europro975

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!

:lol: - Just gotta sort order of preference now

...and a lottery win ;)

My guess (not based on anything factual or even rumoured) is a 3 speed as well. My guess is based on the current amrket for scale trail trucks. These have taken over in temrs of popularity from the crawlers and the early 3 speeds seem very close to scale. I could see a re re 3 speed appealing to the entire scale truck crowd including brand loyal Axial etc. owners. It's a huge potential market if done right and some of the early issues with the leaf springs etc. properly sorted out.

Mark

Some more guesses:

Tamiya Skyline GT-R R32 on TA-01 chassis, this time machined out of 24 carat gold. :lol: (Hey, it's the first touring car- pretty iconic!)

Road Wizard with two pre-painted bodies (JPS and Road Wizard), two unpainted bodies, full carbon chassis and reinforced front end, coupled with the latest 3.5 turn brushless and modern tires, each car individually signed by Mr. Tamiya.

Striker Mk.II, on TRF202 chassis, topped with a lexan version of the Striker's body/chassis shell. Will win the worlds in 2012, effectively starting the apocalypse.

"Huge" Re-Release

Must be the Mammoth Dump Truck. :lol:

Seriously, my bet will be on Hilux or Bruiser.

i hereby retract my claim that 58500 will be a Rookie Rabbit...a guy at the bus shelter down the road said "unobtainium was made up for the movie Avatar"..and the drunk next to him said "you couldnt get near the Earth's core ,let alone cast metal in it"....so that effectively scuppers my guess.

but not to be dejected i simply telephoned Mr Tamiya himself..got straight through...and he said i was chosen to tell all ,with absolute FACT ,that model 58500 is to be EITHER a re-rerelease of an old model or a brand new model.FACT

though im 75% sure i MAY have been sleeping when this happened..either way its FACT..just like my Terra Scorcher when it hit a wall and broke in two....i remember looking down at it and thinking "its FACT"

Its got to be the Bruiser, surely. I know it would be expensive but the scale market is relatively huge these days, it would sell well I'm sure. Considering companies like RC4WD.com sell Bruiser knock off chassis kits I'm sure Tamiya think they may as well sell the original.

I just had another idea...

Perhaps they are re-releasing a Sand Scorcher in 1/5th scale? :lol: A little like a scale version of the HPI Baja 5B and with a überrealistic Scorcher shell with seperate panels? ;)

Its got to be the Bruiser, surely. I know it would be expensive but the scale market is relatively huge these days, it would sell well I'm sure. Considering companies like RC4WD.com sell Bruiser knock off chassis kits I'm sure Tamiya think they may as well sell the original.

it may be a Bruiser...and dont call me shirely :lol:

58100 was the Top Force so there'd be a kind of symmetry if 58500 was some sort of ultimate Top Force.

But having said that I'd rather have a scale 3-speed, preferably towing a Super Champ!! :lol:

My GUESS is a REALLY hopped up BIGWIG.................it`s been 25 years since the last one.

Brushless, carbon fibre, ali shocks etc.....

I just had another idea...

Perhaps they are re-releasing a Sand Scorcher in 1/5th scale? :lol: A little like a scale version of the HPI Baja 5B and with a überrealistic Scorcher shell with seperate panels? :)

I think I may need a cold shower. ;)

58100 was the Top Force so there'd be a kind of symmetry if 58500 was some sort of ultimate Top Force.

i like the way you think!

i wouldn't mind a 959/celica.

they just did the fav, maybe the wild one is next.

Interesting that there is nothing on tamiyablog about it. Hope it's not a late April Fool or repeat of Netsmith's Scorcher wind up. ;)

Anyway, if we can agree that this kit is one of those from anything up to 58120 then it can surely only really be one of the following :

* Top Force Evolution

* Egress

* Hilux/Blazing Blazer

* Porsche 959

* Bruiser/Mountaineer

With this in mind I give you my little chart of which I think is the most likely and why, starting with the least.

Note : The following is written as speculative opinion only & not intended to be read as fact. (thought I'd best make that clear :lol: )

5) Top Force Evo - While this is undoubtedly a popular high spec kit & arguably Tamiya's most impressive performing 1/10th buggy the fact remains that they discontinued the standard TF re-release almost as soon as they had introduced it and it would not be unreasonable to speculate that this may have been because it simply didn't create much demand from retailers so you would have to ask why they would take an even greater risk on the high spec version?

4) Egress - Again, a highly coveted kit, and the Avante '11 has certainly removed any doubt that they are prepared to bring back the expensive & exotic stuff. However, this car does not actually share that many parts with the Avante so that pretty much throws out the "two from each chassis" theory in this case. The real case against it being this kit though is the time scale. The Avante has barely hit the shops and they usually leave it at least 6 months before the next 'same-chassis' variant arrives. The chances of an Egress re-re are quite good....just not yet.

3) Hilux/Blazing Blazer - Highly prized duo that are perhaps out of the reach & price range of most members (if you want one NIB) these kits, despite their wonderful scale looks are said to be notoriously poor peformers by those that run them. Indeed one of the main reasons why the Bruiser came along was to improve on the deficiencies of the '1st generation' metal 3 speeds. Bearing this in mind and the fact that T seems to only bring back stuff that it feels can still cut it with just a few minor improvements in the modern age (the original Holiday Buggy was a vintage chassis too far it would seem) then maybe the Hilux/BB are also just a bit too antiquated to seriously consider their reintroduction.

2) Porsche 959 - A superb, highly prized kit throughout with one of the most detailed lexan bodyshells ever, this has got to be one of the favourites, especially when there have been rumours floating around from various sources that T is indeed working on bringing it back. The only point to consider at the moment is that, although the 959 was pricey and still would be now, it surely wouldn't be a stratosphericly priced kit and, unless I'm reading the OP wrong, that's what 58500 is going to be.

