europro975

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!

There are 3 NIB Toyota Celica's on ebay right now... usually a relatively rare sight... I wonder if the sellers know something! Maybe #499 will be the Celica and #500 the magic 959 :)

I hope so!

There are 3 NIB Toyota Celica's on ebay right now... usually a relatively rare sight... I wonder if the sellers know something! Maybe #499 will be the Celica and #500 the magic 959 :)

I hope so!

Same was said about the TF Evo a few posts back

Sorry mate, you'll have to wait for 58959. Come back in another 30 years, give or take :):)

Sorry mate, you'll have to wait for 58959. Come back in another 30 years, give or take ;):)

I've heard (from inside my head) that the 58499 will be Audi Quattro Rally and Opel Ascona 400 Rally in a duo/ twin pack, and

58500 will be Porsche 959 4wd and Toyota Celica gr.b Rally Special in a duo/ twin pack.

They will even be available as XB kits early next year!

:):lol:B)

You all do realize what they're going to do, right? It will be a high-lift chassis, with the Toyota body, that half-cab camper thing on the back, and CR01 2.2" wheels, and will be labeled as "Bruiser 2011."

(my hobby: stirring up trouble...)

Will that mean it'll just be called "The Fro'" ?

The slogan on the rear wing will be "Afro Stylin'".

- James

given the age demographics, be more apt "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!!" :)

Oh, I get it: Bear Hawk with restyled body and the slogan "Mah Hawk!".

The Solar Eagle is nice but not really a model that sold a lot, did it? B)

Where did you get that information from?

The Solar Eagle is nice but not really a model that sold a lot, did it? B)

Where did you get that information from?

He is pulling your leg my friend, or at least he had better be. :lol::lol:

I do hope so too. Although I like the idea of a solar powered RC car.

But it wouldn´t make much sense in rainy Europe would it? B)

Well if that's the case , I will NOT be wasting my money on them . Good news in a sense , as i save some money B)

Actually, a modern take on the Solar Eagle would make some sense in "rainy Europe". I have the original Solar Eagle, which feature solar panels from the early 90s. Mine has only been tested a couple of times, but it works up here in the North. So why would not a remake with modern panels work even better?

I, for one, would be interested.

C'mon TamiyaDan!!!

Where did you get that info from?

Badboy

News Flash!!!!

This milestone kit will be the "Zahhak" Gold Edition. There's a guy with a can of cheap spraypaint working overtime in the PI factory. Tamiya had to do something really special to get rid of all those lame kits nobody wanted. An exclusive addition to this kit will be Tamiya's first ever self destructing instructions (you only get to read them once and then they sponteneously burst into a pile of ash).

"NO" "NO" "NO" i can't hear you B) , Tell me you lie . PLEASE !! :lol::lol: This is all you are going to get from most of us :)

This is not what we wanted to hear .

Just waiting for Joe to chime in here. Then I will know it is close to R & R..... (Revelation & Release)

"NO" "NO" "NO" i can't hear you B) , Tell me you lie . PLEASE !! :lol:B) This is all you are going to get from most of us :lol:

This is not what we wanted to hear .

He was taking the Michael.

:)

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a MkII Solar Eagle if this really will be 58500 :) The original Solar Eagle was an absolutely beautiful vehicle to start with, so if they kind of stick with that styling it will look great. If they can show us that solar technology goes faster than we expect, and at a price that is still reasonable then they'll certainly have a very cool model. Nowadays the Solar panels are more efficient and the use of Lithium batteries (in case of Tamiya SURELY it will be Li-Fe or Li-Ion and not LiPo) will make it possible to make an even lighter vehicle which can be charged before driving it. Plus, if they'd manage to get a radio set with the kit that also (succesfully) works on solar energy, you'll have a car that needs no external power source apart from simple daylight - so if you're not a caveman, the car will work just fine! :lol: It's definetely a car that you could take with you for a days driving next to one or two other cars, right?

He was taking the Michael.

:)

michael ??? mickey insist it ?. :lol:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a MkII Solar Eagle if this really will be 58500 :)

I'll stick pins in a Mr Tamiya doll if it is.....

58500 Tamiya Solar Eagle MKII (confirmed)

58499 Rookie Rabbit truck (confirmed)

Perhaps the Solar Eagle still is big in Japan. In other countries it would be an HUGE disappointment.

I would love to build a brushless Rookie Rabbit truck, though. Then drive it straight into a brick wall.

If it is true that Tamiya is making a new solar power rc car, it could be related to the recent nuclear disaster in Japan. Maybe Tamiya is trying to make a statement to promote and support enviromentally friendly energy.