europro975

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!

:D:):lol: Where's the fun in that? I wouldn't be able to mod the bejesus out of it then, would I :D

:P I'm sure you will find something on it to mod! I'll look at some model and think, wow, now that is perfect. Then lo and behold, get onto TC and 10 or more people has changed the wheelbase, modded the shock mounts/position, modified the steering, used different suspension arms etc, etc, etc......

So I'm sure there will always be something to mod.

If it's not a re-release, my hopes are focused on:

- Tamiya's admittance to LiPo with a release of a brushless, LiPo ready 1/5th scale buggy (like the HPI Baja 5B in brushless) :D

- A chassis release for Nostalgic/Vintage/Classic cars: Think Kyosho Nostalgic done the Tamiya way: Scale rims and tires, rear wheel drive chassis with live axle on the rear, using 'modern' rc dampers, and last but not least: Releasing a first of many Classic car bodies (think Shelby Cobra, Ford GT40, MG B, Jaguar E-Type, Ford Mustang (Mk.I), Dodge Charger, but also cars from the 30's like the Mercedes 770 W07). This chassis would need an adjustable wheelbase and perhaps even an adjustable width (different types of suspension arm) to become versatile. No re-releases here, just 'a note of appreciation to cars of the past.' :P

- A proper modern version to confirm the definitive end of production for the Clod (It's not that I don't like the Clod, it's just that after their failed attempt with the Juggernaut and Jug II, it's time to give the Monster Truck crowd a new, big, scale looking truck with superb reliability and a motor in the centre instead of making all weight unsprung like on the Clod ;)).

- New modern scaler instead of the CC01 (even though I wouldn't buy one, it would be awesome to see a new one :) ).

- TRF417 Titanium edition (Bulkheads from titanium, and re-developed/more material cut away to make them as light as possible) :lol:

My 417 is seriously underweight already.. any lighter and it might actually fly!

I hope is something new.. Tamiya are on a roll with kits atm, the f104x looks good, the TA06pro looks like the future of modern touring cars, so I think a new scale chassis or something else along those lines would be good.

My 417 is seriously underweight already.. any lighter and it might actually fly!

I hope is something new.. Tamiya are on a roll with kits atm, the f104x looks good, the TA06pro looks like the future of modern touring cars, so I think a new scale chassis or something else along those lines would be good.

;) That's pretty funny! I meant keeping it at the same weight as the original: titanium has a higher density than aluminium, so the bulkheads would need lightening if you'd want to keep the weight the same - because the extra rigidity of titanium vs. aluminium is not beneficial for the handling anyway, it is a pretty useless plan :) Not to mention too expensive...

I agree with you though that a new release instead of re-re would be cool. The TA06 Pro is an odd looking car, but really that should be embraced :lol: After all innovation and trying out new ideas makes the modern releases interesting, doesn't it?

Either way though, I bet they won't disappoint me with the release, as there have been very few so far that disappointed me (The HB2010 and Zahhak were a bit disappointing, but under their shells are solid chassis').

- A proper modern version to confirm the definitive end of production for the Clod (It's not that I don't like the Clod, it's just that after their failed attempt with the Juggernaut and Jug II, it's time to give the Monster Truck crowd a new, big, scale looking truck with superb reliability and a motor in the centre instead of making all weight unsprung like on the Clod ;)).

I'll agree with this, though I'm hoping it is a Jugg2 as there was nothing at all wrong with it (as a sequel to the Clod at the time) besides the lingering bad press from the original Jugg. Had they released it first and therefore not been inundated with complaints of melting gearboxes it would have been remembered more fondly.

I'll agree with this, though I'm hoping it is a Jugg2 as there was nothing at all wrong with it (as a sequel to the Clod at the time) besides the lingering bad press from the original Jugg. Had they released it first and therefore not been inundated with complaints of melting gearboxes it would have been remembered more fondly.

I believe you on that, and I have to say the Jug and Jug2 look good... But I think nowadays, an even more reliable and tough platform can be made than a Jug (think lighter without loss of durability, or more durability without gaining weight - a slipper clutch for catching the hardest hits) - so why not make it even better than what the Jug2 was? ;)

I believe you on that, and I have to say the Jug and Jug2 look good... But I think nowadays, an even more reliable and tough platform can be made than a Jug (think lighter without loss of durability, or more durability without gaining weight - a slipper clutch for catching the hardest hits) - so why not make it even better than what the Jug2 was? :lol:

A monster truck that looks like a jugg but with a split transmission system with one motor driving the left wheels and one the right. No diffs to chew up, 4 drive shafts to transmit the torque to the wheels instead of 2, so less chance of eating the drive shafts, and a clutch to lock the 2 gearboxes together for a servo controlled 'diff lock' (Which would obviously lock the front and reaar wheels). It would also give the rock crawler crowd the option to have wheel steering and skid steering as well (Use an aricraft V tail splitter to mix in with the throttle channels, one speedo for each motor) woohoo ;)

Not a re-release??...but "huge"?....perhaps a 1/8th Wild One?..like Kyosho's Ultima DB,but in the style of a W1.

it would be huge (in size) and not quite a re-re

mind you the more i think of it the more i see it as Tamiya would do it.

if it was aimed at the rtr Ultima DB market and designed by Tamiya it would probably have a front bumper the size of Nebraska ;)

or perhaps it could be a M-chassis Nissan Cube.....

or perhaps it could be a M-chassis Nissan Cube.....