1) Bruiser/Mountaineer - The outstanding "Holy Grail", especially since the Scorcher re-release, this kit has been the subject of petitions from scale R/C websites for many years so there can be no doubting that T is aware of it's popularity. Adding this to the fact that the popularity of scale metal R/Cs grows ever stronger and that the re-release niche seems to be gaining more & more momentum with the 'reprint' of ever more unlikely & expensive examples from the '80s heyday then the Bruiser must surely be the likely choice to delve further into the re-release/scale RC market.

Now with all that said, I admit the above could be in the wrong order or actually completely wide of the mark altogether. Doesn't matter though, because the chances are that whatever it is I'll 99% be having one. :)

Wandy, I doff my hat to you sir. Have to say all of your reasoning makes perfect sense to me, especially the bit about the Blazer perhaps not being able to cut it in the modern world. A lot of people (going on what I saw on other forums) thought that even the SRB re-re's weren't really very good value for money when compaing their price and performance to similarly priced models, and I'd imagine from that point of view they were right on the limit with what Tamiya were prepared to re-release in their more or less original guise; although I guess the sheer popularity of those two models and how much people were prepared to pay for original examples almost certainly factored in to that equation as well. That also explains why The HB 2010s chassis was so far and away different to it's original incarnation, when so many other re-re's had stayed pretty much faithful to the original - which I always thought was a bit odd.

The more I think about it actually, the more a re-re Mounty / Bruiser actually does make sense (and no Andy, I'm not intentionally increasing my carpet bomb cachement area :lol:) from the point of view of the scale crawler market. Tamiya have touched this with the CC01, but haven't really made much of a dent in the dominance by the likes of Axial and people like RC4WD. Maybe they see a re-re Bruiser or Mounty as not only a good way of making a big bang at 58500, but also as providing some realistic competition for the established scaler names? I suppose the biggest question is just how huge is the price going to be?

Having read through the thread it does seem most likely to be a bruiser or mountaineer. Has the big wheel appeal that the h/BB doesn't have, and as others have pointed out there's plenty of other companies out there making lots of money from scale 4wd off roaders. That's the most sensible option. Now as evryone seems to be having a go at the wild speculation and lists of possibles, here's mine:

Either,

A Monster Beetle with a gearbox that works for more than 10 minutes

A kIng Tiger with a scale thickness steel hull :) (the shipping alone will be $250 ;) )

Tamiya have pumped all the money they made from previous re-releases into shares in Toyota, and are producing a 1:1 electric hybrid micro turbine Egress with a Toyota badge on the front :lol: (Someone said it is going to be expensive........ ;))

I suppose the biggest question is just how huge is the price going to be?

Yeah that is the big question.

Another question to ask is : Assuming the Bruiser is coming, either right now or in the near future....how many people here can say with total honesty that they will buy one if the price is bang on £500?

I will.

A Monster Beetle with a gearbox that works for more than 10 minutes

A kIng Tiger with a scale thickness steel hull :) (the shipping alone will be $250 ;) )

Tamiya have pumped all the money they made from previous re-releases into shares in Toyota, and are producing a 1:1 electric hybrid micro turbine Egress with a Toyota badge on the front :lol: (Someone said it is going to be expensive........ :o)

Diamond encrusted Striker complete with Kinder Surprise Egg for Easter..... ;)

Diamond encrusted Striker complete with Kinder Surprise Egg for Easter..... ;)

Come on, think big, a Faberge egg at least. :lol:

Maybe it will be a Buggy Champ in ANOTHER color! :lol: I'm holding out for a chartreuse, burnt umber or cadmium yellow edition myself.

i hereby retract my claim that 58500 will be a Rookie Rabbit...a guy at the bus shelter down the road said "unobtainium was made up for the movie Avatar"..and the drunk next to him said "you couldnt get near the Earth's core ,let alone cast metal in it"....so that effectively scuppers my guess.

but not to be dejected i simply telephoned Mr Tamiya himself..got straight through...and he said i was chosen to tell all ,with absolute FACT ,that model 58500 is to be EITHER a re-rerelease of an old model or a brand new model.FACT

though im 75% sure i MAY have been sleeping when this happened..either way its FACT..just like my Terra Scorcher when it hit a wall and broke in two....i remember looking down at it and thinking "its FACT"

Interestingly and somewhat OT, Unobtainium is a real scientific term used to refer to an either rare or non-existent material. Not many people know that. I think the film "The Core" was the first to introduce the term to popular culture.

Interestingly and somewhat OT, Unobtainium is a real scientific term used to refer to an either rare or non-existent material. Not many people know that. I think the film "The Core" was the first to introduce the term to popular culture.

I remember Oakley shades (Blades?) years ago using Unobtanium on the ear and nose pads, dunno if that was before The Core though

Edit; been about since the 1950's according to Wikipedia (and therefore true :unsure:)

well if its 1950s then their patent would've lapsed... bet the Japanese could use some "Thermonuclear Protection" :unsure:

I have no idea on this so I will just say Astute as I want that rere'd :unsure:

Will be a modified re-release...a fully functional dually tow truck with the old 3 spd running gear. It will be the most expensive new/re-release model all in one package.

Shouldn't this topic be in another forum???

Will be a modified re-release...a fully functional dually tow truck with the old 3 spd running gear. It will be the most expensive new/re-release model all in one package.

Shouldn't this topic be in another forum???

A re-release of which model though? Bruiser? Hilux? Mountaineer?....or something else?