europro975

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!

I really don't think it matters one bit though. The sort of people who a Bruiser re-re would aimed at are the sort of people who are not going to choose one truck over another simply because its kind of similar. It wouldn't be aimed at Joe Blogs walking in off the street with a vast amount of money burning a hole in his pocket to spend on a high end RC truck. That sort of person doesn't really exist. It would be aimed at the serious collector and scale runner who has multiple trucks and takes their hobby very seriously, and crucially has the money to support it.

In other words, the sort of person who wants a Bruiser, not necessarily a 3 Speed Hilux.

Don't forget, it's not a dead cert it's going to be a bruiser/3spd. I read through the link posted on this thread that was the discussion over kit number 400, and look what that ended up as. :) Has it definetly been confirmed that kit 500 is going to be a re-re ?

Don't forget, it's not a dead cert it's going to be a bruiser/3spd. I read through the link posted on this thread that was the discussion over kit number 400, and look what that ended up as. :) Has it definetly been confirmed that kit 500 is going to be a re-re ?

:D good point Martin.. I guess we're all assuming it's going to be a re-re cos of the "hugely expensive" bit.

In other words, the sort of person who wants a Bruiser, not necessarily a 3 Speed Hilux.

Or the the sort of person who already probably has a 3 speed Hilux, and an F-350 and a Tundra and multiple other trucks including a vintage Bruiser. I'd wager that a fair few people who would buy a re-re Bruiser are probably the sort of person who already have one. That's what the scale truck market is like. Its pretty hard core.

Well europro's title and opening post clearly states RE-release....but yeah I was thinking something similar. If it's not a 3 speed or anything like it then we (and me probably more than anyone!) is gonna look rather silly. :D

Well europro's title and opening post clearly states RE-release....but yeah I was thinking something similar. If it's not a 3 speed or anything like it then we (and me probably more than anyone!) is gonna look rather silly. :)

Yep. What Wandy said!

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!!!! READ expensive, start saving.

I honestly don't know what could be such a huge re-re. I honestly thought the Avante was the big one until this thread started.

"Huge Re-release" could mean anything from size to popularity. Huge could mean an Original Clod Buster, Mammoth Dump Truck, Juggernaut etc, but it could mean huge in regards to want like a porsche 934, Hilux, 959 etc

It's the "expensive" part that makes me and probably a few of you think it's an RC with a metal chassis, as they always cost Tamiya more to produce than injection moulded plastic ones.

Exciting nonetheless! :)

Although I'm starting to hope this is the grand finale too

Ah, so I take it you are speculating like the rest us here? I assumed you had actual bona fide information.

Personally I think it will be an ~80% original re-release, with tweaks to stuff like leaf springs and dampers, plus provisions for fitment of an MFU.

No. I am really Mr. Tamiya using the name Tamiya1/10, which no one made the connection for the last 4 years. And for those TC members that have disrespected me in the past, I will not sell the 58500 re-release to them at any price and I will make sure they cannot visit my Tamiya headquarter in Japan. I have their TC members named posted at the entrance reception area.

Actually, I think the re-release targets all have met expectation and Tamiya is confident the re-release of their old 3spd will also be a hit even more expensive than the Avante. Just look at forum with each more expensive re-release the hits were even higher and likely the sells figures support the marketing boys over the bean counters at Tamiya.

Anyway, 2 years ago in Toronto, while chatting with Advance Hobby owner? from Hong Kong, he told me the Hilux would be release at the end of that year, but it didn't happened. It does not mean it will not happen only the time line has been put back. Like I said when I first join TC several years ago talking about re-release, never say never.

Anyway, 2 years ago in Toronto, while chatting with Advance Hobby owner? from Hong Kong, he told me the Hilux would be release at the end of that year

That's it then, it must be official! :D

Careful on your reply, because you now know who I am and if I sense you are been cheeky, I will not sell it to you or let you visit me... :)

All kidding aside, your educated guess is just as good as my. I would like the see the Blazer re-release.

Sincerely,

Tamiya san

Lets just hope it isn't a bruiser or some other useless 3 speed. Even this thread had people saying they won't be buying it if it's released... Who honestly would want to pay loads for one of them?

Maybe it could be something more exciting, a ultra modified Voltec fighter or the most likely being a Porsche 58001 but made out of exotic materials (makes more sense) as it would good to see what it would look like re-engineered.

Porsche 58001 but made out of exotic materials (makes more sense) as it would good to see what it would look like re-engineered.

58001 and 58002 re-engineered from modern materials would be TamTech 1:12 Porsches.

Even this thread had people saying they won't be buying it if it's released...

Of course it does, you can't please all the people even some of the time. This hobby has so many niches and specialities that virtually nothing has universal appeal.

