Sign in to follow this  
tintop

DB01 wheels onto Top Force/Terra Conqueror/ Blazing Star

Hey guys I'm wanting to head to the track again with one of my DF01s.

I don't really want to run my mint Terra Conqueror, or my newly finished original Top Force resto so was thinking of picking up a cheap Blazing Star.

Can you fit the DB01 dish wheels in place of the star wheels? I know the 2.2 tyres fit onto the star dish wheels as I used to run another older Terra Conqueror at the track, they just balloon a tad. However this time the racing has got a bit more serious and I'm not just carving up DF03s and the odd DB01, there are a few more modern machines going around our track.

_MG_4426Medium.jpg

DB01 wheel won't fit without major modifications, and if you did those modifications I don't think your car would be the right width any more.

The DF-03 wheels should fit if you want to run more modern tyres.

DB01's are not a straight fit, DF03's however are. DF03's are also suitable for the usual modern 2.2 inch tires - that's probably the reason why you'd want modern wheels on it? :P - Anyway, I think the differences between the DB01 and DF03 wheels will probably be experienced in terms of durability. The DB01's wheels have more and deeper ribs on the inside to keep the wheel from getting out of balance from a crash. The DF03's have way less and shallower ribs, but the wheels work really good actually.

For the rears you may also have another alternative: Losi 22 rear wheels. They don't use a pin anymore, they stepped back to a hex fitting, possible reasons could be that a hex fitting is less prone to fitting wrong that a pin adapter and it can cope with the brushless power better.

You can also get hop-up orange DF03 wheels to make it look a bit more like an original Terra Conqueror... :P

You can also get hop-up orange DF03 wheels to make it look a bit more like an original Terra Conqueror... :D

Are these still available? Anyone got a link as I'm after a set.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry411175

Photo111.jpg

This was just posted in another topic. HPI Brama 10B wheels.

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=100622

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=100623

The Brama 10B has a 12mm hex fitting. The HPI tires of course fit these wheels, but according to HPI the usual 2.2inch tire should fit on them as well B)