TamiyaDan

Tamiya FAV re-release announced!(unsure)

Could they actually have the cheek to make it an army green Holiday Buggy bodyshelled DT02 with camouflage decals on top? I wouldn't be surprised. :D

Holiday buggy with a machine gun, mmmm..........interesting idea :)

A DT02 Fast Attack would be such a disappointment!

Admittedly the DT02 is a sound chassis that can take a fair bit of punishment. However, 4 wheel double wishbone != 4 wheel trailing link suspension. It's the realistic suspension that gives the FAV it's character and without it, it's just another 'toy' basher and not a 'scale model' as it should be. Even on a SRB chassis I would not like this model. The FAV and Wild One are the 2 models that actually have as close to scale VW rear suspension as it gets from Tamiya.

Another release to ignore I fear.

Re-release Tamiya... Not rehash!!!

A DT02 Fast Attack would be such a disappointment!

Admittedly the DT02 is a sound chassis that can take a fair bit of punishment. However, 4 wheel double wishbone != 4 wheel trailing link suspension. It's the realistic suspension that gives the FAV it's character and without it, it's just another 'toy' basher and not a 'scale model' as it should be. Even on a SRB chassis I would not like this model. The FAV and Wild One are the 2 models that actually have as close to scale VW rear suspension as it gets from Tamiya.

Another release to ignore I fear.

Re-release Tamiya... Not rehash!!!

Agreed. It's early days considering we don't know anything yet but this one sounds like they are truly having a laugh......

Agreed. It's early days considering we don't know anything yet but this one sounds like they are truly having a laugh......

I don't know if it is dt02 I was just told it's meant to be an update

Just one thing to bear in mind, that the name "Attack Buggy" doesn't automatically mean it's going to be a DT02 rehash does it?

After all the Holiday Buggy has the same name, but different chassis

The Buggy Champ has a different name, but a largely faithful reproduction of the original chassis.

I think "wait n see" is the best thing we can do at the moment.

What I don't understand is why Tamiya doesn't release pictures at the same time they make an announcement like this, especially if the release is targeted for July? It would certainly cut down on the rumors and panic, although maybe that's what they want! :)

I don't mind a re-release as long as they fix that darn gearbox, update the shocks (and NOT like they "updated" the SRB shocks) and strengthen the chassis. I actually run my cars, sometimes hard, and appreciate durability.

Steve

For heaven's sake... The Sand Blitzer! :) Now that was frustrating!

Let's hope the Attack Buggy to be something nicer than that.

By the way, how have you been Alistair.

Cheers

I've been heavy into video gaming over the last year or so Erich, but I still have the strong RC interest and I'm currently clear coating a set of re-re SRB gearcases to be able to risk running a custom 'Scorcher at the sea side.

Nice to hear from you.

I bought the Top Force re-release straight away and the Frog re-re as well without hesitation, and I will be buying the Brat and the Buggy Champ when I can afford them, since they are quite close to the originals, but once Tamiya start taking too many liberties with the original it looses it's character and nullifies my interest in it and I move on to buy something else. I do wish Kyosho would re-release something vintage buggy related also, it would be about time if they do.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Hooray for the FAV! ....well AB?

or is it a Holiday buggy 2010 (olive drab)?

i really hope not

perhaps it will work out like the Tamtech gear chassis?

GB01 double wishbone etc...

GB02 trailing arm for the little buggy champ

perhaps so far the DT02 has had its double wishbone all round,now with the Attack Buggy? it may get a similar GB02 trailing arm set up?

possibly a plastic shell resembling the FAV....possibly a Holiday Buggy ,cowboy hat swapped for helmet and machine gun?

may come complete with fine sand paper to reproduce a matt finish on the rubbery shell?

what am i saying???? i hope it is a FAV not a GI Joe remake of Broke Back Mountain :)

Why would they call it the "Attack Buggy" and not just it's original name?

A. It isn't fast.

B. They thought "Arrgghh, not another ruddy DT02 vehicle" might turn off some buyers, plus it doesn't roll off the tongue that well....

C. The test group for the "attack buggy" prototype, well ... did.

D. Mr. Tamiya is inscrutable.

E. It doesn't even bear a slight resemblance to the FAV, but its fun to mess with TC'ers by making us think it might do.

F. All of the above.

:)

Why would they call it the "Attack Buggy" and not just it's original name?

Perhaps it'll have a 380 motor and so they've dropped "Fast" from the name so as not to get sued under a descriptions act. Shame really as I think it'd be fun to go into a hobby shop and ask for one of "them new FAB cars".

A more serious thought - could it be a DN01? I don't really know what Tamiya's plans for DN01 chassis are but I assumed it was to replace the ageing DT02.

Theibault said:
But I want a Wild One! LOL

Throw away the gun, get different shocks (and the longer damper mounts for the front), paint it black and put some 2.2 wheels on it ? :)

I agree, I also prefer to see the Wild One, but if the re-release is 'original-compatible,' a Wild One conversion shouldn't be THAT hard, right? :) There are probably a few more small different parts, but with a creative community out here I doubt it will be long before a converted FAV appears :o That is of course, IF the Attack Vehicle will be a 'proper' re-release.