Personally I would love "some other useless 3 speed". Preferably the original 58028 Hilux, maybe with some gentle re-engineering to make it a little more robust and reliable (as per the Avante). Would I pay £500 for such a beast? Well, I've got more than that tied up in SRB's, same again for my Slashes and my Tundra probably isn't far off. As for the rest... So yes, I probably would (after looking round for the best deal, obviously :P ).

cheers,

Rob

Lets just hope it isn't a bruiser or some other useless 3 speed. Even this thread had people saying they won't be buying it if it's released... Who honestly would want to pay loads for one of them?

The same people who have, over roughly the last 10 years, willingly spent the same amount (and more) on runners in varying condition. And the people who have showrooms worth literally tens of thousands of £££, brimming with kits & built examples from the very same era in which the originals are from.

It's been said on here many times before.....never figure rationality into the purchasing of the vintage Tamiya kits. Don't buy them as investments & most certainly do not dwell too much on the amount of money you spend on them. :P

a bruiser or some other useless 3 speed.

How is a 3 speed "useless" exactly? I take it you're aware that the original 3 speeds are amongst the most highly sort after vintage kits out there at the moment?

You are missing the whole point of the Avante, Tamiya did not release this to compete with the 511 or any modern buggy for that matter.

:P

I didn't miss the point, in fact that was pretty much the point I was making.

A re-re 58028 would float my boat. I drooled over this kit in the local ToyWorld as a young teen many times (The owner still has the kit NIB as it never sold and he won't sell it now). There was no way I could afford it then, and I'm not paying $3.5k for a NIB one now (current asking price on feepay). I would buy a re-re though (even for the suggested £500). Not because of how it drives or how it performs, but simply because of how it looks, chassis and body!

Wow that's a bit of a statement. I'm with Steelrat on this one, Do you have one to judge it like that?

Jerome

How is a 3 speed "useless" exactly? I take it you're aware that the original 3 speeds are amongst the most highly sort after vintage kits out there at the moment?

One has to look at it from a "runner" vs shelfqueen point of view. Runner would put any RC through it pace like jumps rolls, figure 8s, drift, etc, while shelfqueener would just built it and place on shelf or if run at all will be with kids glove. So to a runner the 3spd is "usless" and like a model all looks and no show. The old 3spd I have, since I got her and fixed her up, her shoes haven't touch any pavement just hardwood floor inside my house. Call me chicken or shallow, but I just don't want any possible damage and in that sense the 3spd is useless other than seating pretty on a shelf, but I still want one. My fingers and toes are crossed for the Blazer re-release, since it has the most interesting body vs the other 3.

Kit number 58500 will be a huge Re-Release!!!! READ expensive, start saving.

More news soon!

Antony

C'mon Antony, give us another clue!!!!!!!

:P

Wow that's a bit of a statement. I'm with Steelrat on this one, Do you have one to judge it like that?

Jerome

Yup back in the day worked all summer to buy one.. Massive disappointment, slow, delicate, not even scale handling just hated it. I sold it for more than I paid for it (the shell was amazing, my cousin did a custom paint job on it). I love all sorts of Rc cars just not big fan of the old 3 speeds.

If they re engineered a chassis, modernised it and put a land rover shell on it I might be interested.

Yup back in the day worked all summer to buy one.. Massive disappointment, slow, delicate, not even scale handling just hated it. I sold it for more than I paid for it (the shell was amazing, my cousin did a custom paint job on it). I love all sorts of Rc cars just not big fan of the old 3 speeds.

If they re engineered a chassis, modernised it and put a land rover shell on it I might be interested.

I had a similar experience with my F350 Hi-Lift. I really enjoyed building it, very nicely engineered and looked fantastic, but not really much fun to drive out of the box. Too slow to do any jumps with, rolled at the drop of a hat, causing expensive gravel rash all over the bodyshell, and the 3 speed was a bit superflous. I ended up tanking round in top gear all the time. Used it about 3 times and then sold it.

Now this would make a great 3 speed scale off roader. Famous for being able to go anywhere (great with dual drive shafts front to rear, no shocks required), would make an awesome towing or hill climbing machine, the 3 speeds would be slow, slower, and very slow. Used for every possible application, sold in over 100 countries, this would sell better than 3 speed trucks for sure, and look at the possibilities for after market metal bits :P

img33435_23042011225416_1.jpg

I am in the same camp. I was so disappointed with how bad it drove. I paid up for a bruiser, and while it was lovely / interesting to look at and work, the driving experience was SO BAD I just couldn't believe how it is so raved about. I was honestly shocked. A niko monster truck would drive better. Everything is just too hard, leafs and tires. No suspension action is going to occur unless you put about 6kg on the chassis. Anyway, this is not to moan, just say I agree.

That said, if I was in a position to buy a re re hilux (if one comes) then I would find it nice to build. But certainly not drive and not for an avante beating price.

It will be a Fox, with HiCap shocks, titanium screw kit, and 18ct solid gold wheels :P

Now that would be HUGE! :angry: