Sign in to follow this  
Wrecked

Dumpster find (58001)

This was found in a dumpster, and handed over to the finders friend, who know it was rare. I just bought it from him, and are looking to complete it.

Im not quite sure whats missing, and where to find the parts, so any help is apreciated.

I know the driver is missing, and have found a replacement, but regarding the rest, Im pretty clueless :(

Thanks in advance!

post-18233-1300475022_thumb.jpg

post-18233-1300475028_thumb.jpg

post-18233-1300475035_thumb.jpg

Great find!

Download one of the manuals for the 58001 kit and do a part inventory. I did this for the 58008 kit my kids found at the rubbish tip and the only part missing was one mirror.

Great find! A quick look at the photos shows you have a very complete car. Can't tell if all the glass is there. I only see 1 rear bumper pad and the 2 front inner air scoops missing. Minor parts that can be sourced from a static display kit.

Great find! A quick look at the photos shows you have a very complete car. Can't tell if all the glass is there. I only see 1 rear bumper pad and the 2 front inner air scoops missing. Minor parts that can be sourced from a static display kit.

All glass is there. Does it miss a wiper?

Are parts from the static display kit available anywhere? Do they match 100%?

Holy Moly some people are lucky! I can't believe people chuck things like this away without even seeing if it's worth something...

Great find!

i hate you i hate you i hate you !!! all i manage to find/get given is total trash .. its a near complete car ! .. :blink:

MSC is an alien unit; have u got the wires to hold body on?

Small bits off the body can be supplied from the Black TTG shell; driver sprue from TTG also.

Dont be mad at me, I didnt find it. I had to pay good money for it LOL.

MSC is an alien unit; have u got the wires to hold body on?

Small bits off the body can be supplied from the Black TTG shell; driver sprue from TTG also.

Yeah, got the wires that secures the body.

A black TTG shell? What does that mean?

Thanks

Jimmy, i think TTG means "TamTech Gear", :blink: Oh, and i have a NIB first issue static 934 in the loft, by the way, :blink:

Cheers..

Michael

Jimmy, i think TTG means "TamTech Gear", :blink: Oh, and i have a NIB first issue static 934 in the loft, by the way, :blink:

Cheers..

Michael

Hi :-)

Ahhh right, a TamTech is 1/12 scale. Amazing they share parts with a 1976 model. However, there's not much help on ebay in a search for a black shell...

Regarding the static kit, then I think its a shame to break one up for a few small parts like this :-)

Static kit can provide missing body panels in white, but some of the other bits are RC specific.

Black TTG = #84057 the Black Porsche shell on TTG chassis issued in 2009

Well bud, I know you got all the body parts and stickers you need for this now. :) And just in case you need the color description. Its PS-54 cobalt green for the body and TS-34 camel yellow for the front air dam. The PS colors are made for lexan bodies but the only difference is the flex agent that they add to the paint so it doesn't chip off a flexible lexan body. It will work just fine on the styrene body. And make sure to get two cans of the green, if your painting the inside of the body too. I can't wait to see your car with its new body. Its gonna be so sweet. I wonder which one of us will finish first? :blink:

Well bud, I know you got all the body parts and stickers you need for this now. :blink: And just in case you need the color description. Its PS-54 cobalt green for the body and TS-34 camel yellow for the front air dam. The PS colors are made for lexan bodies but the only difference is the flex agent that they add to the paint so it doesn't chip off a flexible lexan body. It will work just fine on the styrene body. And make sure to get two cans of the green, if your painting the inside of the body too. I can't wait to see your car with its new body. Its gonna be so sweet. I wonder which one of us will finish first? :o

Great info. Thanks :)

What about primer? Do you think Tamiya fine primer will work with PS paint?

P.S. I believe you will finish first. Not having much Tamiya-time these days.

Your car obviously, but I would just polish the green plastic, proves it is an original, once painted it could have been a much later rere. Nice find though!