Sign in to follow this  
karooha MB

Brean Sands - Weston Super Mare - 1st May

OK, as the last thread was hi-jacked (by us) to sort our Hamhill Bash yesterday (it was great, I have very pink arms!), I thought I'd better start a new one for next weekend.

So, its Brean Sands, on the south end of Weston Super Mare Beach. A superb flat sand beach, ready to have a track marked out and some more SRBs, buggies, Short Course Trucks, and whatever else turns up, we had a great selection last time, and I think we've fettled and straightened and improved our cars ready for another great session. Got my New Onboard Video Camera for some chase cam action!

It'd be great to see all you TC'ers again, and some new faces.

I'll be leaving Crewkerne at 8/8:30am, via Stoke Sub Hamdon direction (Brayling?), Taunton/M5 and North to Weston-S-Mare, and can pick up on route if people would like a lift there and back. To get there at about 9:30/10am, should be able to get to the spot by then, and probably head home at 5pm ish again.

1st April Tide Times Sun HIGH=06:32 LOW=12:01 HI=18:48 LOW=00:18

Looking forward to some great and hilarious action again!

Hi

Its Ross here, I came to the last Brean Bash.

I've just joined the Cider Bashers SIG, and Alex just told me about Brean Bash 2.

I'm going to be in Bath this weekend with my girlfriend, and I don't think i'll be back to be able to make it on the 1st. But if things change, i'll try to make it down to Brean.

Hopefully, i'll definately be able to make the next one tho!.

Regards

Can't make this one as off to Oulton Park for the weekend, would be up for the next one though.

We will be there, normal hooligans in the boot, pair of SRB’s, VBL, BFX, Baja Champ and the Slash. If the parts turn up the Revo will be on the brushless setup from the E-Maxx, should be good for a laugh before something pops, again B) .

Looking forward to good day, it’s a real shame that people can’t make it, always fun to have lots of RC’s tearing about.

ATB Matt

Yup, will be a blast. There'll be enough for us to get some good running done. Weather should be good. Might bring the good lady along to meet you all!

Bad news, cant make it tomorrow, AARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH, nightmare, after two days solid of changing gears and up grading.

Next weekend is cool, if that helps any?

Sorry all. Ben

Is this still on for the weekend? I can possibly make it. Might even be an excuse to build my buggy champ before the weekend! Can we decide on Sat or Sun? I can do either day.

Morning all, I can’t make Sat but I am fine for Sun. The only thing I will say is that High Tide is around 10ish both days, so it may be best to meet about midday.

Can’t wait to have another SRB in the mayhem and knowing Alex it will have his special twist to it!

ATB Matt

Hey y'all. I have been so busy I have not had the chance to check in! The weather here is not good. Stormy, wet, and grey. Not ideal for sitting on a beach. :(

Not sure what to do. I do know I have some exhausts to make for some orders though, so if it doesn't brighten up I think I'll be doing that.

At best I think it will be a blast at hamhill for me.

Hiya Ben. Been looking at the weather for Sunday, looks like showers early in the morning, up to about 9-10am and then clear. I am up for whatever. Let us know what you think.

ATB Matt

Hiya Ben. Been looking at the weather for Sunday, looks like showers early in the morning, up to about 9-10am and then clear. I am up for whatever. Let us know what you think.

ATB Matt

Lunch time at the Hill? We have a new SRB'ist, and I have a new Slash! How is yours now?

Sounds like a plan! My Slash is still causing me grief, can’t get the temps down, oh hum, at least the VLB is now sorted.

See you there.

ATB Matt.

Whats causing that? What is your gear ratio and motor setup?

I've not really tested my temps (no gear to do so) but I have the 5.5 EZRun in it (taken from the Strike) and it has always been fine to date.

I have 83 tooth spur, 15T pinion, on the 60A ESC and 5.5T motor.

It rocks. Alot stronger and less wollowy than the Strike, but I have ordered another 5.5 setup from Bullistorm (another Ezrun variant) which I'll drop back in the strike when it arrives sometime in the next 4 weeks !!! lol

Looking at times for tomorrow I would say a late afternoon bash, heading into early evening, is great for me tomorrow, as I NEED to watch the F1, then I have a short family responsibility to uphold (an 80th) in Yeovil, which is very close to Hamhill, so 3:30/4pm arrival is ideal for me. That'd give me about 4 hours of light. Its a bit later than I initially thought, apologies, but it should give me enough time to get a blast in and some more vids shot.

Matt, have yous een the vid from the last Hill Bash?

I dont know if anyone else knows of it, but at Lytes Cary just of A303 nr Castle Cary, there is an Enduro/Moto-x track. I will look into its suitability for future bashes.

Also, it is probably a good time for me to start working on the club circuit I had in mind here in Crewkerne. I have land sorted, I have ideas, I just dont have enough hands to do it on my own. If anyone would like to get involved I would love some assistance. Its planned to be a dirt/gravel/sand type track. two or three weekend sowuld see it done I think, and we could make it excatly as we want it! The land will cost a little to rent, so I intend to open it to people for a small fee, but it could be such a blast!

Opps, my mistake, changed my post above. The Blitzer has still got temp problems, just going to have to go for a lower KV/higher quality motor. The Slash is now on the VXL system from my Bandit so can now take 3s, let the madness begin!!!!

Cracking Vids from Ham Hill.

Late afternoon sounds good.

See you there.

Opps, my mistake, changed my post above. The Blitzer has still got temp problems, just going to have to go for a lower KV/higher quality motor. The Slash is now on the VXL system from my Bandit so can now take 3s, let the madness begin!!!!

Cracking Vids from Ham Hill.

Late afternoon sounds good.

See you there.

Cool, lets do it, I'll be there around 4. A bit of High Speed SCT action is cool to look forward to. And a growing SRB formula is very exciting.

I have a spare 10.5 LRP Brushless Motor, a Vector. Not used much, a couple of outings in my RE Re SS, but that now has a 13.5 Turn.

If its any use to you how does £20 sound.

£20 sounds very good, I think that might do the trick, ta.

ATB Matt

I'll bring it later.

Weather is good here so far, had rain last night but I would guess that as the ground is so dry it shouldn't have too much negative effect.

Looking forward to it!

We are here, normal parking spaces, broken 2 things already!

LOL, whats the chances of that then? Ha ha. Great fun, even with the sideways rain! Repaired the Slash, and the reglued the rims on the TL01 (thing of hate 2) for the 3rd time!!!

New post coming, we are thinking the last weekend of the month, the bank holiday Sunday 29th, Monday 30th May, at Brean again, for a days SRB Mayhem and various other 1/10 marvels!

If anyone has a better beach location I/we'd be keen to hear it, but based on comments last time Brean seems fairly good for most people and central (ish)

Off to start a new post now.

Cheers y'all, Ben