Sign in to follow this  
NYC RISING

F1 Question

Hey all,

I have 2 older Tamiya F1's, one is a Road Wizard and the other a F102. I was just curious if anyone has successfully used bodies on them other than an F1 body. For instance has anyone ever gotten a tt01 body to fit? (obviously removing the front and rear wings) Just curious.

Thanks

Lou

Since the F102's wheelbase is 26 cm, you can use any 200mm wide touring car body on it with some custom body mounts.

The TT01 body will be too narrow, so the wheel arches will hit the tires.

Don't know what size the Road Wizard is, so can't advise on that.

in the old days , we used to put nascar bodies on them are run them on a velodrome which was 400m in diameter and were we stood was bout 200m to the other side . it was an easy mount ..

I was thinking about one of these on my old F102 runner http://www.kamtec.co.uk/index.php?page=sho...t&Itemid=53

Loads cheaper than the F1 body sets but will it fit ok?

The wheels will sit 1 cm inwards, since it's 220 mm wide instead of 200 mm. Bodies 200-205 mm wide will look good, any narrower and the wheels will stick out, any wider and the wheels will sit inwards.

Also, a nitro body might give too much rear downforce for the front tires to handle and you might go straight in the turns...

i found a pic of my F1/nascar with a parma monticarlo body and fitted with penzoil decals .. the body was the right size and only had to make up mounts .. with a stock 540 can and big gearing , it was clocked by a police radar gun at 87kph ... using just a 7.2v 2200mah battery

f1nascar.jpg

and heres the rest of the cars we ran .. all tamiya F1 chassis's except for the green merc .and the F-40.

f1nascar2.jpg

these pics are about 15-20 years old !