europro975

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!

Next year is too far away, for a 58500 release ;) Although I see your WO parts prices have dropped, will have to contact you soon ;)

You have right, so the Re Release of the Wild One will maybe this year, maybe Christmas? :D

I would be glad to hear from you concerning the Wild One Parts :)

Regards

Stefano

I just confirmed this...

A Google search returns only this forum. Links or it didn't happen.

I still find it odd that they released the Holiday Buggy 2011 when the Sand Rover is a better looking and more popular car - then they release the FAV when the Wildone is the better looking and more popular car

:)

I still find it odd that they released the Holiday Buggy 2011 when the Sand Rover is a better looking and more popular car - then they release the FAV when the Wildone is the better looking and more popular car

You're thinking as an enthusiast, not a business.

They'll always release the less popular varient first.

That way they sell more - as you go out and buy both.

If the popular item came first, you wouldn't buy the less popular varient.

You're thinking as an enthusiast, not a business.

They'll always release the less popular varient first.

That way they sell more - as you go out and buy both.

If the popular item came first, you wouldn't buy the less popular varient.

I will just quote you on that - so when we dont see the Sand Rover or Wild One I will come and moan at you :(

The Holiday Buggy's not technically a re-release in the same vein as all the others, only a re-use of the body shell - dunno if that means the Sand Rover won't be making a comeback, but would it fit on any modern off road chassis anyway?

The shock towers of the current HB chassis would mess it all up for a start, and possibly the larger gearbox too.?

If they were going to rerelease the HB/SR chassis just for the SR, then surely it would serve equally as well for what the HB (current) is intended for?

Perhaps 58500 will be a modified Avante chassis with a Super Levant body ... yuck!!!

Looks like I was wrong about the kit number ... I wonder if this will be a Stadium Truck???

58497 1/10 AVANTE TRUCK

Oh well ... kit 58500 will be the Wild One Re-Release then ... ;)

Looks like I was wrong about the kit number ... I wonder if this will be a Stadium Truck???

58497 1/10 AVANTE TRUCK

Oh well ... kit 58500 will be the Wild One Re-Release then ... ;)

Nah I doubt it. Too soon after the FAV and not "Huge" enough to skip the 499 and 500 announcements imo.

1 month on from after this thread was started....and we still haven't got a clue. ;)

It's not like Antony hasn't been back to the board since either as he has posted on other threads. This means he either a) can't give away any more info for fear of exposing his source, b ) the info was sketchy to begin with....or c) he's since found out that it was completely false and he's desperately hoping this thread goes away. ;)

Aha! Come on Antony spill some beans. ;)

Edit : aw man, he was here for a sec and has gone again.

1 month on from after this thread was started....and we still haven't got a clue. ;)

It's not like Antony hasn't been back to the board since either as he has posted on other threads. This means he either a) can't give away any more info for fear of exposing his source, b ) the info was sketchy to begin with....or c) he's since found out that it was completely false and he's desperately hoping this thread goes away. ;)

In all seriousness though I do believe he has genuine information, it's just frustrating waiting to find out what the next piece is. Can't be long now though since we know what 498 & 501 are....

Perhaps it's a car that looks like this when viewed from the side:

0 0

It's been announced!!!!!

VOLTEC FIGHTER! YAAAY!

Lol, anti climax.

C'mon Anthony, patience isn't one of my virtues! :rolleyes:

Here my suggest concerning Kit# 58500:

The FAV was released in 1984 as Kit# 5846, later change to item# 5846

The Wild One was released in 1985 as Kit# 5850, later change to item# 5850

The Re Release FAV comes as item# 58496 (before 5846/5846). Do you see the similarity of the numbers? :blink:

So Kit number 58500.... sounds like 585 :D

If evereything will be the same, so the Wild One will be Re Released next year, therefore one year after the Re Release of the FAV (like it was in 1984 / 1985)

as Item# 58500... :lol:

Start safe your moneys for the Re Release Wild One :lol:

I'm with you. It will be the Wild One.

Let's recap. Anthony says;

" Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!!!! READ expensive, start saving. "

Will a rr W1 be expensive?

Must be a rr Egress ($$$$) :blink::lol:

A rr Avante already cost a tidy sum, even more than the metal loaded rr Sand Scorcher.

It's a rumour and rumours are often exaggerated and not always accurate. So let's analyse the statment:

Kit number 58500

1. Will be a huge Re-Release!!!! A bit of a relative statement. Huge in what perspective? I think the re-release of the Sand Scorcher was about as huge as it gets. On this forum alone there are hundreds of comments over why it would never be re-leased.. in the end.. it was, in fact i'd call it an epic re-release. So what could be more huge than that? The Avante's re-release is not even as huge as the sand scorcher, so why would the egress be any bigger?

2. READ expensive, start saving: Perhaps a bit of disinformation to throw you off the trail? If he had written 58500 will be a re-release may have been too easy for everyone to figure out.

My guess still is.. the Wild One. The numbering makes sense.... to me. I could be wrong. I guess we will see.

