Sign in to follow this  
HomerJHandley

Novak Smart Tray battery balancer 12v source?

Hi All, recently won this on the bay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...T#ht_500wt_1156 , however it needs a 12v source, now apart from a car battery, is there anything else that could power this?

rather than needing to dig out the 12v convertor used for camping and buy a ciggie lighter/wire to wire it up??

ta

also any tips on how to use this?

:(

Found an old psu from something, 12v, right polarity.

the discharger says 0.2A and this gives out 0.5, but all works and turns on.

just need to charge batteries up as the discharger didnt appear to work, but i did run the cells twice so maybe they are quite low, will need to see and have a play to see.

Appears to have taken offence with one set of batteries, smoke, red hot contacts and smoke..

splitting the pack seems to have worked, individually they are all ok, so rich, can i borrow your saddle pack gizmo and offer some pennies if you have any connectors to rebuild the pack to something better than it was...

grrr

The smoke is very special and part of the smart tray experience.

It's even more special when someone else sees it making it while you are using it :P

They all do that, the cells have to be in a partic order. You may find those cells are infact more powerful now. Its called dead shorting I believe.

I was told the cells will only work once after but I have cells that lived many more years even after the impressive fireworks :P

Mind what the tray sits on when you are using it, it can get quite warm underneath and may melt soft plastics etc.

Appears to have taken offence with one set of batteries, smoke, red hot contacts and smoke..

splitting the pack seems to have worked, individually they are all ok, so rich, can i borrow your saddle pack gizmo and offer some pennies if you have any connectors to rebuild the pack to something better than it was...

grrr

Yeh no problems chap, but im not going to be at racing next week. If you need packs soldering up no problems and no cost.