ultrahive

JRX2 / Pro body length issues...

Hey all, I have an issue with a JRX2 repro body being too short for the chassis. Not only are the suggested mounting hole areas off, but the body itself is shorter then the box art body. Its driving me nuts! Ive scanned the entire JRX2 box into Photoshop, did some reference measuring and it just doesnt make sense.

I understand how a repro body is made from an original, as I ve made a few myself years ago with casting resin and a thermoformer. But it seems like the one I have is short by 1/2 inch. I have no picts yet to back this up, just asking around to see if a similar problem has occured. Thankfully I bought 2 bodies, and learned from the first mistake I made.

Anyway, heres where Im at with my Pro, going for a box art style, with a slight change in the color hue. I still have a long way to go to finish the box art theme, and not mich time to work on it. My window paint masks worked great though :huh: thanks..

post-36684-1303447740_thumb.jpg

JRX2 and JRX Pro chassis were different lengths-Pro was longer. You probable have a JRX2 body if it is coming up too short. Nice start on the painting, though.

who made the body?

i always thought that the box art pro was a hacked x2 body. they cut the rear off the x2 body for the pro. so you line it up correctly with the front body post and then cut off the body after the rear shock tower.

i could be wrong but thats what i remember.

i have a repro body on my 5link x2 and other then being a bad copy it fits.