Olly_Lunchbox said:
Perhaps it'll have a 380 motor and so they've dropped "Fast" from the name so as not to get sued under a descriptions act. Shame really as I think it'd be fun to go into a hobby shop and ask for one of "them new FAB cars".

A more serious thought - could it be a DN01? I don't really know what Tamiya's plans for DN01 chassis are but I assumed it was to replace the ageing DT02.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame the names are changed... but then again, don't look at the box, arrange the 'original' (repro) decals - which are available of pretty much every 'edited' re-release - and don't look back to your re-re's name :P

The DN-01 is theoreticly possible, but how much would they have to edit to the body to make it fit to start with, and how convincing are those modern shapes of the shock towers and the tub with a vintage body? Sure, they crossed the line before with the 2010 HB, and with the Zahhak, but surely after these two releases, they will satisfy the market for something more scale than that? :o

A. It isn't fast.

B. They thought "Arrgghh, not another ruddy DT02 vehicle" might turn off some buyers, plus it doesn't roll off the tongue that well....

C. The test group for the "attack buggy" prototype, well ... did.

D. Mr. Tamiya is inscrutable.

E. It doesn't even bear a slight resemblance to the FAV, but its fun to mess with TC'ers by making us think it might do.

F. All of the above.

:o

:o I like your way of thinking.

Let's face it guys, the name change is the big giveaway....this thing is going to have virtually nothing in common with the original FAV. It might not even be a military vehicle. :)

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If the 'Attack Buggy' is an exact re-re it'll please some while others will complain about fragility. If it's an updated version, there will be complaints about lack of originality, incompatible parts etc. Even if it's a great-looking, scale buggy on a durable modern chassis (though 'scale' and 'modern' don't seem to go together!!) it still won't please everyone. Though hopefully they've learned from the Horror-day Buggy...

I'm going to wait until there are some photos available and then see if I like it for what it is.

cheers,

Rob

EDIT: I've just re-read this post and it sounds awfully grown up, think I need to lie down!!

:o I like your way of thinking.

Let's face it guys, the name change is the big giveaway....this thing is going to have virtually nothing in common with the original FAV. It might not even be a military vehicle. :)

It will likely be bright pink, with metallic green and blue spots all over it, extremely non-efficient triple shock front and rear suspension (you know, like on those Hotshots with the Supershot shock conversion and the original shocks still mounted to them), a 'machine gun' ressembling 1990s Super Soakers that actually fires water painted bright orange to comply with toy weapon laws, a Michelin Man figure in skimpy overalls at the wheel, sitting on unglued tires and powered by a 3.5 turn brushless coupled with some puny NiMH batteries (or the optional rocket drive, which includes wings and drives vertically).

Full Name: Heart Attack Vehicle, aka "HAV". Slogan: "HAV, you got it yet?!?" :o

I'm hoping for an original FAV followed by the Wild One. That being said this is a picture of one of the best DT-02's ive seen.

getuserimageasp-1.jpg

Add a couple of machine guns and it's not hard to imagine this as a modern equivalent of the FAV..

Let's face it guys, the name change is the big giveaway

I disagree. The Rough Rider re-re was called the Buggy Champ, and it's fairly faithful to the original. The Holiday Buggy kept it's name, and wasn't. So the logic doesn't follow that a different name = cheap knock off rehash that's nothing like the original

I disagree. The Rough Rider re-re was called the Buggy Champ, and it's fairly faithful to the original. The Holiday Buggy kept it's name, and wasn't. So the logic doesn't follow that a different name = cheap knock off rehash that's nothing like the original

Google "Rough Rider" and see who owns the trademark. :o Can't imagine why Tamiya dropped the original name :)

We won't know until it is released, or we get some sneak preview of the release. The Stadium Blitzer 2010 is a faithful re-release and carries the same naming convention as the Holiday Buggy 2010 which is in no way a re-release (or anything close to it).

We won't know until it is released, or we get some sneak preview of the release. The Stadium Blitzer 2010 is a faithful re-release and carries the same naming convention as the Holiday Buggy 2010 which is in no way a re-release (or anything close to it).

But your logic makes all speculation pointless - we may as well turn the internet off :)

Some say the roll cage will be cast from pasta in an attempt to make it more environmentally friendly

Old news perhaps, but on the Tamiya japan site it is listed as "1/10 R/C Fast Attack Vehicle (2011)" and not Attack buggy.

Old news perhaps, but on the Tamiya japan site it is listed as "1/10 R/C Fast Attack Vehicle (2011)" and not Attack buggy.

The previous 'news' (from Tamiyablog) list had it down as the Attack Buggy 2011

Here's the Tamiya Japan list you mention :)

As Mark's already pointed out though, the name doesn't give anything away as to whether it'll be a faithful rere or modern 'tribute' goes

FAV.jpg

But your logic makes all speculation pointless - we may as well turn the internet off :)

Some say the roll cage will be cast from pasta in an attempt to make it more environmentally friendly

Andy,

I had heard that the front bonnet will be made from lasagne verdi sheet.

I had heard that the front bonnet will be made from lasagne verdi sheet.

You might want to check your sauces on that one :)

Sauces - geddit? I crack me up