Sign in to follow this  
ryanb741

Where to race Tamiyas in London?

I'm looking for somewhere in London (preferably in West London)to allow by beauties to stretch their legs and get some exercise. My wife won't let me trash 'her' tourer so I have my buggies and a Wild Dagger to bash around. Does anyone know where I can go for this - preferably where other like-minded Tamiya owners come out to play!

Best regards

Ryan

Although I don't live in the area, I occasionally stop at a little track in Tolworth (Turn South off the A3, under the railway, then left at Traffic lights into a little sports area) They have a smallish touring car track that is used for racing every other weekend, but during the week it is fine to use the track. - I know its on road only, but its great for getting that racing parctice in!

That sounds great for me too. Is that track open at night? Do you need to pay/register or can you just turn up and drive?

Thanks

I've never been but someone told me about this place in west london

"West London Racing Centre ( or WLRC as most people know it) would be an ideal venue for a meeting. It is in the south, obviously, but has excellent road links, being just off the M40 and M25 motorways."

http://www.wlrc.co.uk/

We are considering it for a future Tamiyaclub Drive event. Apparently there is even a disused off road circuit there...

quote:Originally posted by njmlondon

That sounds great for me too. Is that track open at night? Do you need to pay/register or can you just turn up and drive?

Thanks

id="quote">id="quote">

What I did was to go down to Mick Charles Models (Further towards Epsom on the same road) where they have a notice board, I then went to see one of the race days and asked the members a few questions.

They said its fine for me to come down and practice as long as I use electric cars only, the track is generally free in the evenings and weekends but as I said every other weekend there is a club race (I think its on Sundays)

There is also a all-weather pitch right next to the track, so I imagine the track will be fairly well lighted at night. I will try to find a map to the track and post it in my showroom!

OK, Can't find a map, so here's a link to their website (Navigation buttons are very small in the top banner - if you can't see them, make your browser window taller!

http://www.trccc.com/