post has made me realise that maybe I have still had a few!

I do not have an extensive collection and thus experienced a great variety of tamiyas finest and now I think maybe I am just simply a creature of habit!

2x hornets (original)

6x M01/M02 (all in differing guises)

3x TL01 (2xTL-01 / 1xTL-01b)

2x Wild One

3x Thundershot (1x Thunderdragon)

I only have or have had 4 others a VLB, a Celica Gr.B, a TA01 Lancia & an lotus 79... ( I have had more M01's that these put together!)

Need to branch out a little, me thinks :angry:

Interesting post.

2 Wild Willy 1s

3 Blackfoot/Monster Beetles

2 Hot Shots (love that build)

2 Clod Buster/Bullhead

7 Lunch Boxes

4 SRBs

Not sure why so many Lunchies. It was my first Tamiya. I swear they follow me home like puppy dogs and then they're so cute I just have to keep 'em. I always ask my lady "aw, can I keep him, please can I keep him?". She always gives in. I wish it was that easy with my full size cars. :)

9 or 10 Clodbusters & Bullheads (mostly for other people)

6 Manta Ray/Dirt Thrasher

2 FF01

2 SRB

2 CC01

Everything else is singles, can't get away with duplicates these days!!

I always end up doing multiples of each chassis. I can't seem to stop myself! :lol:

My Multiple Build habit:

7 x TA04 Chassis' (in its various different versions)

2 x ORV Chassis' (with one more ORV project to begin)

3 x SRB Chassis' (with another SRB project waiting in the wings)

5 x TL01 Chassis' (none of which were originally built for me)

3 x Striker Chassis (not including replacing the broken chassis' over the years)

My exceptions to this habit so far are:

DF03 - I built one for a friend but didn't end up getting one for myself.

M06Pro - It came out recently and I haven't managed to start building my first one yet.

M04 - I've only built one so far, I bought one already built which I've since sold, and I've got 2 more in NIB trees waiting to be built.

TA05 - Bought one already built, took it apart, rebuilt it and gave it away... before buying it back a couple of years later.

RC Boys chassis - Built one and bought one already built.

King Cab/Hilux Monster Racer chassis - Owned 3 over the years but haven't built a single one of them! :lol:

F201 - Only ever had 1 and it was built when I bought it.

Avante 2011 - Only because it's only just come out and my first has been in my posession for less than a week! :D

So my basic rule is that I can build as many as I like, for as many projects as I can find/think of, but buying them after they've been built or building them for someone else kinda stops them from becoming part of the habit. ^_^ NIB kits are merely habits in bud form, waiting to reach their time of full bloom! :lol:

7 New Built Top Force Evolution (from new parts)

2 New Built 58072 Avante (from new parts)

3 restored 58072 Avante

11 Optima Mids (1 new built from kit, 2 new built from parts and 8 restored)

16 Optima/Turbo Optima/Salute/Optima Pro/Javelins (all same chassis and all restored)

Other than that its all been singles.