europro975

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!

why not the Top Force Evo? :(

yeah nice! i would buy one of those for sure..

Not amazing but does anyone else think this one looks quite nice? Or am I just in an exceptionally good mood? :(

striker.jpg

striker2.jpg

This is really awesome! love the rims and tire for front and rear. What are these brand? Where can I get a set of these?

cheers mate

This is really awesome! love the rims and tire for front and rear. What are these brand? Where can I get a set of these?

cheers mate

Front rims are original Striker.

Rears are HPI I think.

Can't help with tyres sorry.

rears are a Tamiya radial thread pattern... probably TGX 1/8th?

fronts look like HPI's X-pattern radials, probably the supernarrow 22mm touringcar tyre slightly stretched over the larger wheel

Many thanks guys for the info. Now that I have the reason to complete my Sonic Fighter!

Front rims are original Striker.

Rears are HPI I think.

Can't help with tyres sorry.

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!!!! READ expensive, start saving.

Odd, I've heard "regular release" ;) .

Odd, I've heard "regular release" ;) .

So you have heard that it's not a re-release?

Odd, I've heard "regular release" :P .

;):o Niiice! :) So after all, the entry into the General Discussions may have been more accurate than we first thought if it's not a re-re :P

Anyway, I'm curious to know what this release will be then: If Tamiya will release something really special, or don't mind the model numbers too much ;) I also think it may me good that the 500th car is not a re-release. It would almost symbolize that Tamiya is taking a step back in the 'evolution' of RC cars, and it gives Tamiya a chance to release something unlike anything before!

Hopefully it's not another Holiday Buggy debauchery.....

Yeah, dirty, dirty Holiday Buggy! :blink:

My hopes would be for the Black Foot or F150 Ranger. Of which being about the same body and both chassis already re-re'd, one could very likely lead to the other.

Super Champ would be cool to.

If it's not a re-release, my hopes are focused on:

- Tamiya's admittance to LiPo with a release of a brushless, LiPo ready 1/5th scale buggy (like the HPI Baja 5B in brushless) :D

- A chassis release for Nostalgic/Vintage/Classic cars: Think Kyosho Nostalgic done the Tamiya way: Scale rims and tires, rear wheel drive chassis with live axle on the rear, using 'modern' rc dampers, and last but not least: Releasing a first of many Classic car bodies (think Shelby Cobra, Ford GT40, MG B, Jaguar E-Type, Ford Mustang (Mk.I), Dodge Charger, but also cars from the 30's like the Mercedes 770 W07). This chassis would need an adjustable wheelbase and perhaps even an adjustable width (different types of suspension arm) to become versatile. No re-releases here, just 'a note of appreciation to cars of the past.' :P

- A proper modern version to confirm the definitive end of production for the Clod (It's not that I don't like the Clod, it's just that after their failed attempt with the Juggernaut and Jug II, it's time to give the Monster Truck crowd a new, big, scale looking truck with superb reliability and a motor in the centre instead of making all weight unsprung like on the Clod :lol:).

- New modern scaler instead of the CC01 (even though I wouldn't buy one, it would be awesome to see a new one :) ).

- TRF417 Titanium edition (Bulkheads from titanium, and re-developed/more material cut away to make them as light as possible) :lol:

Ok so it's safe to assume, from what you have said above, that we are at least on the same page about the idea that there is an "agenda", or more accurately, a strategy in place to re-release certain models at a certain time, yes?

Yes to agenda and no to certain models at a certain time.

What you are saying is that if the internet did not exist and there had been no interest in vintage R/Cs then they still would have re-released those same 16 or so kits? Really?

So tell me, all the above being the case, what would be their motive for re-releasing a plethora of old-tech kits?

No I am not saying that, where did you get that from? Of course they would not have rereleased the same 16 kits.

Their motive? To make money.

I could walk into town right now and buy a Big Trak, the reason I can do that is not because fans of Big Trak set up a website and forum to discuss it, it's because manufacturers are riding a wave of interest and popularity in 80s and retro toys and thats what prompted Tamiya to rerelease older models.

