europro975

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!

I've yet to see someone do anything amazing with a Striker mind you LOL......

Not amazing but does anyone else think this one looks quite nice? Or am I just in an exceptionally good mood? ;)

striker.jpg

striker2.jpg

I'd say it looks better with road tread, low profile tyres, not quite sure I'd go as far as "Quite nice" though.

Wandy, you've clearly had too much sun over the weekend. Drink plenty of water and go for a lie down ;)

I'd say it looks better with road tread, low profile tyres, not quite sure I'd go as far as "Quite nice" though.

Wandy, you've clearly had too much sun over the weekend. Drink plenty of water and go for a lie down :)

Yeah, your probably right. ;)

Something occurred to me you know...

striker.jpg

isn't a million miles away from:

ariel_atom_500_jalopnik-topshot.jpg

I feel a project coming on ;)

You made the connection and now Tamiya will ask for royalties instead of paying, for a change. For that ..you are on my good list and you get to visit my Tamiya Headquarter next time you are in Japan. Don't forget to buy some stuff from my shop inside.

Tamiya san

No word of a lie, when I posted that photo earlier I was thinking that it reminded me of something I had seen before on Top Gear but I couldn't think what it was. Well lo and behold you've found it! ;)

Strikers that look good... Sun in England... what next?! ;)

:)

As tempting as all this Striker talk is, if 500 is really huge (and expensive), I have to think it's either an Egress or a Bruiser. And given the Avante has somewhat blunted the impact of an Egress re-release, I'm going to hold off looking for a NIB Bruiser and cross my fingers.

More news soon!

Antony

And how soon is soon? ;-)

BTW, I do hope for the three speed Toyota Hilux or the three speed Blazer - with some nice improvements.

Has no one mentioned perhaps it's a 959? Not huge in the physical sense, but significant no?

Since it has already been told in another topic and in another post here, if I remember well, another guess of mine is that it could be even the clod buster, dsince the "super" one has just been discontinued, and it is huge...

Yeah but a Clod Buster isnt expensive (well not since '87)

Fair enough. I think the Avante is a hideous Kings New Clothes car. *shrug*, everyone has different tastes.

Perhaps 58500 will be a modified Avante chassis with a Super Levant body ... yuck!!!

'I do however think the next re-release will be a huge one. The re-releases just seem to have gone up and up in price'.

I'm sorry Olly but you have always been of the opinion that Tamiya make no precedence and that the re issue programme they currently have has no reflection on the market, any such research and is based solely on them picking names out of a hat. Okay, not quite as primitive as that. And now, in the next breath you are saying, actually I think they have an agenda in place in no uncertain terms. Please make up your mind as you tried to burn Wandy not so long ago for doing the very same! I mean, how dare anyone have a change of opinion on this forum!!!!!!!!!!

I meant huge in price.

I've consistently been of the opinion (strongly I should add) that Tamiyaclub and it's forum have no influence on the next rerelease from Tamiya. That's not the same as saying Tamiya pull names out of a hat or have no agenda.

The other stuff I can't really reply to as I quickly lost interest in your rant, sorry, post. But I can see you're very upset about this though so maybe we'd better continue this via PM or open another thread because this kind of bickering is pretty boring for other forum users to have to scroll through.

I think I must try and find out from my suppliers here in SA what the magical 58500 might be. Should calm down the masses on TC, hopefully, as we are not getting any joy with all this banter going on.

as we are not getting any joy with all this banter going on.

Speak for yourself :)

I think this "58500 huge re-release" is just a rumor, nothing more. Tamiya will keep on doing re-releases, some year more, some year less or none.

This is just opposite, when several years ago, except me, lot of people saying Tamiya will never re-release any of the metal chassis vehicles because of this and that.

I might as well say there will be big earthquake in the future....so we might a well name every single model tamiya had put out even the cheap ones as Tamiya can personally sign and number the kit, use a wooden crate as the box, throw in a few Tamiya T-shirts, flags, decals, special book, autograph poster of Tamiya san himself with some of his hair included with the poster (like elvis nails), the Japanese flag, ...and put a huge price on it....otherwise will be the old 3spds. There is nothing more expensive. :)