Sign in to follow this  
TamiyaVancouver

Tamiya Fire Dragon Re-Re

Anyone know any online retailers that have one for sale? I missed out on one a few weeks back and really want to get one....

Thanks,

Mark

I think I picked up two of the very last kits that a couple of them had... I think you've missed out.

- James

EBAY is your friend.

No it's ain't. As of right this moment there are no Fire Dragon kits listed on ebay.

I was looking for a Fire Dragon kit last week and they have become scarce. Stella, RC Mart, Rc Champ, Fusion, Modelsport, Modellbau Seidel and Gold Star Stockists are all out of stock.

JR-RC did have one listed on his eBay store for a long time at a very reasonable price but it sold. I emailed him to ask if he has another as he tends to list duplicate kits one at a time, relisting when one is sold but didn't get a reply.

I eventually found one at, of all places, Amazon.co.uk. I have just had a quick look and there is one left listed on Amazon.com but other than that they really have become hard to find. Fire Dragon on Amazon

Olly

EBAY is your friend.

Like Olly said below, Ebay is not my friend. There hasn't been one for weeks and all the model shops that sell on ebay (RC Mart, etc) haven't had any on their web stores for a while either.

Mark

Banzai took my money for 2 kits then promptly did nothing ,I contacted them and asked for the ems tracking number next thing I get a refund for 1 kit and now I am fighting for my money for the second kit ,Lucky I paid with my credit card on the 2nd kit I will put in a chargeback and they are not answering emails .

It was only after this that they took them off their website.

Looks like its time to put the boxing gloves back on again I don't mind going a few rounds with a wayneker...meh

**** swarm, not good to here, I just ordered 3 kits (boomer, VLB, GH) from banzai after seeing the link in this post, prices were good, atleast they've shipped already including EMS tracking, so hopefully no issues for me. Hope you get it sorted

Banzai took my money for 2 kits then promptly did nothing ,I contacted them and asked for the ems tracking number next thing I get a refund for 1 kit and now I am fighting for my money for the second kit ,Lucky I paid with my credit card on the 2nd kit I will put in a chargeback and they are not answering emails .

Looks like its time to put the boxing gloves back on again I don't mind going a few rounds with a wayneker...meh

Maybe they only had one is stock??

It would seem I have had some bad luck with online sellers Rosey ,Whats the saying I must have killed a chinaman ...in my case I perhaps wiped out a village no pun intended with current events

No Nige I got a notification that I would be getting 2x refunds but they only coughed up a refund for 1 in the email notification they told me they were sold out long ago but had not updated their website which is frustrating in itself .

Its really starting to turn me off buying from abroad ..but I really don't have a choice unless I want to get ripped off from out local importer Toy Traders so I guess I will just ride it out .

I have only really been collecting since 2008 and playing the percentage game it really isn't too bad .

Sorry to hear Swarm.

I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Must be a real kick in the guts to find the kits you have been after for so long,

then find out you can't have them and only get refunded for one.

Has anyone else had any problems with Banzai?

Also does anyone know how long thier Tamiya sale goes for?

if you want .theres an oringinal fire dagon on aus ebay at the moment looking to go real cheap ..

if you want .theres an oringinal fire dagon on aus ebay at the moment looking to go real cheap ..

Thanks .

But its NIB or nothing :blink:

I have been after a couple of these kits for a while ,but my way of thinking is if they are hard to get now they will only be harder to get in the future .

So I guess being discontinued does have somewhat of an effect ,they tend to get pushed to the top of the list as some other kits are still easily obtainable on my list.

But my list never seems to decrease so over time the easy obtainable kits today are the hard to source kits tomorrow ,its a juggling act but still very enjoyable .

Swarm,

Did you ever get your money back?

**** swarm, not good to here, I just ordered 3 kits (boomer, VLB, GH) from banzai after seeing the link in this post, prices were good, atleast they've shipped already including EMS tracking, so hopefully no issues for me. Hope you get it sorted

mtbky01,

Did you ever receive the kits you ordered?

Thanks .

But its NIB or nothing :)

I may have a line on a couple of NIB kits that my dad may be picking up in Phoenix for me. Apparently the shop my dad called said they had two in stock. He is returning from 6 months in the US late next week. If there is an extra and you are still interested, let me know. Otherwise if there is an extra, it will go on ebay. I won't know for certain until he returns though as he is driving back with limited internet/cell phone access.

Mark

I may have a line on a couple of NIB kits that my dad may be picking up in Phoenix for me. Apparently the shop my dad called said they had two in stock. He is returning from 6 months in the US late next week. If there is an extra and you are still interested, let me know. Otherwise if there is an extra, it will go on ebay. I won't know for certain until he returns though as he is driving back with limited internet/cell phone access.

Mark

PM sent :lol:

mtbkym01,

Did you ever receive the kits you ordered?

Mark

Yeah mine arrived without a problem and in good nick