Sign in to follow this  
mtbkym01

Dyna Storm Re-re

Anyone know when this kit was re-released, also does anyone know why Tamiya gave it a model number 49190, when it appears all or most other re-re's are in the 58000's :lol:

Anyone know when this kit was re-released, also does anyone know why Tamiya gave it a model number 49190, when it appears all or most other re-re's are in the 58000's :)

The Dyna Storm re-release was considered a limited re-release by Tamiya apparently, hence the number 49 instead of 58 in the front :P

As for the release, I also wonder when it was. The decal set has a 2001 copyright, so it was in or after 2001, that's for sure. I thought it was re-released in 2004 or 2005 :lol:?

The Dyna Storm re-release was considered a limited re-release by Tamiya apparently, hence the number 49 instead of 58 in the front :)

As for the release, I also wonder when it was. The decal set has a 2001 copyright, so it was in or after 2001, that's for sure. I thought it was re-released in 2004 or 2005 :lol:?

According to the Tamiya Website for the re-release it came out in October 2001 (2001 10 ).

According to the Tamiya Website for the re-release it came out in October 2001 (2001年10月).

Bingo. Was in shops in 2002 and 2003.

Good time!

Well in that case... 10 years layer, bring it on! Second re-re of the Dyna Storm? :lol::D I mean, they didn't need more time than that to make it's first re-release :P

I'm surprised to see it though, I really thought it was later - but then of course, I only properly got into RC a few years back... ;)

Incidentally, I will have one of my DS shelf queens up on the trade/sale section, with pics, soon. Just a heads up. :D