Sign in to follow this  
commiedoor

aussie muscule car bodies ( just for the aussie boys ! )

i notice a bit of interest bout my holden vk body , so i did a quick search andfound a few more on eblah .. it would be nice to have one of each but i havnt won the lottery yet .. in no particular order ..i found

32f0_1.jpg

a holden fx ute ( a 48-215 to call it its proper model name )

bb66_1.jpg

a holden fj ute

284c_1.jpg

a holden hk monaro

ee8c_12.jpg

a holden hg monaro

8cdc_12.jpg

a lc xu-1 torana

99f3_1.jpg

a holden HQ sandman panel van

Bu8ogmkKGrHqEOKj8EvV51BFGeBMCjeCk4O_12.jpg

a holden commodore vz

KGrHqQOKkQE097I1w0BNZJo3O4Mg_12.jpg

a holden commodore ve

4860_1.jpg

a valiant charger

e912_12.jpg

a ford xy gtho

ed60_1.jpg

a ford xb coup

BYRRSQBmkKGrHgoOKjcEjlLmPeBKgp2Ih9w_12.jpg

a ford xc coup police interceptor ''mad max '' style

e57b_1.jpg

and finaly a mini cooper s

Oh Yeah!!!!

Love the Mad Max one.... Last of the V8 interceptors

All we need now for that mad max one is a couple of scantily leather clad bikies, and some modified off roaders, one fuel tanker, and we might have the makings of a pretty good movie!! :)

GV Model Engines have both Commodore and Falcon sedan and ute. Or they did last time I looked. I almost bought one of the GV Falcons until I seen the wear on a Commodore version after only a few runs (a mate bought the Ambrose Falcon when I passed on it). I bought a HPI RS4 Evo3 with Mustang and Ford-GT bodies instead.

I've seen Colin's Classics on ebay before. Thought they looked a bit 'odd' so didn't bother.

the gv models bodies are good but you can only get them if you but the complete car .. ever now and then you might see an ford au in craig lowness colours , like the better electrical car or the catterpilla sponsored car . i have a rwd car in the vt commodore in the mobil colours , carnt for the life of my remember who made it , its coped a frogging and is still ok and a spare body vt i bougth in case the mobil body dies .

i bought a monaro coupe 4 bodied model engines in 4wd , the body died horribly after a meeting with a drain inlet ! it now has a 49 merc lead sled body on it and its too has coped a flogging , with no great damage

the au ford and the vz utes are good looking too but hard to find .

I'm seriously considering this:

CDPuvQmkKGrHqUOKnEz5KniWbBNN4T8J8fg_12.jpg

I have a 1/10 2wd chassis that had a VT HRT Supercar body on it originally (I think it was Awesome R/C brand), it is 200mm wide, just hope the wheelbase lines up, then to track down some suitable mag wheels for it, not sure I'd find some nice Globe Bathurst in 1/10 scale :)

A set of Globes would look sweet as on that one Kym.

I spied that Torrie on eBay myself last night.

What sort of chassis would be suitable?

A set of Globes would look sweet as on that one Kym.

I spied that Torrie on eBay myself last night.

What sort of chassis would be suitable?

Just been searching for wheels that may suit, about the best I can find are all black

I guess any 1/10 chassis, probably like a TT-01 maybe? A guy from here (Cairns) has a belt drive Tamiya chassis for $20, didn't really look at it too well, but had a heap of spares aswell, maybe some kind of drifter.

Just been searching for wheels that may suit, about the best I can find are all black

I guess any 1/10 chassis, probably like a TT-01 maybe? A guy from here (Cairns) has a belt drive Tamiya chassis for $20, didn't really look at it too well, but had a heap of spares aswell, maybe some kind of drifter.

My head is still spinning from looking at wheels for my Falcon. (Tamiya, not Ford :) )

Is that chassis and parts for sale, or is that what he paid?

If it's for sale, I'm interested! :D

My head is still spinning from looking at wheels for my Falcon. (Tamiya, not Ford :) )

Is that chassis and parts for sale, or is that what he paid?

If it's for sale, I'm interested! :D

For sale B)

i had a quick look on ebay .usa .i found a dead set copy but unfortunalty there are tamtec , which is 1/14 scale , i believe..

BsYk4qQBWkKGrHqIOKjgEvMk6nBUBL3ntow4ZQ_12.jpg

then i found these . withthe centres painted silver ?? looks ok

C1y8EWkKGrHqRlgEz58bTv2BNEchnWQ_12.jpg

if that tt01 is still up for grabs let me know ..

i had a quick look on ebay .usa .i found a dead set copy but unfortunalty there are tamtec , which is 1/14 scale , i believe..

BsYk4qQBWkKGrHqIOKjgEvMk6nBUBL3ntow4ZQ_12.jpg

then i found these . withthe centres painted silver ?? looks ok

C1y8EWkKGrHqRlgEz58bTv2BNEchnWQ_12.jpg

if that tt01 is still up for grabs let me know ..

They look awesome, are the white ones still 1/14 or 1/10, will check them out. **EDIT** Just checked them out at RCMart, Awesome, perfect, look pretty close to "Bathursts" Thanks for that :)

As far as the chassis goes, Falcon#5 get s first dibs as he responded first, I'll let you know if he doesn't want it

BTW, I'm not sure what chassis it is as it is belt drive, the TT01 is shaft am I right?

Brynn, you got PM

They look awesome, are the white ones still 1/14 or 1/10, will check them out.

As far as the chassis goes, Falcon#5 get s first dibs as he responded first, I'll let you know if he doesn't want it

BTW, I'm not sure what chassis it is as it is belt drive, the TT01 is shaft am I right?

Brynn, you got PM

Thanks Kym, got your PM.

I have sent a reply.

Does anyone know what size the 1/14th wheels are?

GO THE SANDMAN!!!

:)B) B) B)

That's the one I'd be racing if I was back! Some tastefully applied bikini chick stickers and that would be rocking :D:P

The white 1:10 5 spoke 2 piece Tamiya wheels also come in 30mm wide with large offset which makes it easier to fill those 200mm gaurds.

I have the same 30mm wide wheels, with centres painted gold, on a TA02 F-150 Truck and on my CC01 Pajero.

img20319_04122009143440_7.jpg

Thanks Kym, got your PM.

I have sent a reply.

Does anyone know what size the 1/14th wheels are?

the tamtech rims are 42 in dia and 25 wide , i think they are hex drive but not sure have not had any thing to do with tamtech cars.. the white rims are 1/10

the tamtech rims are 42 in dia and 25 wide , i think they are hex drive but not sure have not had any thing to do with tamtech cars.. the white rims are 1/10

They might be scale correct seeing the Torrie had 13" rims.

Tyre choice might be limited though. :)