TWINSET

Junfac SRB chassis

Sent them the drawings a couple of years back after the guy that made mine could no longer get them bent, and they're finally making them :unsure:

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php?main_...products_id=404

Main Features:

• CNC machined aircraft aluminum
  • Super light weight
  • Titanium gray anodized chassis
  • Exceptional quality and finish
  • Protects the mechanism box and minimises further dirt ingress under the body
  • Easy Installation
  • 3mm thick chassis plate
  • Fits Tamiya Buggy champ and Sand Scorcher

super_champ_chassis.jpg

jtw2.jpg

jtw1.jpg

Looks very similar to the Radshape chassis, then again I suppose there isn't really much scope for variety.

The difference between my design and Chris's is that mine had the velcro slots to fit a battery lengthways, and being 3mm alu was a little stiffer (and lighter once you ditched the radio box)

Ah, I didn't twig that's what the slots are for. Thanks for the explanation.

Andy - where do you put the Rx/ESC in that configuration? and what stops the battery moving forwards?

Andy - where do you put the Rx/ESC in that configuration? and what stops the battery moving forwards?

I had the radio gear up on the wings on my old one, with the servo taped in front of the battery as a 'stop'

img169_22092006220312_3.jpg

Here's Petercabrio's setup;

img2144_08032005190538_4.jpg

Although Zakspeed's uses a different setup altogether

img1604_29102008155859_6.jpg

Andy!

This looks really good! I have been waiting for something like this to come along! Are you going to offer them on the Bay or can you just purchase them from the link? Any idea what ist would cost to ship one of these to me in Canada?

Thanks

OSR

Are you going to offer them on the Bay or can you just purchase them from the link? Any idea what ist would cost to ship one of these to me in Canada?

Commercially, these are nothing to do with me - I don't profit from any sales Junfac make - I used to get them made but when we had problems getting the sides bent up I stopped. Last ones I sold were back in 2008

To buy, deal with Junfac direct - they're pretty quick to ship but their email 'update' system isn't always as fast.

Shipping to Canada looks to be $8.50 - If you add one to your shopping cart the next screen has a shipping estimator.

Andy!

This looks really good! I have been waiting for something like this to come along! Are you going to offer them on the Bay or can you just purchase them from the link? Any idea what ist would cost to ship one of these to me in Canada?

Thanks

OSR

I've had many orders from junfac - all successful and reasonable shipping to Ontario, Canada.

I have found though, the shipping to be slightly quicker when purchasing off ebay for some reason though.

He, he... I got the original Twinset Chassie!!!

I bought 3 chassie from Twinset and they worked fine till I hid a virtucal rock just standing 1" above ground,

after that only one front wheel touch the ground. I had to bend it back.

Two of them are now sold...

Badboy

Being that our beloved moderator and Tamiya Godfather Twinset endorses them, I think you will be safe :lol:

It's my design, from 2006, endorsement's kinda compulsory :lol:

Ours have a fully machined edge, come in three different finishes and a longer style that fits under the rear gearbox.

I'm sure Andy likes mine too :blink:

We're quick on delivery too B) You can get them HERE

Just ordered a Junfac one. Now I need the Kamtec xlear PolyCarbonate radio box but it's not listed on Kamtec's website or on Ebay :unsure:

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I e-mailed Kamtec a while back about the clear PolyCarbonate radio box to go with this chassis and the reply said send me your Paypal address and we'll send you a Paypal request. So I did last night and they just now sent me a Paypal request and I just now paid them. So that's how it works.

Mandy at Kamtec said that they would add the clear radio box to their website and that they always had quite a few of them in stock. But when I check the website I only see the Carbon effect radio boxes. So I made sure to ask for the clear ones, not black, in PolyCarbonate, and not in ABS etc.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Well I got the Kamtec clear SRB radio box (very thick polyCarbonate) a while back but I still haven't received my Junfac SRB chassis. I messaged them about it a few days ago via their Ebay auction page for the item but no reply, so I just messaged them again.

Sorry but I'm not impressed with Junfac so far.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I'm sorry to have to do this, but looks like I have no choice. My Junfac SRB chassis hasn't arrived and it's 2 days short of 1 month since I paid for it via Paypal. Despite two attempts to contact Junfac via Ebay messages in the last week, still no reply, and I know that they can speak some English since their auction page for their chassis is all in English.

So I've opened a case on Ebay. I am not really interested in bad mouthing the seller or arguing. I only want either my item or a refund.

Maybe the item was sent back to the seller by the post office but I got no card through the door and assumed that I didn't need to check with the sorting office. Maybe that was a mistake since last time I had this sort of problem I had a body which didn't get delivered, but of course I got a card through the door on that occasion so I could go and get it from the sorting office. No card for this Junfac item though.

Seller has 10 days to reply to either me or Ebay and at least tell me what the problem is. Hopefully the item was returned or something silly like that and I can get the item resent to me or a replacement.

I really need one of these chassis' as no one else seems to make them at present?

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I bought one of these chassis (junfac) for my srb. Looks to be in great quality. Haven't got the chance to run it yet.. ;)

I also bought the radshape one..

Alloy thickness was thinner but it should be fine pretty sturdy too. :o