Nissan shouldn't be making those!

And Toyota should never have redesigned the BB

Or Scion and XB if your in North America.

And Toyota should never have redesigned the BB

Or Scion and XB if your in North America.

Agreed.

FJ Cruiser on a HighLift! ;) or ok, even lexan on a CR01/CC01 if ye must

oooh I like that idea. Now they've exhausted all the possibilities of CR01 body shells on a CC01, now they're going to do it with the high lift. That's Tamiya all over!

A monster truck that looks like a jugg but with a split transmission system with one motor driving the left wheels and one the right. No diffs to chew up, 4 drive shafts to transmit the torque to the wheels instead of 2, so less chance of eating the drive shafts, and a clutch to lock the 2 gearboxes together for a servo controlled 'diff lock' (Which would obviously lock the front and reaar wheels). It would also give the rock crawler crowd the option to have wheel steering and skid steering as well (Use an aricraft V tail splitter to mix in with the throttle channels, one speedo for each motor) woohoo :lol:

:lol: Wow, trying to picture that is making my head spin! That would be something that everybody would again call "over engineered" as is the case with most things Tamiya(CR01,Avante,Hot Shot etc).

:lol: Wow, trying to picture that is making my head spin! That would be something that everybody would again call "over engineered" as is the case with most things Tamiya(CR01,Avante,Hot Shot etc).

It's going to be my next project once the super heavy king tiger is finished, unless Mr T beats me to it :lol:

^^^ you've just described an ARMY TANK... i hear T makes a few of those already, just with chain tracks :lol:

I have a feeling that the next big re-release (maybe 58500) will be the 959/Celica Gr.B - I'm convinced of this and here's why:

1. When I got back into the hobby my first resto. was a Frog - Tamiya then proceeded to re-release it much to my shock.

2. I then turned my interest to the Hotshot and refurbished a few (at quite a lot of expenses - new bodies, tyres etc) - then that was re-released.

3. Then I decided to get into SRB's and bought my first battered old Scorcher and set about a very long and expensive resto. Finished it, then it too was re-released. This is one I was sure would never be re-released...

Also restored a Holiday Buggy, Boomerang and Grasshopper along the way.

To date, just about everything I've decided to restore has so far been re-released, usually after I've spent a bucket load of cash on eBay and T/C!!

Now my latest project is a Toyota Celica Gr.B resto (which will no doubt be expensive) and I'm starting to wonder - will the same thing happen again?? I think probably, yes (and/or the Porsche 959).

Either that or a yellow Holiday Buggy!

What do you guys think ?? Tamiya have already shocked us with some of their recent re-releases, especially the SRB and Avante...

(BTW, I'm all in favour of the re-releases. Just wish I knew about them before I splashed the cash...)

:) you gotta love its symetery....wait a minute :P

with the latest pics of the FAV 2011...i reckon the Wild One isnt far away...but not 500 and prob not 1/8th

i am stumped what 500 could be..but let me clarify..please PLEASE DO NOT let it be a Nissan Cube!

What if 58500 is going to be the Wildone? I have no idea, but looking at the numbering... 58050 was the Wildone, so change the position of the 5 and now you have 58500...

Thoughts? I know the Wildone is not huge in either size or money, but just playing along like everyone else.

John

There will be no more re-release or release of any kind.

Tamiya just when bust and filed Chapter 11. Banks and creditors are moving in and selling the assets...

I thought I start some crazy baseless story like kit # 58500 will be a huge re-release.

Mind you Tamiya's re-releases have been huge. We are not complaining from the RR to the Avante and FAV :o

There will be no more re-release or release of any kind.

Tamiya just when bust and filed Chapter 11. Banks and creditors are moving in and selling the assets...

I thought I start some crazy baseless story like kit # 58500 will be a huge re-release.

Mind you Tamiya's re-releases have been huge. We are not complaining from the RR to the Avante and FAV :)

I just confirmed this...

Since the Shizuoka hobby show is albeit over, I guess we will have to wait a little bit longer to find out what the 58500 will be......... At least we have the FAV to tide us over. :)

Here my suggest concerning Kit# 58500:

The FAV was released in 1984 as Kit# 5846, later change to item# 5846

The Wild One was released in 1985 as Kit# 5850, later change to item# 5850

The Re Release FAV comes as item# 58496 (before 5846/5846). Do you see the similarity of the numbers? :lol:

So Kit number 58500.... sounds like 585 ;)

If evereything will be the same, so the Wild One will be Re Released next year, therefore one year after the Re Release of the FAV (like it was in 1984 / 1985)

as Item# 58500... :P

Start safe your moneys for the Re Release Wild One :lol:

Hmmmm... Never thought of that!

Good call!

Badboy

so the Wild One will be Re Released next year

Next year is too far away, for a 58500 release :D Although I see your WO parts prices have dropped, will have to contact you soon ;)

58500 Monster Beetle 2011...

Must be... I think... agree?

-Lars