Following wonderful sales of those rereleases they're now in a position where their sales figures can tell them it's fine release old models safe in the knowledge that they'll sell well and make a profit for the company. Tamiya don't need to look on the internet to know that if they rerelease the Blazer (for example) tomorrow it'll sell loads. Five or so years ago they wouldn't have known that, but they know it today because of sales of previous rereleases have shown that almost any model is a fair bet to make money.

When deciding what model to rerelease I don't think they need to look on Tamiyaclub. I don't think they care what Wandy from Newcastle, or Olly from Banbury wants to see, they care how many units the last comparable rerelease sold.

TBH they're in a very enviable position now that they probably never thought they'd be in. They could release a Saint Dragon and it'd sell. No doubt someone on TC would pipe up and say they've been hoping for a Saint Dragon rerelease and thus are somehow responsible for it because of course Tamiya must have seen their lament for it. To me thats just egotism.

To me their market research is their own sales figures - not the TC forum. If at any point rereleases had not sold, for example if the Buggy Champ had been a sales disaster and they'd made a huge loss on it then we wouldn't have seen the Avante and whatever else is to come. When people stop buying rereleases then rereleases will stop.

For all our arguing Wandy I have to say though that I'd love to be wrong, and to be proved wrong. I'd love it if someone from Tamiya appeared on the forum and asked outright what forum member's wanted to see released, I think it'd be terrific. But I think it's unlikely as if TC forum opinion was important to Tamiya it would have happened by now.

Back on topic - I still think 58500 will be something totally underwhelming.

Olly

It could be a Wild Willy 3 :lol: maybe a 4x4 version Jeep? half re-re half new release!

I'd love it if someone from Tamiya appeared on the forum and asked outright what forum member's wanted to see released, I think it'd be terrific. But I think it's unlikely as if TC forum opinion was important to Tamiya it would have happened by now.

Can you just imagine how many opinion the poor soul would get. Oh yes please mr. So and So, I would like a scale looking plastic bodied Chevy C10 with solid axles with metal casings, a scale roofrack....... or Please a plastic bodied Lamborghini Muira in 1/10 scale on a TA05 chassis with...... bla bla bla.

It would be overwhelming to say the least. TA-MARK would want an indestructable brushless buggy with infinite gearing options, Steelrat some incarnation of a Baja Bug that doesn't break and will pop wheelies at the slightest touch of the trigger, Wyoming a scale beater that is better than an Axial SCX etc etc etc. But man wouldn't that be something if we get an open line to Tamiya HQ. The stuff they might just then rere, but much better still, the stuff they might just then start to produce!

Maybe someone should e-mail Tamiya HQ with a link to this thread, lol.

A Falcon with rear suspension that works??? Yes please.

Back on topic - I still think 58500 will be something totally underwhelming.

Olly

Yeah, I'm kinda with you on that, especially after all the hype of this thread. Probably be just another run of the mill kit, is there any indication other than this thread?

As for Tamiya conspiracies, my theory is when they hit 58580 they'll re re the BF

They could release a Saint Dragon and it'd sell. No doubt someone on TC would pipe up and say they've been hoping for a Saint Dragon rerelease and thus are somehow responsible for it because of course Tamiya must have seen their lament for it.

I for one would be really pleased if the Saint Dragon is re-released - I'd get two bodies and do one up in the red "Ricky's Special" colour scheme and the other in blue, with matching Mini 4WDs. :D

Steelrat some incarnation of a Baja Bug that doesn't break and will pop wheelies at the slightest touch of the trigger,

:D:):lol: Where's the fun in that? I wouldn't be able to mod the bejesus out of it then, would I :D

Yeah, I'm kinda with you on that, especially after all the hype of this thread. Probably be just another run of the mill kit, is there any indication other than this thread?

As for Tamiya conspiracies, my theory is when they hit 58580 they'll re re the BF

Or you can dream about it or hope for something, but at the same time being realistic to yourself: Don't expect them to (re-)release what pops up in your mind (unless of course you are Mr.T or are a good contact of his :D)