Has anyone notise that more and more Toyota Hilux are out on the bay?

I've seen alot more Blazers as well!

Hmmmm...

Badboy

My guess still is.. the Wild One. The numbering makes sense.... to me. I could be wrong. I guess we will see.

You do realise the Sand Scorcher's part number was next up from the Rough Rider and yet the rereleases were 11 apart?

Grasshopper and Hornet 2 apart, and rereleases 10 apart and the release order was reversed the second time around?

There's no logical pattern to any of them really :lol:

A huge release for Tamiya does not need to be an expensive release. The Monster Beetle mentioned on another thread could be a "huge" re-re for them, much like the Lunch Box which so far has been their "hugest" release in terms of sales volume.

I'm sticking with the Bruiser/Mountaineer. Which ever one Tamiya believe is the least popular. The other one will then arrive within 12 months after that.

Anyway, never mind 500...what about 499? That seems to have been deliberately omitted from the list on the other thread too? I will stick my neck out and say either Blitzer Beetle or Astute.

There's no logical pattern to any of them really :lol:

I aint biting. B)

A huge release for Tamiya does not need to be an expensive release. The Monster Beetle mentioned on another thread could be a "huge" re-re for them, much like the Lunch Box which so far has been their "hugest" release in terms of sales volume.

From the OP:

"Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!!!! READ expensive, start saving.

More news soon!

Antony "

I think that's the main reason why one of the original 3-speeds are favourite

No I am not saying that, where did you get that from?

Well, I came to that conclusion because you said...

This club has no influence at all over Tamiya.

and moreover

Neither do Tamiya have a department monitoring these forums and the vintage market.

....yet you agree that Tamiya have an agenda with the re-releases. That being the case, and bearing in mind that you believe that the online vintage community has had no influence whatsoever, then where has the agenda come from and why are they bringing all of these kits back? Please don't say money though...that is stating the obvious. I'd like to know why you think they re-issued 16 kits & counting when in your eyes they don't even acknowledge that there is a particular demand for them?

Said it before and I'll say it again. The re-releases are nice little example of the buying customer driving what a company produces when usually it's the opposite way round.

I could walk into town right now and buy a Big Trak, the reason I can do that is not because fans of Big Trak set up a website and forum to discuss it, it's because manufacturers are riding a wave of interest and popularity in 80s and retro toys and thats what prompted Tamiya to rerelease older models.

Although the sentiment is similar the use of Big Trak as a comparison is not a particularly good one. Firstly the interest in Big Trak is microscopic compared to that of vintage Tamiya R/C, so small that it barely even registers on a measuring scale. Secondly Big Trak is one single stand alone product that has been brought back and does not represent any kind of phenomenon. Unless I've missed something I haven't seen MB bring back Dark Tower or Computer Battleship etc etc....and thirdly and probably most significantly it isn't even MB who have brought back Big Trak. The moulds were bought by another company so this further highlights the fact that Tamiya are uniquely involved in the reintroduction of their own old products.

Genuine question though. Which other manufacturers have brought back retro toys, gadgets etc? Who did it before Tamiya? I'd genuinely like to know as there might be something out there that I'd be interested in buying.

Following wonderful sales of those rereleases they're now in a position where their sales figures can tell them it's fine release old models safe in the knowledge that they'll sell well and make a profit for the company. Tamiya don't need to look on the internet to know that if they rerelease the Blazer (for example) tomorrow it'll sell loads. Five or so years ago they wouldn't have known that, but they know it today because of sales of previous rereleases have shown that almost any model is a fair bet to make money.

At least we can pretty much agree about where we are currently at with the re-re's. They only know that though because they took a gamble on the huge resurgence of interest evident through the internet, and that gamble has paid off.

TBH they're in a very enviable position now that they probably never thought they'd be in. They could release a Saint Dragon and it'd sell. No doubt someone on TC would pipe up and say they've been hoping for a Saint Dragon rerelease and thus are somehow responsible for it because of course Tamiya must have seen their lament for it. To me thats just egotism.

To me their market research is their own sales figures - not the TC forum. If at any point rereleases had not sold, for example if the Buggy Champ had been a sales disaster and they'd made a huge loss on it then we wouldn't have seen the Avante and whatever else is to come. When people stop buying rereleases then rereleases will stop.

Can't agree with that either I'm afraid. It's seemingly not true that they can re-release anything they want and it will sell, otherwise the Top Force, Thundershot & Manta Ray would not have been discontinued so quickly. And obviously I have no evidence to prove that they were pulled due to poor sales but why else would they do it? The Frog was re-released at the the same time as part of the same Japanese market research exercise yet that kit is still being produced. This tells me that watching the online vintage community is a much more powerfull market research tool than getting people to fill in a few leaflets to see what is truly popular. And lets not forget that the apparant poor sales of those 3 kits did not stop T from pursuing re-releases...they just refocused on the scale looking ones.

A lot of people make reference to the fact that the Japanese market has most sway on what is released. This may well be true but I believe that when it comes to re-release cars the Japanese mostly love the same cars as we do and they are also an active part of the online community.