Sign in to follow this  
bad andy

chassis suggestions for this sweetness...

Can you guys suggest a chassis for this beautiful creature?... http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=7214

I'm not as much a road guy so I'm not so familiar with the offerings. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is "mini" sized, so I need a 210 wheelbase chassis? I know it fits HPI cup racer, but I figure it will fit a bunch of the Tamiya mini chassis' too? Trouble is there are so many - Care to shed any light anyone? Thinking perhaps a 'bay purchase can snag something inexpensive - not looking to build a crazy performer, mostly a pretty shelf queen.

Thanks

BA

HPI Cup Racer chassis (4WD) would suit that body... http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/100594/

You could possibly mount it on the HPI Switch Chassis (FWD), Tamiya M05 chassis (FWD) or Tamiya M06 Chassis (RWD)..

Cheers

I'd say the Switch would be the best bet since it'd be the cheapest option with the most display adjustability (track width etc). The Cup Racer costs way too much not to run.

I'd say the Switch would be the best bet since it'd be the cheapest option with the most display adjustability (track width etc). The Cup Racer costs way too much not to run.

A front-wheel drive Stratos! Sacrilege!

It does fit the Cup Racer well, there is one running at my local club and it is a fantastic shell. I don't know how well it fits on a RWD Tamiya mini chassis (M-04, M-06) but that is what I would be looking at for a "scale" driving effect. It looks like it would need HPI's offset wheels for the right look also. ABC do a very nice RWD chassis called the "Goose" that might be worth looking at also.

If you want it to be RWD, you could buy the Cup Racer Chassis, and then leave the front dogbones etc out, and leave it RWD only..

Refit the Front bones, and some PVC tyres, and then you could go drifting..

The only thing wrong with the Cupracer is that the bodies they come with look really good, so I would want to use / show it off with the body it came with... ^_^

I'm on a total Cup Racer body/ Tamiya Chassis kick right now...

I have 2 of these bodies on order, but I dont' see how they will mount properly to an M06 due to the very low nose on this body. I can tell you the HPI Porsche RSR body *Barely* fits the nose on the M06. But it does fit. This Lancia body appears to have an even lower nose, so that rules out M03, M04, M05, M06 or anything with stand up front shocks.

I will give it a shot though! Prob resort to a RWD Cup Racer chassis.

You "might" be able to modify a Tamtech GT01 chassis to fit, but not likely.

I should get mine in the mail this weekend, and can cut up a body and see if it fits the M06. Would look PHAT with that motor hanging out under the butt of the Lancia though!

Cheers,

Skottoman

It has to be a RWD chassis. A FWD Stratos is a sin. 4WD one would be good but not a good a a RWD. I would put a M06 chassis with a 8.5T Brushless setup under it.

It has to be a RWD chassis. A FWD Stratos is a sin. 4WD one would be good but not a good a a RWD. I would put a M06 chassis with a 8.5T Brushless setup under it.

Looks highly unlikely that an M06 will fit under the front of this body with the stand up shocks, unless you want the body lifted way up in the air.

I will find out possibly this weekend it the body set arrives!

Great looking body set though!

Cheers,

Skottoman

It's already been proven that the Stratos shell won't fit on an M06 cleanly, see Terry.sc's post in this thread

The M06 front end barely clears the 911 RSR shell, there's no way it will squeeze under the Stratos :o

It's already been proven that the Stratos shell won't fit on an M06 cleanly, see Terry.sc's post in this thread

The M06 front end barely clears the 911 RSR shell, there's no way it will squeeze under the Stratos :o

Looks like I'll be pulling a NIB Cup Racer chassis from my collection to build up for this body. Will most likely do it in RWD form, as I already have a 4WD running Cup Racer chassis.

Gonna be sweet though!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Looks like I'll be pulling a NIB Cup Racer chassis from my collection to build up for this body. Will most likely do it in RWD form, as I already have a 4WD running Cup Racer chassis.

Gonna be sweet though!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Sounds like there's not really a viable solution outside the Cup Racer chassis. I do already have one in the stockroom but that I intend to use for the beauteous Datsun shell. It will be some time before I fget to this project though so I'll nab the body then worry about the rest later. I do have a Tamtech Gt01 I could play with as well... only time will tell :o

Your Datsun shell *will* fit on an M06, so all is not lost, you just need a strategic rethink :o

Right.. good approach. However I should clarify I have the Datsun 240z cup racer, would that fit an M05 or M06?

Right.. good approach. However I should clarify I have the Datsun 240z cup racer, would that fit an M05 or M06?

RC-Mini.net say it will if you build it 225mm wheelbase; M06 First Look

Please don't put it on an M05, a fwd Z would be a travesty :o