qatmix

TA06 announced

It seems that there is going to be a replacement for the TA06 coming soon. Looks like the Lovechild of a ta05 and a Ff03. I've got some pics on my blog if anyone cares.

Ta06 pics

Personally I am divided as the ta05 is mighty and efficient, and this looks quite over engineered but if it achieves the desired result of great central balance it could be very good indeed.

That can't be real. It's obviously chopped from various current models.. At least I hope it's not real. Looks like a huge step back from the ta05v2.

That can't be real. It's obviously chopped from various current models.. At least I hope it's not real. Looks like a huge step back from the ta05v2.

Yeah, I know what you mean... Someone Would have gone to a lot of effort to fake it with both pictures though, and my source was spot on

With the FF03, VDF and TRF417

:lol:

You know what. That chassis layout doesn't look too bad. Ta05 is a hard act to follow.

It is real. Looks over engineered to me. Then again, I am not an engineer. I will be stocking up on my TA05 parts however as I do not see this working well. It's the details you can't see that break it for me.

I believe it's a genuine new model. Look at the pic from Tamiyablog which has the model number 58492.

TA06 pro

if u ignore the beltdrive... doesn't that remind ye of a 'GT' version of F201?

Why do the front shocks look like they're missing lower spring perches (in the picture: to the front of the spring)?

probably black plastic, atop very very long bottom ballcups

at least they look more like TRF shocks, not the blue clearbody CVAs as in the M05PRO

if u ignore the beltdrive... doesn't that remind ye of a 'GT' version of F201?

The front shock layout yes but the rest, no. The F201 had the battery across the chassis with the motor running length ways and the TA06 had the motor running across the chassis and the battery length ways.

I like the look of the motor layout and the attempt to balance the chassis. I'm not sure about the front shock layout. The only reason I can think of for Tamiya doing this is the ability to fit GT sports sedan style bodies to this chassis. If it was for performance I think we would see this feature on TRF cars.

Looks a lot like the FF03 tub (though it doesn't seem to be exactly an FF03 tub) with the same gearbox, but fitted inboard on the rear of the car. I think it's a very interesting release, as they released the TA05v2 just recently, and it seemed like some pretty decent and extensive modding that's been done to the previous TA05 line cars.

I see why some people consider it overengineered. It is indeed strange to see a seperate gearbox on the back, and two belts for just the drive on the front. However, if Tamiya did their homework properly, the efficiency of the drivetrain may be better than you'd expect on first sight.

To me though, Tamiya's intentions seem pretty clear: They tried to centre the heaviest components as much as possible - which is a great idea... If this doesn't lead to too many compromises. I hope they'll release some new pictures soon! :lol:

PS: I thought about it a bit, and this may be a good move: Nowadays, the cars are often driven with hot motors, so going quick is not as much an issue anymore, whereas balance is starting to play a bigger role with the bigger speeds involved with the hot motors. Daring design if this one's real (seems real enough, and not like someone's custom machine).