Reminder: Fee update coming April 19

Dear 442xcar:

Just a reminder that starting April 19, Standard Auction-style fees will be changing and you'll be able to list FREE at any start price--up to 50 items a month. Plus, you can add the Buy It Now option FREE to grab those buyers who don't want to wait for your listing to end. In short, you can list even your higher priced items free and pay only if they sell.

Also, to encourage low-cost shipping, Final Value Fees for all sellers will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping.

To get the lowest overall fees, just keep your shipping costs low and consider offering free shipping.

Let's get this into focus..... Ebay will charge a final value fee on the total sale (including shipping), in order to keep shipping costs down. It is past April Fool's day.

I can see why they've implemented this - there are so many 'fee avoidance' listings that it's the only way to stop it (from their point of view)

If you know ebay are going to charge a percentage of the post as a final fee, incorporate extra for the postage in the opening price.

Either this will put a lot of potential sellers off, or drive the prices up so ebay then becomes too expensive to buy from - Indeed, looking for DVDs the other day, Play and Amazon both offer many recent films cheaper than ebay does, so they're losing that market already.

I've a load of CDs on eBay at the moment and I simply start all my auctions now at a price that easily covers my costs (should the item sell) so anything on top is a bonus - the forthcoming savings in listings fees easily make up for 10% charge on £1 shipping and I usually only re-list them on free days anyway.

Usual pointless rantish ending (someone had to :lol:) ; ebay have the monopoly - whilst people continue to advertise, and others continue to buy, they are only going to keep milking the cash-cow blah blah very boring blah

Try other local auction sites, see how much you sell there, I've never had much luck on any sites other than ebay

New slogan time

"Ebay price hikes, some day's you'd swear we were selling petrol!"

Oh yay, low cost shipping, hear that Hong Kong? Let's maximise economy shipping from hong kong, I love waiting 4 weeks for stuff!

What's the difference? $2 item, $15 shipping, it still gets sent by boat.

Ordered some Lipo's from HK, supposed to be sent standard airmail, it has taken the seller 9 days from payment to dispatch, you know it's coming economy

[rant} :angry:

Ordered some Lipo's from HK, supposed to be sent standard airmail, it has taken the seller 9 days from payment to dispatch, you know it's coming economy

Li-Po can't be sent airmail. It's 'on the list'. I know I've gotten them quickly via airmail in the past, but I know they've cracked down on it a lot since then. Last two I bought from Hong Kong took weeks to arrive via surface mail. The rest had all been airmail before that.

i hate selling on eBay, i've been selling two iPhones this week and i'm never doing it again.

i hate selling on eBay, i've been selling two iPhones this week and i'm never doing it again.

I said I'd never sell on ebay again, but there is so little choice if you want a big audience to see what you're selling.

Got my avante and a brand new blackberry on ebay now, if I get one more stupid offer for either I might scream!!!

Li-Po can't be sent airmail. It's 'on the list'. I know I've gotten them quickly via airmail in the past, but I know they've cracked down on it a lot since then. Last two I bought from Hong Kong took weeks to arrive via surface mail. The rest had all been airmail before that.

Yeah I knew there was some sort of precautionary procedure with this being a volatile product, didn't know they couldn't be sent airmail (got my last 5 lipo's locally), Still I wonder why the auction said 'standard airmail' and it took the seller 9 days to post it? Was hoping to have them by this weekend :D

I haven't sold a thing on Ebay yet, bought heaps though. I'm too scared, too many horror stories of dishonest people. I would never rip somebody off, but I've heard lots of times of sellers getting the wool pulled over their eyes and we all know Ebay is a buyers market.

i refused to accept Paypal after the guy asked me to send an iPhone 4 to a different name and address in London so he's had to pay cash into my bank account in person at the branch.

never again will i sell on eBay, i'd rather take a small loss than run the risk of losing an item and the cash for it.