shaggy

2010 holiday buggy..

now that my bruiser re build( money pit ) is just about done i want a new project.. well one off me mates said it as a joke but me nooo. i had to.

new build 2010 holiday buggy. 3 racing alloy shocks. front and rear shock towers and full bearings. and the sting in the tail.. lol. traxxas vxl velineon brushless moter and esc. with a 18 tooth pinion. if it breaks it breaks. ohh well..

5653596b.jpg

cdc32cc2.jpg

Should be quite perky !

Will look great with those hop-ups :unsure:

How did you fit a 18 tooth pinion in there? There's only holes for a 17 tooth or a 19 tooth when using a 540 sized motor.

How did you fit a 18 tooth pinion in there? There's only holes for a 17 tooth or a 19 tooth.

i just put the motor in without the plastinc 380 motor off set plastic and sheer luck the only spare pinion i had was a 18 tooth..

25bed8dc.jpg

18t pinion, hmmm... I'd look for a 17t or 19t. It doesn't take much play to accelerate the wear. In the picture it doesn't look too bad, but there is a bigger gap than in my 17t and 19t set ups.

doies the new HB come with a diff in the gbox.... or is it direct drive ??

It has a bevel gear diff. The HB2010 is a DT02. Cheap version of the Sand Viper/Desert Gator, but with 380 motor, plastic driveshafts, and pogo-stick suspension. There is even a hopup ball diff available (standard in the DT02MS).

i just put the motor in without the plastinc 380 motor off set plastic and sheer luck the only spare pinion i had was a 18 tooth..

25bed8dc.jpg

Can I ask why the spur gear still has a plastic bush in it. Toss it and get some bearings.

Can I ask why the spur gear still has a plastic bush in it. Toss it and get some bearings.

it was the 1st pic after fitting the motor and pinion. its now got full bearings fitted and the rear 3 racing shock mounts. i will the front shocks and tower tommow nite.

fred dibnah would be ashamed of this one...

esc is in but because of the size of the esc it wont fit in the tub and i dont know if it will stay in as with the motor. so i didnt want to cut the chassis just in case.. it was a mare to try and fit it anywhere and to keep the drive/interior

f5749e87.jpg

im well chuffed with it.. the only thing broke was a to spot light. no crunchs from gearbox or owt..

not the best vid but mr monkey will will have a better one some time.

th_85ba600d.jpg

Just wondering... How can you steer it with the front wheels constantly in the air?! B)

What brushless system is this?? Number of turns???

Thanks for the info. I contemplating brushless system for mine.

my h/b 2010 has only had 3 runs. 1st two were on grass and today on tarmac. look at the tyres. thats after 2 battery runs and a burn out.

the body has snapped at the A post total split at the rear body mounts and the front wing was hanging off and now cable tied to hold it.

great great little buggy

cfbf4088.jpg

Yep, this is the way I want to go with mine too (got a spare LRP set up that I used to have in my X6 when I was racing) but will any steel pinion 17 & 19 tooth pinion fit? Don't really want to use a stock Tamiya alloy one if I can help it, they seem to wilt quickly when used with anything other than a stock silvercan.

but will any steel pinion 17 & 19 tooth pinion fit?

The kit pinion is 0.8 module size teeth. 32dp steel 17 tooth or 19 tooth pinions will work fine. Just be sure to get the ones with a 3.2mm bore and not the 5mm bore ones (unless your motor shaft is the larger 5mm).

The kit pinion is 0.8 module size teeth. 32dp steel 17 tooth or 19 tooth pinions will work fine. Just be sure to get the ones with a 3.2mm bore and not the 5mm bore ones (unless your motor shaft is the larger 5mm).

Thanks.

Sorry to dig up this old thread but where did you get the traxxas system?? I can't find one anywhere!!