fritjofarnold

Fox drive shafts

Hi

Just recently I bought a Fox with some unusual drive shafts. They are in one piece quite similar the Hotshot driveshaft, but the gearbox end fits exactly inside the gear. The cup end is similar the Frog, with regular drive cups. Does anybody know if this was a hopup or are parts used from another car, or what have you? Any help much appreciated. Have a good weekend!

Cheers

Fritjofarnold

The 2nd Fox I bought has these too. Normal dogbone type driveshafts. The wheel axle has a larger than normal nut with a different thread to normal on it I noticed too.

No idea who made it, but they do wear less than the regular Fox driveshafts.

do these parts look recent &/or of "Tamiya" quality?

in the past when Frog was current there would be aftermarket ppl offering dogbone replacements for the hexbones

when Tamiya re-re'd the Frog they also gave us CVDs ... which should be adaptable to some other old cars too

They do look quite old. Don't look like they are made by Tamiya either.

They are the same style as the ones I have, but mine are black like hardened steel. All three parts, outdrives, dogbones and axles are black. They work great in my Mamba 4600Kv runner Fox and there's no visible signs of wearing. I keep the factory driveshafts new on the lightly run boxart shelfer.

I have a Fox runner and I will swap the drive shafts with these since they seem to have lesser wear. Thank you for your advice!

Cheers

I believe the silver ones were made by Thorp Dirt Burners. I have the Thorps on my Fox and that picture looks like the ones I have. I wonder if the black ones are old MIP's.......