europro975

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!!!! READ expensive, start saving.

More news soon!

Antony

Ooooohhh... let the speculation begin! :blink:

If it's expensive, maybe an original 3-speed? Perhaps even the Super Duper Clod - although the replacement for the Super Clod I can't see being that different; at least not different enough to warrant costing that much more than the old one.

Blazing Blazer perhaps? Maybe even a Super Champ, just to break the "two model per chassis re-re" rule and get Rosey to eat his wardrobe :lol:

To my mind this can only mean one of two:

or

Blazing Blazer / Orig Hilux

It's cool having people in the know on TC to tempt us with early news to speculate on! :lol::blink:

I would be very happy if it was one of the following; Bruiser, Blazing Blazer, Orig Hilux, Super Champ, 959 or Monster Beetle........or wait for it.........Porsche 934 with original metal spec....

model 500 eh?...its got to be...HAS to be....the ROOKIE RABBIT...forged in the Earth's core from pure Unobtainium and powered by 6.6v of concentrated hope and joy.

model 500 eh?...its got to be...HAS to be....the ROOKIE RABBIT...forged in the Earth's core from pure Unobtainium and powered by 6.6v of concentrated hope and joy.

:blink:

Or maybe an original TT-01 re-release, with all the bling like bushings and pogo sticks and everything...?

Bruiser or Egress or Top Force Evolution :blink:

Trying to think of expensive

Hmm, something even more expensive than the Avante (which has already significantly dented my bank balance)? My guess is Egress, although I'd love a TF Evo even more. :blink:

I'll just hope that it's a re-re Blazing Blazer. Anything else would be a no buy for me. It would have a nice spot between the Clods on my shelf.

Kit 58500 - Tamiya owners can choose a model currently in production for free? :blink: Now that would be huge - and probably mean their last ever release too :lol:

Anyway, I'm now getting very curious... A re-release...Many big ones have already been done... So it's pointing towards the original 3 speeds a bit if I hear about how keen people are to get this re-released - I'm guessing Bruiser or Mountaineer.

I think other contenders may be: Sand Rover, F150 XLT, Super Champ, Wild Willy Mk.I, The Fox, 959/Gr.B Celica, Monster Beetle, Blackfoot, Wild One, Clod (it's literally HUGE :lol:), Egress, (Super) Astute and TF/Evo...

Of course they could do something radically different as well... Something that purists won't like, but some certainly will: One of the iconic releases in their history, completely converted beneith the skin to a full on racing spec... Kind of like what they did with the Avante re-re, but much, much further! Or other radical stuff of course :P

I probably missed one or two, but I think the best chances are within the first 100-110 releases on the 58... lineup (and especially the 3-speeds seem to stand a good chance) - I think the offroaders from Tamiya are more iconic, so a re-release of those would seem more likely to me. I hope it's announced soon, I can't wait!

other than 58100... the other subsequent centuries weren't all that spectacular, were they...?

other than 58100... the other subsequent centuries weren't all that spectacular, were they...?

Well tamiya makes its best line-up of cars ever nowadays, much more so that the first 100.

Personally I would rather it have been something new.. or at least as mentioned above something that has been re-engineered to be modern and cool.

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!!!! READ expensive, start saving.

More news soon!

Antony

Will it be unveiled at the 50th Shizuoka Hobby Show or will we have to wait until the next model show?

With the FAV re-release being no. 58496, not long to wait either way..... ah you said huge so I think it'll be the Mammoth Dump Truck http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=273 :blink:

If it's going to be 'huge' (I'm reading monumental) and expensive, then I'm assuming it's gotta be either one of the four metal 3 speeds (or one of them with 4 bodyshells and extra wheels in the box :blink: ) a big rig or a tank.

959 doesn't strike me as a particularly 'expensive' kit in comparison with the Avante, but I guess 'expensive' is an unknown at the minute...

I think it'll be the Clod Buster with full Chevrolet Official Licencing and Endorsement... and a new Brushless dual motor ESC combo.

Egress, Egress, Egress :blink:

Can't see it and I'll be miffed if it affects 2nd hand prices having just bought one and probably another soon too.

Huge and expensive? A 1/8 brushless Egress :lol:

A tank? Flakpanzer would be very cool and very expensive. Built a smaller one as a kid.

Isn't there some issue with the 959 - something about licensing? I would think if they re-re something based on real life they would have license fees to pay?

Never been that "into" the old 3 speeder things but I remember the HiLux being in one of the Tamiya catalogues in the 80s and liking the engineering gone into it. Not sure I'd bother to buy one if its north of £500.

Sonic Fighter would be highly amusing. Chrome Fire Dragon? :lol:

Optima Mid ? :P

As TWINSET mentioned I also believe the 959 isn't so expensive to produce, not more than an AVANTE say, so it's got to be an original 3 Speeder isn't it?

Antony, can you tell us now as I need some time to convince the wife about selling the Kids to fund this...

J.

The Egress Re-Re would be stupid, cos they didn´t sold all the Avante 2011 yet.

I think the Egress is in one year as Re-Re possible.

For now, it´s quiet hard to figure out.

A Hilux 4x4 or Blazing Blazer would be great... but also nearly unable to pay.

But it´s the nearest Re-Re were we´ve to pay more than usual.

Hopefully we´ll get some more infos in the next time!

If it were to be a 3SPD, then the Bruiser/Mounty would probably be more called for over the years than the Hilux/BB, not least of all by all the petitions by RCMT etc.

Whilst the H/BB makes more 'vintage rake-over' sense, I would think the big-tyre appeal of the later two would surely be more popular today than the originals.

If 'expensive' means 'more than the Avante' it doesn't matter to me anyway :blink:

So, who thought the Avante was the big bang? :lol: