mccoy

Tamtech GB01 optional wheels\tires

hi all, lm on the hunt for some optional wheels and tires for my tamtech GB01 fox. lm driving mainly on roads. any ideas would be much appreciated.

thanks

Just got myself a Tamtech Frog and have been looking for the same thing.

Apparently Buggy Champ rear tyres are good (if you can find them!)

I managed to snag myself a set of the 3Racing adaptors that let you run normal 12mm hex wheels - therefore allowing any M-chassis wheel and tyre combo to be used (similar size to Tamtech rear wheels). Only downside is you need the 3Racing universals to go with them - and all 3Racing Tamtech stuff appears to be discontinued :D

I also heard that you can use the GT-01 D-parts to run normal wheels - not sure if this is true or not though.

Good review here... http://www.modrc.com/cars/gb02/

Hope this helps!

There are quite a few different styles of wheels/tires for the tamtech buggies.

- The Wild Boar pin rear tires have tons of grip and are larger, the fronts are very 'asphalt' oriented.

- The stock frog/hornet tamtech tires are good for the street once the pins have worn off. Lighter too.

- The tamtech buggy champ wheels are nice and grippy for the rear as well.

Do some searching on tamiyausa for tamtech tires and you'll see there are quite a number of options.

Best thing to do is keep things light.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Hey Guys. I have a like new set (4) of the spiked tires with wheels that were taken off a GB-01 Hotshot. Also have all the factory painted body parts. I believe these are a direct fit for all the GB series TamTech cars. Interested? PM me.......

You can buy very inexpensive but quite good adapters and run M-chassis wheels and tires - no other mods required. The handling is greatly improved on road and the tires last for ages. You can see pictures in this old thread: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...&hl=tamtech

Buggy Champ tires work a treat too - good grip and they last a long time.

I run a set of soft m chassis wheels and tyres on my GT-01 Porsche, the grip is awesome compared to the kit tyres. Good job really with it running a 5200kv motor on a 3s lipo.

Just been looking at brushless options for my GB-01 - I will only be running 2S lipo - is the 5200kv plenty fast enough? Wheelie potential on the throttle do you think? Or do I need 6000 or even 7000kv??!

Got the Graupner Speed 300 upgrade in it and its still too lame for me...

If sticking to a 2s lipo, I would go for a 7800kv. The 5200kv would probably give wheelie potential etc but the extra power of the 7800 would I think be worthwhile.

7800kv system ordered - I can always soften the throttle on my 2.4Ghz radio

I run a 7000kv Reedy brushless system in my GB01, but no wheelies.

Probably because I'm running old 1500mah nimh's...

Cheers,

Skottoman

7800kv system ordered - I can always soften the throttle on my 2.4Ghz radio

If you have ordered the Ezrun system, the mini set up should come with the program card. Start power and motor timing can be controlled from the card.

Have you got a decent set of alloy or steel pinions for your Tamtech as well?

the ezrun 7800 system is awesome and a bargin for great speed too. i have it in my gb01 fox. but it is shreeding tires like no tomorrow. thats why the post is here. option wheels and tires would be great if you could find them. with the 7800kv motor it will pop wheelies if the timing is right on the trigger but most of the time it will wheel spin at any given moment. wider on the rear is a must have with this power, but its finding it thats the trouble.

.......using a 3s and 2s lipos......

If you have ordered the Ezrun system, the mini set up should come with the program card. Start power and motor timing can be controlled from the card.

Have you got a decent set of alloy or steel pinions for your Tamtech as well?

I already have a 4300kv eZrun in my TA03F so I am familiar with them - steel pinions and oil shocks have been ordered! :)

the ezrun 7800 system is awesome and a bargin for great speed too. i have it in my gb01 fox. but it is shreeding tires like no tomorrow. thats why the post is here. option wheels and tires would be great if you could find them. with the 7800kv motor it will pop wheelies if the timing is right on the trigger but most of the time it will wheel spin at any given moment. wider on the rear is a must have with this power, but its finding it thats the trouble.

.......using a 3s and 2s lipos......

I have the first half of the 3Racing adaptors in my possession - just waiting for the universals to arrive. Then I will be using M-chassis rear wheels for on-road and not really sure what to do for off-road.

I already have a 4300kv eZrun in my TA03F so I am familiar with them - steel pinions and oil shocks have been ordered! :)

I have the first half of the 3Racing adaptors in my possession - just waiting for the universals to arrive. Then I will be using M-chassis rear wheels for on-road and not really sure what to do for off-road.

where did you get the adaptors and universals from?

where did you get the adaptors and universals from?

Nightmare to track down as it appears that 3Racing have discontinued them :)

I got the adaptors from here:

http://www.rcmodelimports.co.uk/com/produc...roducts_id=2223

and the universals from here:

http://www.tamiya-asia.com

which appears to be down at the moment!

Took some Google detective work though - most places are sold out :) Cant find anywhere that has the alloy steering upgrade in stock either :D