Sign in to follow this  
MiniManiac

Hex Bits!!

[:(][:(][:(]

I bought some new wheels for my manta ray and one of the black hex bits that connects to the wheel was stuck in the old wheel. On removal the entire thing shattered (must have been due to excessive use[;)])[:(]! where can i get some more, what are they called?

Can i get them from www.modelsport.co.uk

Cheers boys....and gals[;)]

Get aluminium upgade ones. U get a pack of 4 Tamiya Aluminium wheel adaptor for about £6, part no is 53056. Also included is the small pins too.

Thanx

Jimbo

:)

quote:Originally posted by Jimmy_GT-R

Get aluminium upgade ones. U get a pack of 4 Tamiya Aluminium wheel adaptor for about £6, part no is 53056. Also included is the small pins too.

Thanx

Jimbo

id="quote">id="quote">

Tamiya "53056 Pin Type Wheel Adapter" are made of a zinc alloy, not aluminium, and are thus quite heavy. They are very durable, but if you can get "49120 Ligthweight Aluminum Wheel Hub" you will get the best of both worlds, "plastic" light and "metal" durable!

(The 49000-series hop-up parts are not available in all countries)

TGM01 Mad Bison B-parts (# 0005757) are TL01 B-parts with better quality grey plastic (fibre filled) and four hex hubs are included. Never had any problems with shattering of these, and I use them on many different models.

TGX A-parts (# 50606) are made of similar fibre filled plastic, but are dark grey (also available in black), and you will need two sets to get four hex hubs, and is therefore a more expensive option.

Ah but here in the UK those special lightweight hex hubs are almost £15 for 4, thats crazy money, HPi do lightweight purple aluminium clamp hubs for £8. Also 50801 TG10 Front Wheel hub, comes with 2 hex adaptors and only two other small parts so thats about the cheapest u can get for the part u want. Costs about £3.50.

Thanx

Jimbo

Yep they sure will, part no and description are as follows......

72036 - Aluminium Hex Hub Clamp Type

Call up some hobby shops and they should have them. They act like normal hex hubs, but they have a small grub screw that tightens onto the axle shaft so that the hex doesn't come off at all unless u unscrew the small grub screw. This saves the hex hubs getting stuck in the wheels.

Thanx

Jimbo