<_< i had to google that and burst out laughing in the middle of a quiet office, thanks!

<_< i had to google that and burst out laughing in the middle of a quiet office, thanks!

Mission accomplished! B)

Paypal will take the funds but only when the seller proves he sent the item back to you (AT HIS cost) will they give him the money!

Well, as both a buyer and a seller on Ebay for more than 10 years I have had mixed experiences. As a seller no problems whatsoever, although on half.com (now owned by ebay) I had a buyer claim she never received the item but never asked me for a refund and left me negative feedback which remains my only blemish to date. My guess is that she received it eventually because it was sent media mail but left the feedback hastily. AS a buyer I have had mostly good experiences with a few bumps. One guy I bought a hotshot II from did not accurately list the car and it arrived in much worse condition than I had expected. I filed a claim with paypal and it was found in my favor. Although in the end it cost me $50 for shipping. The second bad experience I had happened recently when I bought a used lens that was definitely not listed accurately. This time I filed the claim with ebay instead of paypal. ebay found in his favor and so I had to eat it. In fact they took 2 weeks to come to a conclusion the 1st time and when I appealed, took another week to say exactly the same thing. I was pretty angry about the whole thing because the seller deliberately unloaded junk on an unwitting buyer and claimed to know nothing abut the issue in our correspondence prior to the auction closing. Yet later when I worte to complain, it was clear that he knew about the issue prior to listing it. Ebay obviously didn't review the case that carefully. By the time ebay had taken their sweet time with the case, it was too late to file a claim with my credit card, which is what I should have done in the 1st place. Live and learn I guess.

Heres a new one - how about shafting yourself on ebay?

Think I've just done just that!!!

I sold some RC and train stuff yesterday and posted it all today. I charged a few quid too much on the postage of one item which sold for £106 with £10 postage. It was £6.50 to post so went to paypal to refund a few quid back. Somehow - I thought I'd done it properly - I've managed to refund the ENTIRE amount back :( I've already posted the item so now I have no item and no money.

I've emailed the buyer and asked if they will pay me £100 back. I can't dispute it as it's my mistake, I can't leave negative feedback because you can't anymore. I'm pretty much stuffed if the guy doesn't re-send the money.

I even put a little bag of Haribos into each package as a little thankyou :)

I fail

Edit - thank heaven for honourable people! The buyer is happy to re-send the dosh. Lesson learned there.

There are ways to avoid paypal taking money out of your account when they like. Its taken me 7 years to work it out though. But it is possible and stops scumbags ripping you off! I sold a TA01 to a woman who wanted it for her son. All went well and she even left a message saying how delighted she was and that her son was over the moon and used it daily and left positive feedback. I had forgotten all about it till 39 days later when she filed a claim saying it wasn't as described and was broken. I asked for pics and sure enough it was wrecked. I tried to argue that it was due to her son using it for 38.5 days and running it into the ground which is what any blind person could see had happened but she won and paypal refunded her. She sent it back only fit for the bin with a note that said "your screwed ha ha" I was foaming but nothing I could do. Thats when I started looking in to ways to stop paypal just taking money out when they liked! If you search Google I'm sure you'll find the info as I cant post it on here for certain reasons but its worth doing.

I sold some RC and train stuff yesterday and posted it all today. I charged a few quid too much on the postage of one item which sold for £106 with £10 postage. It was £6.50 to post so went to paypal to refund a few quid back. Somehow - I thought I'd done it properly - I've managed to refund the ENTIRE amount back :lol: I've already posted the item so now I have no item and no money.

I've emailed the buyer and asked if they will pay me £100 back. I can't dispute it as it's my mistake, I can't leave negative feedback because you can't anymore. I'm pretty much stuffed if the guy doesn't re-send the money.

I even put a little bag of Haribos into each package as a little thankyou :lol:

I fail

Edit - thank heaven for honourable people! The buyer is happy to re-send the dosh. Lesson learned there.

Yes i did that myself twice in the past few years, fortunately one of the guys immediately sent the money back, but the other scumbag ( A TC member no less!) refused to, so I blocked him from buying, he even has the cheek to ask me to remove the blocks as he "Wants to buy items", you can guess where i told him to go!.

anyone who adds Haribos into boxes deserves their payment ie. Fusion Hobbies!

I sold some RC and train stuff yesterday and posted it all today. I charged a few quid too much on the postage of one item which sold for £106 with £10 postage. It was £6.50 to post so went to paypal to refund a few quid back. Somehow - I thought I'd done it properly - I've managed to refund the ENTIRE amount back :) I've already posted the item so now I have no item and no money.

I even put a little bag of Haribos into each package as a little thankyou :lol:

I fail

Phew, glad it had a happy ending. :D